Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

1/18 Fire Emblem Nintendo Direct 5 new games announced and shown!!!

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:34:10 PM
AJ_the_gym_leader (6)

(AJ Lewandoski) < Meka Chicken >
Michigan
Link to the direct first, it's not terribly long I'd say it's worth a watch, but I'll describe it for those too busy.

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-...

So I'd say this direct was pretty huge (If you're an FE fan) I don't think anybody could've asked for more. Sorry if I'm long winded there was a lot cover and I tend to ramble.

The first thing shown was Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia for the 3DS. It's based on the second game in the series, but I'm hesitant to say it's a remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden on the Famicom because it's a complete overhaul with new features. Everything that made Gaiden different from Fire Emblem 1 is intact, and they upped the dungeon crawling sections to open 3D exploration. They also announced Amiibo support, and Amiibos of the main characters Alm and Celica at the very end. It'll be out in late May this year.

The next part was a continuation of the Switch reveal for Fire Emblem Warriors. If you're familiar with the Koei/Tecmo Warriors games there wasn't anything revolutionary just the typical hack and slash. The one thing they didn't say at the Switch reveal though was it's going to be a multiplat and be on the 3DS as well. Seems like a bad plan for selling the Switch, but who am I to judge? (I think it's out in September?)

This one was out of left field but they followed that with an announcement for Fire Emblem on the Switch. Not sure why they didn't mention it in the other Switch presentation, but it's slated for a 2018 release with no other information outside of that. I assume it's a game in the main series. My hope is either a sequel to Awakening or the Radiance games if not that then something totally new. Who knows it could even be another Echoes game based on Seisen no Keifu or Thracia 776 after Valentia, but this is Nintendo so who knows?

Last, but probably not least, is the new mobile game for ios and Android Fire Emblem Heroes. Coming out February 2nd it's a brand new game with an original story line and characters. Catering to the mobile platform the boards are much smaller (I think it was 5 tiles by 8 tiles?) As a summoner you assemble a team of characters that come from all throughout Fire Emblem history by using orbs won in battle, or by beating the character on a map. It is "freemium" so if you want to pay real money and buy more orbs you can, but you don't have to. The game actually looks fairly promising it has a lot going for it between story, missions, training, team building etc. so I'm pretty excited to try it out.

With that the presentation comes to a close. I have to say I was impressed everything looked pretty solid Nintendo seems to be going all in with Fire Emblem and I have no problem with that. Anybody else excited? Thoughts on the presentation? Speculation? Conversation? (I'm bored over here)

Edited: 01/19/2017 at 05:44 PM by AJ_the_gym_leader

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:49:10 PM
LutherDestroysTheGond (85)
(Grumble Grumble) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
I'm pretty excited to get Echoes. I thought that they would start announcing translations of the original 6 games in the eshop, but the re-make looks incredible. I'm really stoked for this. Wonder if they'll do a Limited Edition? If they do, hopefully it's in larger quantities.

FE Warriors will be a neat release, a nice mindless hack-n-slash will be nice to enjoy the characters/world without requiring too much brainpower on nights when I'm worn out. I'll probably skip the New 3DS version and just get it on Switch.

I'll probably download Heroes and go into it with an open mind, I don't plan on spending any money on it as I'd prefer normal Nintendo hardware releases. Vote Cordelia! Vote Hector!

-------------------------
WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:01:40 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
I'm down for some new Fire Emblem. I'll probably get the games coming to Switch. No real interest in 3DS at the moment. (need to fix mine) I pre-registered for Heroes on the Google Play Store so I'll have a reminder that it's out. Won't be spending real money on it, but it will be cool to have bite sized Fire Emblem.

Jan 20, 2017 at 5:58:39 AM
erac (0)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama
*Still* no advance wars?

Jan 20, 2017 at 11:53:12 AM
AJ_the_gym_leader (6)

Michigan
https://mynintendonews.com/2017/0...

They just announced two special editions for Valentia in Japan. Hopefully we get at least one of them.

Jan 20, 2017 at 12:02:18 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Excited for all but the mobile game. Who sre they kidding with those tiny maps!? Wheres the strategy in a 4X8 grid, lol. Kind of weird how they are doing different versions for 3ds and new 3ds, also a good thing i guess since they could use a little more of the new 3ds' power!

-------------------------
"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:31:20 PM
AJ_the_gym_leader (6)

Michigan
I just realized I'm gonna be in Japan on my honeymoon the day Shadows of Valentia comes out there. I'm definitely gonna try and snag a complete edition if they don't bring one to the west  

Jan 20, 2017 at 5:19:42 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
I'm a huge FE fan and have played every title released in North America! Echoes is going to be great I have hope! The other titles aren't really really FE games per-say except for the Switch FE which will not be released for over a year or two. I enjoyed Fates a lot, although Awakening was better in many ways. The best Fire Emblem -in my opinion of course, was Path of Radiance. The story was fabulous, the characters were great, it was just a blast! Radiant Dawn was prettier, but the storyline got more convoluted and the cast was too large. Awakening fixed many of the errors in Dawn, and is my second favorite FE game.

Jan 21, 2017 at 5:01:37 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Preorders for Echoes are up!