NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Sigs, posts, and general considerations

Sep 14, 2007 at 10:56:57 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
I really don't want to be in a position where I have to interpret what is and isn't offensive to each member, so I'm going to propose that we all do a few things to avoid offending each other, without censoring ourselves too much. I personally can't stand censorship, but at the same time, I want this site to be welcoming to all types of people -- it's a catch-22 of sorts.

Personally, there isn't much that offends me, but I realize I'm the minority. I also know that there are many people who consider all sorts of things as offensive, whether it be talk of sex, drugs, religion, death, politics, etc...

I think there are things we can do to allow people to post what they want and offer some level of consideration to others who do not want to see it a chance to be forewarned. If you're posting something that you think borderlines on offensive, or something that could potentially risk someone's job by viewing, please use the [NSFW] header in the post. This stands for "Not Safe For Work" and will alert the would-be viewer that perhaps they shouldn't open it at work, or at all, if they take offense to such topics. Alternatively, you could put [OFFENSIVE] in the title. If you're easily offended, simply don't read those posts. I like offensive content, but again, some don't.

I'll ask all the moderators to edit the titles of threads they see that may contain content that is potentially offensive with either of those directives.

Signatures: since your signature is seen on every post you've ever made, this would be the one area I'd ask you to keep it relatively clean. Members can avoid offensive posts, but they can't avoid your sig if you post a lot. Again, this is more an issue of consideration.

I'm open for any other ideas here. I really don't want to be a rated G board, but I really don't want it to be non-stop XXX-rated either.

Sep 14, 2007 at 11:53:42 AM
Battymo (100)
(Scrubb'n Nutz) < King Solomon >
Nova Scotia
I deem this topic [OFFENSIVE]. I am highly offended by your correct use of punctuation and spelling. It has no place on the Internet!

-------------------------

Sep 14, 2007 at 12:09:16 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Esp. with me around! I want to see this topic for (sell, sale, sail, cell) soon. LOL

Nicely said though Dain.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Sep 17, 2007 at 2:24:13 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
agreed, sorry for late reply just got back from Virginia for the weekend.