Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

We're resurrecting the e-zine! ...but we want your thoughts!

Jun 7, 2011 at 4:49:27 AM
Segertar (125)
(T. F.) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
How about a short article about 'Your best find!' You could have one or two members tell the story about how they found that gem at a yard sale, or on craigslist.

Jun 7, 2011 at 5:06:38 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
I just sent payment out for an unreleased NES game that I hope to get this week. Included in the lot are a number of unreleased NES titles, but one is of particular interest due to its obscurity. I hope to reveal its existence in an ezine article. I have been toying with the idea of doing an ezine article for a long time now, but was struggling to nail down a solid topic. This feels article worthy though, so I'll give it a go.

Jun 7, 2011 at 10:17:36 PM
marvelmite (0)
(eric hollman) < Cherub >
Nebraska
How about interviews with retro web celebs like AVGN, or Pat the NES Punk. Might expand the readership

-------------------------

Jun 7, 2011 at 10:27:13 PM
MasonSushi (83)
(Mason 8-Bit_Nes) < King Solomon >
South Carolina
Originally posted by: Dain

Even good article ideas are welcome. I've been in the situation multiple times where I felt like writing and didn't have a topic in mind.

I would like an article on how to start a Gameboy loose and CIB collection. What would be good prices, and the games to look out for for starters. Ones that are reasonably priced, but should always be in the first few you track down for the collection because of playability.  General Values for common fodder and the like.  Not an article on the "High End" side of the collection.

Come visit my youtube channel

MasonSushi YouTube Channel

Jun 8, 2011 at 12:37:37 AM
Segertar (125)
(T. F.) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
Got another one, Earliest Nintendo Memory. We all have that one moment that got us hooked. Most of us it was when we were kids; christmas or a birthday. We all have stories, and pictures. Let's share them!

Jun 10, 2011 at 9:56:25 PM
Strife (62)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Personally, I'd like the price guide to be separate from the e-zine. That way nobody has to wait for the entire thing to be finished before one or the other can be published.

Jun 17, 2011 at 11:17:20 AM
tanikwish (8)
(Willi C) < Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama
Originally posted by: Strife

Personally, I'd like the price guide to be separate from the e-zine. That way nobody has to wait for the entire thing to be finished before one or the other can be published.

That's a great idea - keeping the price guide separate. It will also be quicker to reference it instead of flipping through the whole zine.

xARSEFACEx had emailed me way back in the day about doing a member interview on me (which was odd at the time, because I was new, didn't have my NES but he wanted something a little different). I can find what I wrote about that. Always happy to give random girl gamer articles. I really miss writing. :-)

Jun 17, 2011 at 12:07:47 PM
SKULLDEATH9000 (161)
(Jay Z ) < Kraid Killer >
Maryland
Two Ideas:

I would be willing to do a write up on random NES game trivia, consisting of 10 questions that you would make you either play the game or cheat to answer some of them. Perhaps prizes could be offered up, that people could donate and ship to the winner?

I would also be willing do set up a game scavenger hunt where users would have to submit photo's to participate. These photo's would cover in game screen shots, game boxes and manuals for unique items they must identify. The winner would be announce monthly in the magazine which would also win a prize for donations submitted by other NA members.

What does everyone think dude,
Skulldeath

<--- Don't be a JIVE TURKEY!
Magfest 2016:  "Even kids are dying to play this game"
Magfest 2016:  "Slip em a 20" 

Campout 2011: "I hate TETRIS I would like to go back in time and punch that Soviet dude right in the FACE"
Chuck Yeager's Fighter Combat - Chuck Yeager "I don't even know you." 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Thread Owner of Enslaved's 5000th POST!

Jun 17, 2011 at 12:12:50 PM
nothingface023 (60)
(Andy C) < Lolo Lord >
Ohio
Originally posted by: SKULLDEATH9000

Two Ideas:

I would be willing to do a write up on random NES game trivia, consisting of 10 questions that you would make you either play the game or cheat to answer some of them. Perhaps prizes could be offered up, that people could donate and ship to the winner?

I would also be willing do set up a game scavenger hunt where users would have to submit photo's to participate. These photo's would cover in game screen shots, game boxes and manuals for unique items they must identify. The winner would be announce monthly in the magazine which would also win a prize for donations submitted by other NA members.

Skulldeath

Sounds good to me, especially the trivia.  I like the kind of quizzes they have on Sporcle, but I think their range is very broad in terms of gaming.  NES-only or even SNES-only trivia would be sweet.

Have any Odd or Rare Variants?  Post 'em here:  http://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo...

Jun 17, 2011 at 1:21:59 PM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: SKULLDEATH9000

Two Ideas:

Skulldeath

Great ideas Skull, I love the sporcle quizzes where they have extreme closeup pictures of characters. Maybe you could incorporate that with your second idea i.e this link only even closer http://www.sporcle.com/games/enough/too_close_to_call

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes

Jun 20, 2011 at 8:48:11 PM
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin (31)
(Kelly Flewin) < Eggplant Wizard >
Manitoba

I have a great idea for a feature!

"As discovered during Campout 2011" - The most crazy, random and out there comments, quotes and incidents you may just have missed at this years Campout!

^_^ Also a nice precursor for next year as it simply hypes the next year.

God knows I got people who keep wondering what bout of randomness I will bring to Funspot each year, so this is just a logical extension of awesomeness in theory.

Edit: ANOTHER IDEA!

NA Story Time! Take some classic Nes game, get some kinda fiction going down! Idea came to me when I was sifting through my archives to update my collection list and came across my old TG WR announcement posts. I know I definitely had fun taking pokes at games like Wizards & Warriors, Tetris and even Zelda II, figure others might too!

Who knows.. might turn into some kinda mini-comic affair too!

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin

_

Facing the priority changes of life... selling off the majority of my gaming collection to raise money to raise a baby in the next year or so. Most of my Nes collection is going to be sold off as well as other consoles. Was I ever expecting this day to come? Hell no. Am I regretting this choice? Nope.

--

[OmnipotentEntity] How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.

--

Check out my first ever DJ Mix!! -  http://i.mixcloud.com/CBkA0o...

Edited: 06/20/2011 at 08:57 PM by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin