Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Sealed Collecting Questions Wata/VGA Advice, Authentic vs. Reseal Help, etc.

Feb 21, 2012 at 1:07:42 PM
cartman (16)
(The Boss) < King Solomon >
Sweden
Originally posted by: MinusWorlds

Originally posted by: cartman

No it was opened, never played that's why it received Qualified. They check the contact points for wear to determine if it was ever used.
Allright then. The contact points, is that the back of the cartridge on wich they they check if it has any scratches or is it something else? What about game boy consoles, those won't really show anything if they've been powered up only once?

Also i wonder about all these "Play It Loud" Game Boy's that get a high grade, batteries having not leaked. What happens the day they actually do leak (wich is inevitable from what i've heard)? Then the grade is basically worthless or what?

Hey man these are the contact points:

Oh that. Yeah i don't know, i'm pretty sure it could've been tried a couple of times without them being able to notice anything. I mean the absense of dirt alone isn't exactly strong evidence...

Feb 21, 2012 at 1:13:32 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
(Fudge Tastic) < King Solomon >
U.S. Virgin Islands
I've had games sent back because of detection of use.  It's pretty hard to not scratch when it's metal on metal.  They look under a microscope supposedly...

Feb 21, 2012 at 1:28:41 PM
cartman (16)
Sweden
Really? That's actually a level of professionalism i didn't expect. Has this been officially confirmed?

Feb 21, 2012 at 1:29:52 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
U.S. Virgin Islands

Really? That's actually a level of professionalism i didn't expect. Has this been officially confirmed?

Nope.  speculation.  Like I said though. I had a game I thought to be brand new and they rejected it, so it's more than eyeballing...

Feb 21, 2012 at 1:51:01 PM
cartman (16)
Sweden

Nope.  speculation.  Like I said though. I had a game I thought to be brand new and they rejected it, so it's more than eyeballing...

Was it a Japanese game? Are you sure there wasn't any obvious signs to it after all?

Feb 21, 2012 at 2:58:30 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
U.S. Virgin Islands
No it was NTSC and NES. I'm sure, the cello was still on it

Feb 21, 2012 at 3:11:50 PM
cartman (16)
Sweden

But wouldn't that mean they must tear the cellophane off, sending it back without it?

Feb 21, 2012 at 3:12:43 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
U.S. Virgin Islands

But wouldn't that mean they must tear the cellophane off, sending it back without it?

No sorry should have specified.  The wrap was slit on the top but still on the cardboard

Feb 21, 2012 at 3:33:39 PM
cartman (16)
Sweden

No sorry should have specified.  The wrap was slit on the top but still on the cardboard

But how can you be sure that it was the contacts themselves that showed usage and not something else that you might've missed?

Feb 21, 2012 at 4:05:30 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
U.S. Virgin Islands

But how can you be sure that it was the contacts themselves that showed usage and not something else that you might've missed?

I'm going by what they told me...

Feb 21, 2012 at 4:34:01 PM
cartman (16)
Sweden

Oh...well that explains it i guess.

But how about Japanese game boy systems, would they really be able to find signs of wear if it was powered up just once?

Feb 21, 2012 at 4:38:10 PM
acomicbookguyc (350)
(Cristian Romero ) < Bowser >
California

Oh...well that explains it i guess.

But how about Japanese game boy systems, would they really be able to find signs of wear if it was powered up just once?

Unless someone put some polyester gloves and opened it up with ninja like tranquility then I think they'll be able to notice something. They're the experts and unless you ask an them we really don't know how they do it. I'm assuming that even finger prints would be considered a flaw. 

-------------------------
Help me complete my N64 set!
225/296 Carts - 228/296 Manuals - 236/296 Boxes
http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

Feb 21, 2012 at 5:26:04 PM
cartman (16)
Sweden
altough it's safe to assume that VGA-folks wear gloves themselves, right?

What about my question regarding "Play it loud"-game boy's? I bought a silver level 85 recently and it's pretty safe to assume that it wouldn't have gotten that grade if it had leaked batteries. One day when they do leak, wtf will happen to the grade then? I obviously can't consider it 85 anymore so is there any reason for it to remain encased?

Feb 21, 2012 at 5:36:00 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
U.S. Virgin Islands

What about my question regarding "Play it loud"-game boy's? I bought a silver level 85 recently and it's pretty safe to assume that it wouldn't have gotten that grade if it had leaked batteries. One day when they do leak, wtf will happen to the grade then? I obviously can't consider it 85 anymore so is there any reason for it to remain encased?

I see your point but dude I'd wait it out...no point in definitely ruining something for something that could happen.

Feb 21, 2012 at 5:56:41 PM
cartman (16)
Sweden

I see your point but dude I'd wait it out...no point in definitely ruining something for something that could happen.

Yeah i expressed myself a little clumsy here, the "breaking the case" is something that would, hypothetically, happen after me finding it one day with leaked batteries, not right now. It just seems pointless having a grade that isn't even accurate. Infact it would be kinda retarded...

Feb 21, 2012 at 6:57:42 PM
Shyft (24)
(X X) < Meka Chicken >
Victoria
A mate of mine just received this and wants to know if it would be worth grading? Pic is pretty self explanatory. I don't think these ever came sealed and everything is brand new inside. What are your thoughts?

http://i.imgur.com/HqTHph.jpg...

Bring me the head of Earthworm Jim.......... or any Earthworm Jim games or merchandise you have.

Feb 21, 2012 at 7:00:11 PM
acomicbookguyc (350)
California
Originally posted by: Shyft

A mate of mine just received this and wants to know if it would be worth grading? Pic is pretty self explanatory. I don't think these ever came sealed and everything is brand new inside. What are your thoughts?

http://i.imgur.com/HqTHph.jpg

Is it for his personal collection? If you want exact grade I'd post more pics. Similar to how I had them a page or so back. 

Feb 21, 2012 at 7:02:15 PM
acomicbookguyc (350)
California
Anyone want to help fill out some forms? I'll be on ichat/aim for the next hour or so. These things are damn confusing lol.

acomicbookguyc89

Feb 21, 2012 at 7:03:49 PM
Shyft (24)
(X X) < Meka Chicken >
Victoria
I believe it's for his personal collection so I;ll take some more pics and get back to you

Bring me the head of Earthworm Jim.......... or any Earthworm Jim games or merchandise you have.

Feb 23, 2012 at 6:21:10 PM
mlbfan10 (100)
(Jason Trogdon) < Lolo Lord >
North Carolina
Looks to be 85 condition with the corner wear.

Feb 26, 2012 at 3:34:05 AM
Shyft (24)
(X X) < Meka Chicken >
Victoria
So these pics aren't great but they're the best i can do without knowing how to use my camera better.

http://imgur.com/a/CVlFU...

Feb 27, 2012 at 10:49:47 PM
NES.God (10)

(Nintendo God) < Little Mac >
United States
Would you or do you guys pay for cleaning on every item, and could it effect the grade?

Feb 28, 2012 at 7:36:41 AM
Chrono (23)
(Glamour Vintage) < Meka Chicken >
Korea, Republic of
What do you think about this item in terms of original seal or not? I don't know if this seller is a member, but apologies if he is.

Personally, I think the two side pictures look fishy. I don't like how the seam line waves up and down and the T-section where all three seams connect looks off. Possibly it's sometimes like that, but I don't know. Shouldn't there be folds in the wrap where the H-seam connects?

And the second picture shows the seam coming appart. I have never seen a NES game where the seam breaks like that. It's like the wrap didn't glue properly, but I guess it's possble.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NES-Z...

I am searching for the following SNES manuals:
- Sunset Riders    - TMNT IV: Turtles in Time      - Total Carnage
- Utopia                 - Final Fantasy II
Please PM me if you have one or all of them for sale. While I like nice condition, I am interested in anything 7/10ish up.

Edited: 02/28/2012 at 07:37 AM by Chrono

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:06:42 AM
Addicted (3)
(J. McRae) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
I started clearing out storage as my wife and I just bought a house and came across a sealed Bully Collector's. Is it worth sending to VGA? (I apologize for the bad picture)

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:43:34 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
U.S. Virgin Islands
Originally posted by: NES.God

Would you or do you guys pay for cleaning on every item, and could it effect the grade?

For $3 the cleaning is recommended as it can only help.