Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Homebrew Trophy New NES homebrew in development by Gradual Games. Tribute to Mega Man

Oct 14, 2018 at 1:18:31 PM
dragonwarrior83 (36)
(Nick R) < Meka Chicken >
Georgia
Looks great, all this homebrew goodness, need a second job...

-------------------------
Got all 4 Dragon Warriors CIB, Thanks Everyone. Now looking for Dragon Quest ( Famicom ) 1, 2, and 3. Also a box and guide for Earthbound.

Feb 03 at 11:18:54 AM
GradualGames (39)
(Derek Andrews) < El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
Just wanted to let everyone know, Trophy is done and we have begun the process of researching how to do a KS. It'll be a bit yet, but we'll announce in this thread when the KS page goes live and probably have it up on the main page of NA.

Creators of: Nomolos: Storming the CATsle, and The Legends of Owlia.

Feb 03 at 1:32:16 PM
Scrobins09 (8)
(Sean ) < Eggplant Wizard >
District of Columbia
Congratulations on finishing! I enjoyed playing your demo at MAGFest.

Feb 03 at 2:43:22 PM
Fleck586 (155)
(Jason Fleck) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
Originally posted by: GradualGames

Just wanted to let everyone know, Trophy is done and we have begun the process of researching how to do a KS. It'll be a bit yet, but we'll announce in this thread when the KS page goes live and probably have it up on the main page of NA.

Nice! Looking forward to this one

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Feb 03 at 7:45:37 PM
neodolphino (179)
(Justin ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania

Done??! YAY!  

Congrats, man!

Hope you get the kickstarter craziness figured out easily enough.

Feb 07 at 11:27:41 PM
WaverBoy (1)

(Jeff Nelson) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
Looks fantastic, I'm in for a Kickstarter!

Apr 03 at 10:59:43 AM
GradualGames (39)
Pennsylvania
Update: The kickstarter will not be administered by us. Our artist has permanently left the company and so we are considering alternatives such as selling the ip to someone else to kickstart later. It WILL be released it will just now be delayed by several months or maybe a year, not certain yet.

Apr 04 at 5:52:41 PM
andrew m (0)

< Cherub >
Aw man, I hope there's some good news in the future. I got to at least briefly see it at Magfest and it was looking really nice! I just wish I would have had more time to sit down with it, it was definitely something that caught my eye.

Apr 09 at 8:46:59 AM
lancuster (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Originally posted by: Scrobins09

Where I can play this demo?

P. S.: GradualGames, it's looks like a Metal Force, another MegaMan clone from South Korea.

My NES hacks on Romhacking.net
>>Oldschool Beta-tester<< - Testing NES roms for bugs
My latest ROM-hack: http://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo...
Newest (ready) hacks: "Mario Has A Very Bad Days!", "Good or Bad?" (Tank 1990 Hack) (pm me for details)
I added level settings for 102 games into CaD Editor!

Apr 09 at 9:24:07 AM
Scrobins09 (8)
District of Columbia
Originally posted by: lancuster

P. S.: GradualGames, it's looks like a Metal Force, another MegaMan clone from South Korea.

I believe I was playing on a cart that Paul (INL) brought in addition to Mojonian Tales (another gem!)

Apr 09 at 10:27:17 AM
lancuster (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >

I believe I was playing on a cart that Paul (INL) brought in addition to Mojonian Tales (another gem!)

That is, the digital version of the demo will not be upload? Or demo presented only for Kickstarter bakers?

My NES hacks on Romhacking.net
>>Oldschool Beta-tester<< - Testing NES roms for bugs
My latest ROM-hack: http://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo...
Newest (ready) hacks: "Mario Has A Very Bad Days!", "Good or Bad?" (Tank 1990 Hack) (pm me for details)
I added level settings for 102 games into CaD Editor!

Edited: 04/09/2019 at 10:28 AM by lancuster

Apr 09 at 10:43:02 AM
Scrobins09 (8)
District of Columbia

That is, the digital version of the demo will not be upload? Or demo presented only for Kickstarter bakers?

To my knowledge a digital demo is not available yet. As far as getting one as part of a Kickstarter tier, you’d have to ask Derek, though given his recent news it will be awhile before it launches.

May 02 at 2:35:50 PM
Nightowljrm (42)
(Joseph Morgan) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Hoping everything regarding the business side of things works out smoothly. Really looking forward to this one, Derek.

May 02 at 3:57:58 PM
GradualGames (39)
Pennsylvania
I have no reason to believe it won't go smoothly, I should have arrangements for the sale of the ip and publishing within a month or two. How quickly that translates to actual publishing and shipping of cartridges though is probably several months beyond that though. The game will come out one way or another.

May 30 at 8:59:05 PM
Starfoxes (0)
(Yannick ) < Tourian Tourist >
Trinidad and Tobago
I like the screen scrolling aspect to the homebrew, And the enemies are cool even from your previous games. I wonder if you are using a mapper like MMC1? Because I know Mega man 2 kept vertical mirroring consistent throughout the same stage, even during vertical scrolls. Great platformer  

Shoot for the stars.

May 31 at 8:49:01 AM
GradualGames (39)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Starfoxes

I like the screen scrolling aspect to the homebrew, And the enemies are cool even from your previous games. I wonder if you are using a mapper like MMC1? Because I know Mega man 2 kept vertical mirroring consistent throughout the same stage, even during vertical scrolls. Great platformer  
MMC3, and I picked horizontal mirroring in order to get the nostalgic attribute glitches on the side of the screen (because to heck with the nutty OCD nonsense from nesdev concerning making a game absolutely flawless in all respects), and so I could have huge scrolling bosses scroll from above the top of the screen.

Edited: 05/31/2019 at 09:01 AM by GradualGames

May 31 at 4:39:03 PM
Starfoxes (0)
(Yannick ) < Tourian Tourist >
Trinidad and Tobago

Originally posted by: Starfoxes

MMC3, and I picked horizontal mirroring in order to get the nostalgic attribute glitches on the side of the screen (because to heck with the nutty OCD nonsense from nesdev concerning making a game absolutely flawless in all respects), and so I could have huge scrolling bosses scroll from above the top of the screen.

I love games that use MMC3, Cool.

Shoot for the stars.

May 31 at 5:29:26 PM
WaverBoy (1)

Washington
Any closer to a Kickstarter?

Jun 01 at 9:27:49 AM
GradualGames (39)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: WaverBoy

We have sold rights to our newest game, Trophy, along with our previous two titles, to Sole Goose Productions, who has extensive experience producing NES games. This move enables me and "my artist" to go our separate ways and restart our lives, but keep our games available.

Edited: 06/01/2019 at 09:28 AM by GradualGames

Jun 01 at 9:39:08 AM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
As Derek said, we will be handling the release of Trophy and also the continuation of the back catalog of GG releases. I am very honored to be helping with what I feel to be one of the very best homebrew games nay, NES games, made to date. I will have more info soon as things come together on the production side, but the wait will not be long!

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Jun 01 at 10:24:05 AM
WaverBoy (1)

Washington

We have sold rights to our newest game, Trophy, along with our previous two titles, to Sole Goose Productions, who has extensive experience producing NES games. This move enables me and "my artist" to go our separate ways and restart our lives, but keep our games available.
Does this mean you'll no longer be creating NES games?

Jun 01 at 10:25:11 AM
WaverBoy (1)

Washington
Originally posted by: SoleGooseProductions

As Derek said, we will be handling the release of Trophy and also the continuation of the back catalog of GG releases. I am very honored to be helping with what I feel to be one of the very best homebrew games nay, NES games, made to date. I will have more info soon as things come together on the production side, but the wait will not be long!
Gotcha, thank you for the update!

Jun 01 at 11:04:22 AM
GradualGames (39)
Pennsylvania

Does this mean you'll no longer be creating NES games?

I'm not sure to be honest. I'm actively developing small PICO-8 games at the moment. As I need to restart my life and make other humans a priority (including yet to be spawned humans, hopefully, if I'm lucky, eventually), I am not certain when or if I would be able to make the extremely vast amounts of time necessary for creating NES games of the scope that I have made so far. I am not ruling out small compo games though.

Edited: 06/01/2019 at 11:11 AM by GradualGames