Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

(NEW INFO) I tracked down the owner/incorporator/guy who ran Myriad Games Inc (ACTUALLY UPDATED WITH INFO!!!!!) UPDATED!

Nov 24, 2013 at 6:15:57 AM
Xen Tricks (0)

< Cherub >
I joined this forum because I was browsing about old pirate games and multi carts, and I came across the Myriad 6-in-1 cart. The fact that it was made/relabled in Kingwood TX caught my eye because i've lived there my whole life and thought it was neat that something like that came from here. I got to looking more and found out about how it's extremely rare and valuable, so I started researching into what the company was and where it could be. 

There's basically no info at all on the net about it besides the manual with an address that's for a generic office complex. I did end up finding out, though, the company registration info and the man who it was registered under. Turns out it was registered to his home address, one he still lives in 20 years later according to white pages. Moreso, he lives within about a minute drive of me and I think I might have seen him at my work before. 

With the thought that he might still have some of his old product packed away somewhere, how could I go about contacting him and asking about the company and the game in the least awkward way possible?

EDIT: Made this post at the end of the topic but forgot I could edit posts so HERE IT IS:

HEY! I'm sorry for abandoning this years past, I never followed through and I felt guilty about it. I ended up moving a little away so I lost my easy chance, BUT, since I don't really have any skin it in anymore, I thought I would share the info. I realized I didn't really want to try and rip off some guy for a rare NES game, but i'm still really interested in learning more of the story behind it. Hopefully someone here can use the info for good! If this doesn't really get seen i'll make a new topic, but hopefully it does. I made a long reddit post about it that i'll just copy here: https://www.reddit.com/r/gamecoll...

https://www.corporationwiki.com/p...

https://www.corporationwiki.com/T...

I'm not sure if this is cool or counts as doxxing or something but i've been sitting on this for a while and never really ended up doing anything with it.

I did a good period of internet detective work a few years back after learning about Myriad and the fact that it was based out of Kingwood, where I lived most of my life. After a lot of searching I ended up finding this info, along with a few other sites that I can't seem to find anymore.
I used to live about 5 minutes from the guy and I couldn't ever think of a way to contact/meet him without it looking weird. I never bothered looking up a number and I didn't want to just knock on his door and ask him if he made this one weird bootleg NES game that sells for thousands of dollars, so it kind of went by the way side.

If there's anyone interested in getting in touch and maybe finding out more about the story behind one of the rarest games around, have at it.

e: For a little more proof, here's the official Texas Business Tax Form Number page for Myriad Games: https://mycpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa... It matches the filing number on the Corp Wiki, but oddly enough the registered mailing address doesn't match the one in the 6-in-1 manual.

The manual: http://www.digitpress.com/library... has it listed as 1550 Kingwood Dr Suite #174.

I've been by there dozens of times and it's just a generic business park, so maybe it was rented out for a fly-by-night sort of deal, instead of actually being a real physical location for his business. Still not sure why it was the contact listed in the manual, though, especially considering that the (likely boilerplate) warranty info directed you to mail it to the listed address.

Edited: 05/18/2016 at 05:53 AM by Xen Tricks

Nov 24, 2013 at 6:20:16 AM
Remembered Old Buddy (7)
(Formerly Chansey) < Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
Implying he doesn't know the cost of the game, now...

It would be funny and nice enough to go knock on his door and say hello. Hell, maybe if you get to know him a bit, he'll toss you a copy, if he has any left, lmao.

-------------------------

Sly (US) - Spy (US) - Sky (US) - Satoshi (JP)

Nov 24, 2013 at 6:22:33 AM
Xen Tricks (0)

< Cherub >
Half the time with obscure one offs and old things that become revalued later on, the creator seems not to think much of it's existance, so there's a chance he might not. Then again he could, but hey, people can be pretty oblivious. 

Nov 24, 2013 at 6:27:15 AM
BossK (47)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Meka Chicken >
Kentucky
regardless of the outcome, you should follow this up and let is know. cool story

Nov 24, 2013 at 6:54:14 AM
adler_0 (60)
(Jesse Hric) < Meka Chicken >
Oregon
Mail him a letter saying pretty much what you said above. Tell him you wanted to try to contact him the least creepiest way and decided on a letter. Tell him you're interested in old games and noticed that he lives near you. Ask him if he has any old games left that he would sell you. You could include your cell number and wait and see if he calls or texts you. Good luck!

------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for any "display only" N64 boxes.  PM me, $$$.

Nov 24, 2013 at 7:04:01 AM
Phins (68)
(-P Z T-) < Kraid Killer >
Utah
If he has any left over at all I call dibs

We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the Era we live in; we will sometimes have to sell ourselves and services. If the times demand it, we'll be revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists.
And yes, we may all be headed straight to Hell, but what better place for us than this? It is our only home.
Our Heaven, and our Hell.
This, is Outer Heaven.

Nov 24, 2013 at 7:11:36 AM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
PM sent!

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Nov 24, 2013 at 9:20:11 AM
Johnny5alive (2)
< Meka Chicken >
Texas
I live downtown Houston. I've thought about researching this myself. If you knock on his door I want to come with.

NES - 120
N64 - 94
N.A N64 systems. - 7/9
CIB Famicom System & Disk Drive
Daiei Hawks and Jusco 30th Anniversary consoles
Nintower of Power (CIB Radnet N64DD - CIB CD64 - Z64 - Tristar)

Nov 24, 2013 at 9:22:20 AM
Everharm (176)
(Michael Everhart) < El Ripper >
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: adler_0

Mail him a letter saying pretty much what you said above. Tell him you wanted to try to contact him the least creepiest way and decided on a letter. Tell him you're interested in old games and noticed that he lives near you. Ask him if he has any old games left that he would sell you. You could include your cell number and wait and see if he calls or texts you. Good luck!

Do this and invite him to lunch your treat.  Think like a business meeting or interview.  Everybody likes free lunch.

If he agrees make sure you have a list of questions prepared.

Nov 24, 2013 at 9:23:13 AM
Johnny5alive (2)
< Meka Chicken >
Texas
On other hand that kind of sounds stalkerish... I'll just save up my pennies. I'm sure you're not the first person in our area to think of this though. Game Chasers went to the Cheetahmen guys house. I'm sure the Myriad guy has been bothered before too. Good luck.

NES - 120
N64 - 94
N.A N64 systems. - 7/9
CIB Famicom System & Disk Drive
Daiei Hawks and Jusco 30th Anniversary consoles
Nintower of Power (CIB Radnet N64DD - CIB CD64 - Z64 - Tristar)

Nov 24, 2013 at 9:50:08 AM
Slayter (61)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Maryland
I recommend telling him that you want to write an in-depth article about the history of the Myriad 6 in 1. Ask for an interview. It's not creepy and it doesn't seem like you are only talking to him in hopes of getting a free high-value cart.

Nov 24, 2013 at 12:44:27 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
If his number is in the white pages why don't you just call him and ask if he is the owner of Myriad 6 in 1.

Playas Guide Logo

Nov 24, 2013 at 12:50:13 PM
Thunderblaze16 (76)
(Piero ) < King Solomon >
Florida
If you play your cards right, he may not have to call the cops on you.

***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***

Nov 24, 2013 at 12:54:53 PM
VGS_captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Slayter

I recommend telling him that you want to write an in-depth article about the history of the Myriad 6 in 1. Ask for an interview. It's not creepy and it doesn't seem like you are only talking to him in hopes of getting a free high-value cart.
Combine this with the free lunch idea and I think you have a winner!

Nov 24, 2013 at 2:31:57 PM
marvelus10 (46)

( . ) Boobies ( . ) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
Speak to some of the guys on here that have written articles for the E-zine and get an idea of what to ask and or say, then get us a good article for a future E-zine. Don't make it about getting free or cheap copy of Myriad 6 in 1.

Nov 24, 2013 at 2:40:38 PM
ZombieGuyGeezus (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: marvelus10

Speak to some of the guys on here that have written articles for the E-zine and get an idea of what to ask and or say, then get us a good article for a future E-zine. Don't make it about getting free or cheap copy of Myriad 6 in 1.

This.

VideoGameSage.com

Nov 24, 2013 at 3:50:45 PM
giadrosich (3)
(Brynna Giadrosich) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
I've attempted to get in touch with the guy who worked on a Game boy version of Jet Force Gemini. He lives in IL and works for a game company, and I've tried to go through his work place setting up an interview, but nothing ever came of it, even with multiple calls. Sometimes, the interview route doesn't work. But, if he's nice, that might work, especially if you're contacting him directly instead of a snooty secretary.

N64 Collection: Google DOCS 79/300 Loose Cart N64 Collection

Nov 24, 2013 at 3:50:52 PM
marshalldylan1 (0)

< Cherub >
Heh, I actually live right over there near conroe. Not interested in bothering the guy, just find it interesting that a person connected to the history of the NES is just a few towns over.

I think you could approach it right, but just do it like said above, for interview, the story of how it was created.

Nov 24, 2013 at 3:56:56 PM
Phins (68)
(-P Z T-) < Kraid Killer >
Utah
It'd be really funny if he had piles and piles of the Myriad labels unpeeled
I wonder what would happen to the value of the originals in that event?

We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the Era we live in; we will sometimes have to sell ourselves and services. If the times demand it, we'll be revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists.
And yes, we may all be headed straight to Hell, but what better place for us than this? It is our only home.
Our Heaven, and our Hell.
This, is Outer Heaven.

Nov 24, 2013 at 4:14:44 PM
pujolsfan (116)
< King Solomon >
Missouri
I wouldn't focus so much on getting a cart. That probably won't happen. But I'm sure he'd be happy to give you an autograph. If I were you, I'd get some nice reproduction poster or something made up for him to autograph. That would still be pretty cool to have. But if he thinks you're trying to contact him just to get something out of it, then he's not gonna go for it. Just make it seem like you're really interested to meet and talk to him about his past work in gaming.

Nov 25, 2013 at 1:07:30 AM
the tall guy (130)
(Randy the Astonishing) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Absolutely, I'm pretty jealous, it'd be cool as hell to meet that guy.

"Meeting internet dudes is what being a dude on the internet is all about!"  ~OSG 

Nov 25, 2013 at 1:57:55 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

+1   Then please come in here and tell us all about it. Awesome!

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Nov 25, 2013 at 3:33:45 AM
Xen Tricks (0)

< Cherub >
The only problem with any way of approaching him is the fact that I know who he is in the first place, which would be pretty weird i'd imagine. I only found it out through a lot of looking around and checking records and phone books, and I don't know how I could explain that without coming off as a creeper.

Nov 25, 2013 at 5:34:17 AM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Xen Tricks

The only problem with any way of approaching him is the fact that I know who he is in the first place, which would be pretty weird i'd imagine. I only found it out through a lot of looking around and checking records and phone books, and I don't know how I could explain that without coming off as a creeper.
You say that you were doing research, plain and simple.  I've done this before, and a lot of times there are no problems, with people thinking that I am a creeper.

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Nov 25, 2013 at 5:55:24 AM
NESHomebrew (21)
(Brad Bateman - Strange Brew Games) < King Solomon >
Saskatchewan
It's not really creepy if you put it into the context of writing an article or paper or something like that. It is very common when doing research for these types of things.