Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Dream Models UMD/Pocket Pool PSP

Sep 17 at 3:46:43 PM
koko (0)
< Little Mac >
Ontario
Here is my copy, it looks like it has shrink wrap on the outside with what I would guess is a french manual as I'm in Canada. It has the y-seam underneath so it looks like the slapped a french manual in there then put shrink wrap over the whole thing, weird. Here are the pics of the bundle I got from him when I got it, everything was sealed except the pic with silent hill. The atlus games were sealed as well. Looking back now it was pretty nuts but I've given his kids a bunch of stuff over the years so we might be even. Probably one of my most exciting and expensive valued bundles over the years, especially looking back now at how some of the games have gone up.

Edited: 09/17/2019 at 03:56 PM by koko

Sep 21 at 3:30:29 PM
Let's Sing 2016 (0)

< Little Mac >
Originally posted by: koko

Here is my copy, it looks like it has shrink wrap on the outside with what I would guess is a french manual as I'm in Canada. It has the y-seam underneath so it looks like the slapped a french manual in there then put shrink wrap over the whole thing, weird. Here are the pics of the bundle I got from him when I got it, everything was sealed except the pic with silent hill. The atlus games were sealed as well. Looking back now it was pretty nuts but I've given his kids a bunch of stuff over the years so we might be even. Probably one of my most exciting and expensive valued bundles over the years, especially looking back now at how some of the games have gone up.

That bilingual manual is definitely rare, and may be truly special if Pocket Pool wasn't actually distributed or sold in Canada. It seems as though it was, but no copies seem to be available at the moment. For now there's no real monetary value to it, but I'd definitely not trade or sell that sealed bundle lightly. If PSP collecting ever really gets hot there'll be some interest in it.

I also checked the seal on my copy of the Dream Models UMD and it is a legit y-fold, not at all like the messy shrinkwrap. I also checked the Pocket Pool manual itself to see if there were any clues about the link between the two titles, and there certainly is. Section G of the manual states: "High scores will allow you to unlock the hotness- sexy images and videos featuring the gorgeous Dream Models". That confirms the unsourced Wikipedia claim. I'm a very mild PSP collector, but even if I weren't I'd still be amazed that this game not only was made but that it really did receive such a companion UMD release.

Sep 21 at 8:38:33 PM
yukfou (107)
(Great Dragon) < King Solomon >
Maryland

I am jelly of your atlus PSP collection. Very nice! Also a nice little DS collection you have there. What is that shark game and is it any good? And is the neopets game good?

-------------------------
My WTB thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Sep 23 at 8:55:47 AM
koko (0)
< Little Mac >
Ontario
Originally posted by: yukfou

I am jelly of your atlus PSP collection. Very nice! Also a nice little DS collection you have there. What is that shark game and is it any good? And is the neopets game good?
I haven't played either, the shark game is prey the stars I believe. This wasn't my complete collection, just a pickup I made with the psp game in the OP title. It was nice because there were some really hard to find games and almost everything was sealed. Getting those atlus games sealed was good new/bad news because I'd love to play them on real hardware, but I can just load them on my hacked psp and the sealed versions might hold some nice value down the road. I can always trade them later on for an open copy plus something extra. I know this site is usually about Nintendo, but I love all systems.

Edited: 09/23/2019 at 08:57 AM by koko