Texas
hot diggity damn

-------------------------
currently translating Legend of the River King for Famicom

Sep 17, 2012 at 12:42:18 PM
MyNameIsEarl (76)
(Earl ) < Lolo Lord >
United States
This has made my day. Thanks for shareing the footage.

Do good things, good things happen. Do bad things, bad things happen.

Sep 17, 2012 at 2:26:18 PM
TheRedEye (6)
(Frank Cifaldi) < Meka Chicken >
California
Are these from the E3 demos?

Sep 17, 2012 at 2:33:11 PM
BL4CKV4LOR (4)
(Rick M) < Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
Rad - thanks

Sep 17, 2012 at 4:15:08 PM
Octopus (6)
(Tentacles or Gtfo) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
Wow, where did you get these from?

tentacles or gtfo

Sep 17, 2012 at 4:43:08 PM
Minister Mishkin (68)
(Andy R) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Please please cite your source

Sep 17, 2012 at 5:00:12 PM
introless (24)
(random guy) < Eggplant Wizard >
California
Going by no response to the question last time with the Dinosaur Planet videos, I'm assuming he's going silent on that question and probably won't budge

I already said at Assembler, but if there's any way you ever have a chance to get Conker to the public, hit me up. I'm all more than willing to help financially in getting this thing out there, should the day ever come.

Sep 17, 2012 at 5:23:36 PM
takeshi (13)
(Takeshi C) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
I'm still doubtful on him having possession of the carts given the video quality and the immediate cuts in the video, but who knows

currently translating Legend of the River King for Famicom

Sep 17, 2012 at 5:58:00 PM
introless (24)
California
I don't know about IOnEI Falcon personally having them, but maybe he knows someone who does. I originally thought these were VHS tapes but now looking at the quality, it kind of feels more like something from a TV capture card that just doesn't give perfect quality.

Who knows. Anyway, I'd rather keep the dream that someone out there with the protos is sharing stuff and may come forward someday to give us a chance to get this thing preserved

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:21:57 PM
DailyNostalgia (18)
< Kraid Killer >
New York
Dinosaur Palent looked great. I think they should have never tried to make it into a Starfox game :/

And the Conker game.... wow...

Thanks for sharing

Sep 18, 2012 at 9:06:41 PM
Guntz (115)
< Master Higgins >
Canada
The occasional noise in the audio proves they are VHS tapes. I've never had a capture device that behaved like a VCR...

Until proven otherwise, it's safe to say that these are probably old E3 tapes.

Sep 18, 2012 at 11:06:44 PM
DailyNostalgia (18)
< Kraid Killer >
New York
Look at what I saw posted on Facebook awhile ago:

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-...=

http://rareminion.com/twelvetales.html

Edited: 09/18/2012 at 11:09 PM by DailyNostalgia

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:44:28 AM
NiO (3)
(NiO ErZeBeTh) < Meka Chicken >
Mexico
pretty cool!

Hey yo, check this out https://www.facebook.com/deadpool...

Oct 8, 2012 at 12:04:55 AM
Scott84 (11)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Ontario
Originally posted by: introless

I don't know about IOnEI Falcon personally having them, but maybe he knows someone who does. I originally thought these were VHS tapes but now looking at the quality, it kind of feels more like something from a TV capture card that just doesn't give perfect quality.

Who knows. Anyway, I'd rather keep the dream that someone out there with the protos is sharing stuff and may come forward someday to give us a chance to get this thing preserved

Watch the bottom of the screen for the dinosaur planet video... definitely looks like VHS. hopefully the OP will post and confirm where the footage was made

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:12:45 PM
introless (24)
California
I've since realized they are VHS tapes. Especially with Conker, some of the footage in there is the exact same footage you see in other other clips that have been around forever now. So this tape was likely one sent out to press to advertise the game.

Oct 13, 2012 at 8:17:12 PM
Phins (68)
(-P Z T-) < Kraid Killer >
Utah
Who do I have to sell my soul to in order to play Twelve Tales?

We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the Era we live in; we will sometimes have to sell ourselves and services. If the times demand it, we'll be revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists.
And yes, we may all be headed straight to Hell, but what better place for us than this? It is our only home.
Our Heaven, and our Hell.
This, is Outer Heaven.

Oct 13, 2012 at 8:43:37 PM
introless (24)
California
http://www.rare-extreme.com/forum...

If you look here you see that Timberfan guy saying whoever currently has it would be willing part with it for the right price. No idea where he got that from and if it's true, though. Of course, how many people are going to be willing to pay, they'd rather see free ROMs and have other people do all the work/money for them :/

If a gang of a few people could come together with some serious cash and then make a public offer, I'd think it would be possible for the guy to try to get into contact with them and consider their offer. Just to give an idea, I know the owner of rarewarecentral.com(guy who released all those GBA protos) had a public offer of $15,000, which from what I know is like $1,000 short of the original price the current owner paid to get it. Again, this is just info from the net that could have no basis and be all wrong. But anyway, if people offered to add on top of that offer, say to over $20,000 or so, maybe it'd have some effect.

I'm sure all those high numbers scare away most people though and would put them back to just waiting for it to magically appear some day, which shows how bad they really want it. Someone's gonna have to take initiative eventually someday... I'm personally raising funds for the game myself, slow going but if I ever get enough I might see about doing what I said up there, and I'd hope maybe others who do TRULY want it and aren't just looking for a 30 minute play in an emulator before they get bored might consider the same.

And going by the response to the video from most people, I get a feeling not too many think the game looks that fun. i guess I have the bias of having waited for the game as a kid on my side, looks fun to me

Edited: 10/13/2012 at 08:54 PM by introless

Oct 13, 2012 at 10:27:17 PM
MyNameIsEarl (76)
(Earl ) < Lolo Lord >
United States
Originally posted by: introless

http://www.rare-extreme.com/forums/index.php?s=e5b5052c14029...

If you look here you see that Timberfan guy saying whoever currently has it would be willing part with it for the right price. No idea where he got that from and if it's true, though. Of course, how many people are going to be willing to pay, they'd rather see free ROMs and have other people do all the work/money for them :/

If a gang of a few people could come together with some serious cash and then make a public offer, I'd think it would be possible for the guy to try to get into contact with them and consider their offer. Just to give an idea, I know the owner of rarewarecentral.com(guy who released all those GBA protos) had a public offer of $15,000, which from what I know is like $1,000 short of the original price the current owner paid to get it. Again, this is just info from the net that could have no basis and be all wrong. But anyway, if people offered to add on top of that offer, say to over $20,000 or so, maybe it'd have some effect.

I'm sure all those high numbers scare away most people though and would put them back to just waiting for it to magically appear some day, which shows how bad they really want it. Someone's gonna have to take initiative eventually someday... I'm personally raising funds for the game myself, slow going but if I ever get enough I might see about doing what I said up there, and I'd hope maybe others who do TRULY want it and aren't just looking for a 30 minute play in an emulator before they get bored might consider the same.

And going by the response to the video from most people, I get a feeling not too many think the game looks that fun. i guess I have the bias of having waited for the game as a kid on my side, looks fun to me
I've been really wanting to play Twelve Tails for years now, if you ever set up a fundraiser or anything I'd donate to it.

Oct 13, 2012 at 11:10:09 PM
Phins (68)
(-P Z T-) < Kraid Killer >
Utah
Why don't we just start a damn Kickstarter?

We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the Era we live in; we will sometimes have to sell ourselves and services. If the times demand it, we'll be revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists.
And yes, we may all be headed straight to Hell, but what better place for us than this? It is our only home.
Our Heaven, and our Hell.
This, is Outer Heaven.

Oct 13, 2012 at 11:48:34 PM
MyNameIsEarl (76)
(Earl ) < Lolo Lord >
United States
Originally posted by: Phins

Why don't we just start a damn Kickstarter?

X2.

Oct 13, 2012 at 11:53:43 PM
introless (24)
California
Well, we'd really need a concrete offer to be reaching, with the seller being fully aware and in communication with us. So far neither exists. I'm not too sure how to remedy that, either. I remember when that proto first sold and I emailed Assembler about it, best advice he gave was to just put up a WTB thread on his forums and hope the owner sees it.

Would really help if someone with connections would get through to the current owner, but I don't really see that happening. I imagine anyone that did know them would probably only contact them if someone was going around with a specific bounty that was pretty high. Plus if it were a group effort it'd need to look serious, rather than just a couple of people fantasizing. I don't know what to do...

I don't know the specifics of Kickstarter BTW, but if they have a validation process I don't really see something like this meeting their approval. Plus even if there were one, how do you decide who keeps the money and passes it to the seller? I don't really have a name for myself out there, I wouldn't really fit under the position =p

Oct 30, 2012 at 7:18:03 PM
winroba (32)
(Archer Cartridge) < El Ripper >
British Columbia
aaaawesome

WiiU: Archer

I find cool things

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:22:40 PM
Rengozu (54)
(Jeff Smith) < Lolo Lord >
Tennessee
Woah, good stuff. Guess I was one of the few lucky ones who got to play these back at E3 forever ago. Shame they never came out. Best of luck that you guys locate em!