Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

Originally posted by: Dain

Originally posted by: Braveheart69

Originally posted by: Dain

Originally posted by: tbone3969

How long before Dain starts collecting again......

I give him five years.
It's been very tempting, believe me -- a clean slate is very tempting.

Ok my friend, I’ll shoot you a text with the price for you to buy my collection and yes I’ll finally give you my master NES list.   

Buying your collection is all it'll take? I'm in!

He can keep the collectibles. I just want that list!

Exactly!

May 31 at 11:44:45 AM
Foochie776 (240)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Dain did you do the 8 Bit X Mas set?

-------------------------
May the force be with you.

May 31 at 11:09:10 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Pretty sure a Bunny gifted him a copy every year FoochieCoochie!

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Jun 01 at 4:02:58 PM
Foochie776 (240)
Minnesota
Originally posted by: Braveheart69

Pretty sure a Bunny gifted him a copy every year FoochieCoochie!

Fantastic to see you around buddy.

That black box itch is getting at me again. 😉

Jun 03 at 3:41:40 AM
jumpman1229 (62)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Maryland
Originally posted by: romiked2689

I call dibs on Maryland collection because I live here 

Ditto!!

Jun 05 at 12:26:55 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
jhm (0)
< Little Mac >
Originally posted by: Foochie776

I haven't been through all the HBs yet, but I have found the following 8-bit xmas NES so far: 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013

Jun 05 at 1:41:50 PM
Foochie776 (240)
Minnesota
Originally posted by: jhm

Originally posted by: Foochie776

I haven't been through all the HBs yet, but I have found the following 8-bit xmas NES so far: 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013

If/when these become for sale please contact me. I’d be a very interested party in some list them, including 2008.

Jun 05 at 4:19:01 PM
yukfou (107)
(Great Dragon) < King Solomon >
Maryland
Originally posted by: jumpman1229

Ditto!!

There's a MD collection???

My WTB thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jun 05 at 4:37:46 PM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland
Originally posted by: yukfou

Ditto!!

Of course and I got dibs 

Jun 05 at 4:57:26 PM
yukfou (107)
(Great Dragon) < King Solomon >
Maryland

Originally posted by: yukfou

Ditto!!

Of course and I got dibs 

I'll trade you for the complete kyogre GBA sp

My WTB thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jun 06 at 10:28:37 AM
MasonSushi (83)
(Mason 8-Bit_Nes) < King Solomon >
South Carolina
Good for you selling your collection Dain. You deserve every dollar for that collection you worked so many years for.

To the new owner, I am not the biggest fan of trying to title the collection as "Carolina Collection". I live in Columbia,SC and it kinda feels weird and an assumption. Can I call mine the "Carolina Collection" as well because I live in SC? I think doing that splinters the collecting community we are trying to build. We need to lift up large and small, new and old time collectors. Not try to make somebody's collection any more special by giving it an exclusive name. It sounds more like a marketing line to me. I have been actively collecting since 1994 and never would have thought that would have happened.

I am the kind of collector that likes to help out fellow collectors. Its a passion and its in my blood. I love watching a new collector get excited for getting some common games for a system they just started collecting for. I haven't been as active on the forums for a couple years because I have felt that the old attitude of collectors is gone. Its more "How to maximize my collection value, and I will screw over anyone that gets in my way." I hope that mentality fades and we return to the great times on the forum. Also hope that some of the "fly by night" collectors sell off, and the ones with the long time passion for games and collecting them say/ come back.

Good luck, and I look forward to see the next stage of Nintendoage evolution.

Mason

Come visit my youtube channel

MasonSushi YouTube Channel

Jun 06 at 12:15:38 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: MasonSushi

Good for you selling your collection Dain. You deserve every dollar for that collection you worked so many years for.

To the new owner, I am not the biggest fan of trying to title the collection as "Carolina Collection". I live in Columbia,SC and it kinda feels weird and an assumption. Can I call mine the "Carolina Collection" as well because I live in SC? I think doing that splinters the collecting community we are trying to build. We need to lift up large and small, new and old time collectors. Not try to make somebody's collection any more special by giving it an exclusive name. It sounds more like a marketing line to me. I have been actively collecting since 1994 and never would have thought that would have happened.

I am the kind of collector that likes to help out fellow collectors. Its a passion and its in my blood. I love watching a new collector get excited for getting some common games for a system they just started collecting for. I haven't been as active on the forums for a couple years because I have felt that the old attitude of collectors is gone. Its more "How to maximize my collection value, and I will screw over anyone that gets in my way." I hope that mentality fades and we return to the great times on the forum. Also hope that some of the "fly by night" collectors sell off, and the ones with the long time passion for games and collecting them say/ come back.

Mason
Naming of collections is something that comes from comics and coins.   I'm not sure it has any significant application to games or if it will catch on.   Perhaps.   

I can't speak to coins but for comics besides the marketing aspects it was nice because collections that came from a single original owner tended to have condition similarities (some had white paper, or extra high gloss, or arrival codes from a certain local distributor, etc).  

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 06/06/2019 at 12:16 PM by Bronty

Jun 06 at 12:37:28 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Bronty

Naming of collections is something that comes from comics and coins.   I'm not sure it has any significant application to games or if it will catch on.   Perhaps.   

I think it will catch on. Though, I think it needs a better naming convention than "The XYZ Location Collection"

Your art collection, along with Adam's and some others will eventually have to pass on, no? When it's time to donate it (or put it in your own museum, or resell to other collectors) then will it be called "The Hungarian-Canadian Collection"? or something more personal, memorable, and more honorable in your name like "The Dan M------ Art Collection"

Edited: 06/06/2019 at 12:37 PM by PowerPlayers

Jun 06 at 12:39:12 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
Just use Dain's address. Should help it stay unique.

Jun 06 at 12:52:06 PM
JasonLives (2)
(Jason Crosby) < Little Mac >
Pennsylvania

I think it will catch on. Though, I think it needs a better naming convention than "The XYZ Location Collection"

Your art collection, along with Adam's and some others will eventually have to pass on, no? When it's time to donate it (or put it in your own museum, or resell to other collectors) then will it be called "The Hungarian-Canadian Collection"? or something more personal, memorable, and more honorable in your name like "The Dan M------ Art Collection"

The nice thing about comic book pedigrees though is that there are pretty strict standards in place to qualify.  Comic book pedigrees have to be original owner (meaning they were purchased off the newsstand and kept by single owner).  They traditionally have to be mostly high grade.  They have to be complete or near complete runs of the titles being collected during a stretch of time and the overall volume of the collection has to be impressive.  You can't "assemble" a pedigree collection in comics no matter how awesome your collection is.    I'm not sure that there is anything like that in video games though so the standards that WATA is setting has to be more lax otherwise there would be no Pedigree designations.  I'm thinking we might have a better chance of seeing a true Pedigree collection in minty CIBs.  

Keep in mind, in comics CGC will also sometimes note "collections" on the label as well.  This is not considered the same thing as a Pedigree though and is displayed in a different section on the label.  For example, From the Collection of Nic Cage is a prominent "collection" that was noted on the labels.   Not a Pedigree because the books were assembled, not purchased off the newsstands.    So far these video game pedigrees fall in more in line with "From the Collection of" then Pedigree Collections like the Mile Highs. 

ComicLink & CertifiedLink Auctions - Send me a DM if you are interested in consigning to our next auction, coming up in October.  Taking consignments now. 
http://www.comiclink.com

Now Playing: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4) / Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Switch)

Edited: 06/06/2019 at 12:58 PM by JasonLives

Jun 06 at 2:32:34 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

The Buckethead Collection.

Jun 06 at 2:43:11 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
Other

Jun 06 at 2:57:00 PM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
I got dibs on "poor guys" collection.
Speaking of acquiring someone else's stuff, I've got some big news coming in a few weeks.
Jus sayin'.

Jun 06 at 3:08:27 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
"The Nintendoage collection"

www.videogamesage.com...

Jun 06 at 3:28:32 PM
dougmanct (2)

< Tourian Tourist >

Mason

Those days are long gone, at least on NA. This is really a forum for discussion of speculative investing using video games as the investment vehicle. Money and the pursuit of as much money as possible trading in video games is all that really matters here. NA has reached peak Gordon Gekko.

Jun 06 at 3:40:36 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: dougmanct

Mason

Those days are long gone, at least on NA. This is really a forum for discussion of speculative investing using video games as the investment vehicle. Money and the pursuit of as much money as possible trading in video games is all that really matters here. NA has reached peak Gordon Gekko.

That is nonsense. But thanks for playing. While its true people talk about the money side of it quite a bit, there is still plenty of info about actual collecting, variants etc. 

www.videogamesage.com...

Jun 06 at 3:42:42 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
Other
Originally posted by: Admiralnelsondrinker

Speaking of acquiring someone else's stuff, I've got some big news coming in a few weeks.

mang I told you, if I catch you peeping in my windows again we're going to have big problems.

Jun 06 at 3:52:27 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Originally posted by: dougmanct

Mason

That is nonsense. But thanks for playing. While its true people talk about the money side of it quite a bit, there is still plenty of info about actual collecting, variants etc. 

Yup, correct. While we have people arguing ghe extremes are true, it’s really somewhere in the middle, and that’s a good thing. Something for everyone!

Jun 06 at 4:21:51 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
I like that Jeff's favorite part of the "Carolina Collection" is an empty shipping box for a PAL game.

Jun 07 at 6:39:45 AM
MasonSushi (83)
(Mason 8-Bit_Nes) < King Solomon >
South Carolina
Comics and Games are two different mediums with two different collecting communities (yes there are some that do both). I understand that there is an interest in trying to "convert, modernize, streamline" both into one cohesive hobby where collectors bounce between the two mediums. I think the major comic investors and sellers see that much of comic interest is fading and they want a growing new medium to dump their money into. Obviously the high end, graded, or first appearance comics will always hold value, the common junk ends up in the 5 for a $1 bin; where as common (non sports) games can hold a value of a few bucks.

Its just an interesting direction the hobby has taken. Having investors with large sums of money removing games with low print runs from circulation inflates the prices and changes how to approach the hobby of collecting. It reminds me of Magic the Gathering and the investing direction its taken the last 7 or so years. I don't hate those that do it (its capitalism, and everybody deserves the right to make money without being shamed for it), but I just fear that if these large investors (who many don't know anything about the games they are investing in) aggressively invest it has a chance to damage the hobby.

Also I have the "Palmetto Collection". I just want to lock in a collection name early that I like.  

Come visit my youtube channel

MasonSushi YouTube Channel

Edited: 06/07/2019 at 06:40 AM by MasonSushi