Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Story Behind the Fake Stadium Events from The Actual Buyer Story Behind the Fake Stadium Events from The Actual Buyer

Mar 17, 2014 at 6:57:17 PM
Danfu22 (24)
(Danny ) < Crack Trooper >
Ohio
I live in Zanesville also and I have looked at our county and city police records online and can tell you Josh has a lot on his records,I will admit he has a lot of driving violations but he has some really bad stuff on there too. He is not the good person he wants everyone to think he is. Zanesville is not a bad place to live.

Mar 17, 2014 at 7:08:51 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
I think these two threads need to be merged.

-------------------------

www.videogamesage.com...

Mar 17, 2014 at 8:04:08 PM
goldendark007 (76)
(Grodacious ) < Meka Chicken >
New York
This dude is all over google. Car parts.. games.. he's made quite a name for himself

Originally posted by: Guntz

I must say though, it's almost movie-like that a repro collector gives his green horns a try at soldering a repro cartridge.
http://teamchris.org

Mar 17, 2014 at 9:09:34 PM
Faltain1 (112)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(~Faltain~ ) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: PolarBear

So you were greedy, and got caught by someone greedier than you.

To-do manuals: Arabian Knights, Gulliver Boy, Dark Law, Brandish 2, Flying Hero
Finished manuals: Neugier, Wonder Project J, Burning Heroes, Star Ocean, FEDA, Monstania, Chaos Seed

Mar 18, 2014 at 12:30:11 AM
Nicotine (11)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Drippy

Wow, the Dino Peak, and now this? There really doesn't seem to be a shortage of asshats running around in this hobby. Though, I'm glad both situations were resolved the right way (Paypal giving the buyers their money back). More power to you if you decide to pursue legal action. On top of the pending action on the fake Dino Peak situation, this should really help in deterring other scumbags from trying to scam with fake / misrepresented games.
that would be me.

i was in contact with the police. they gave me some good info. i updated my thread in the auction spotlight area...

i will exhaust every option to make sure he hangs.

I once had a great collection...Had to sell it :(

Back at it full force.

Mar 18, 2014 at 1:26:47 AM
tkm015 (3)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Dude has a nice little record and that's only in his home county. Click here:

http://www.muskingumcountycourt.o...

In the "Name/Company" search box, type in "Browning, Joshua" (without the quotes).  Leave everything else as-is.

Have fun! A ton of traffic issues, but also some theft, domestic violence, civic complaints, etc.

Oh, and google maps puts his place of residence (from the court cases) in a trailer park.

Edited: 03/18/2014 at 01:30 AM by tkm015

Mar 18, 2014 at 2:11:48 PM
markfothebeast (0)

(Jack K) < Tourian Tourist >
Minnesota
Holy shiznit. The guy must have been driving fast to go rip someone else off. He does have a theft on there too. Let's add some fraud to that record.

Mar 18, 2014 at 3:02:58 PM
rickrollcollector (133)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
He just dug his grave even deeper

Everything what I was told about Communism was a lie and everything about Capitalism was the truth.

Mar 18, 2014 at 5:37:45 PM
The Count (106)
(Grant X.) < Lolo Lord >
Minnesota
Another unfortunate situation, but caveat emptor. I'm certainly not excusing the seller by any means, nor am I shaming the buyer, but at what point will buyers necessitate board/label pics of higher dollar carts? Glad this will likely end up refunded, though.

Mar 18, 2014 at 6:53:51 PM
infectedA (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Hope you get this dude. Regardless of anything, trying to sell something for such a sum of money knowing it's fake... Inexcusable.

NES-  226, SNES- 72, N64 28

Mar 19, 2014 at 3:15:32 PM
MrCrix (5)
< Little Mac >
Ontario
Too much of this going on right now. When you get your money back dont leave it at that. Contact police and bring up an investigation for fraud using the US mail system. Dont screw around. If he can get away with this one in five times thats too many. It ruins the hobby for us all. Please keep on him and make him pay for his crimes.

Mar 19, 2014 at 5:58:01 PM
RESET2019 (35)

(Jered McFerron) < Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Jeeeeze, I guess that's more reason to do a deal in person with someone trusted on NA when it comes time to get a game like Stadium Events. Thanks for the story, and hope you do get your money back!

Mar 19, 2014 at 8:14:55 PM
fmdof (77)
(Robert Brimacombe) < Lolo Lord >
United States
wow. you were going to film you opening the box and then post it on youtube? What an original idea. This hobby's become way more about "look at what I got guys" then actually appreciating the games.

Looking for N64 Boxes/manuals:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Looking for Genesis-Master System Boxes/manuals
http://segaage.com/forum/messagev...

Mar 20, 2014 at 3:12:54 PM
Rock1981 (62)
(Rocky Rittberger) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Why do you care if he has a youtube channel?,Its a cool channel btw.

Want to buy snes games

Edited: 03/20/2014 at 06:43 PM by Rock1981

Mar 21, 2014 at 2:01:44 PM
10bigballer (0)

< Cherub >
Originally posted by: fmdof

wow. you were going to film you opening the box and then post it on youtube? What an original idea. This hobby's become way more about "look at what I got guys" then actually appreciating the games.

fmdof.  This is the 21st centruy.  People post their finds on social media everyday.  How does this means I don't appreciate my games? I belive Nintendo Age has a forums to show off your games and finds, so based off your comment alot of people must not appreciate their games. 

I take my  RPG out of their boxes and play them every week.  

Clint

Edited: 03/21/2014 at 02:02 PM by 10bigballer

Mar 21, 2014 at 2:10:06 PM
10bigballer (0)

< Cherub >
Originally posted by: Rock1981

Why do you care if he has a youtube channel?,Its a cool channel btw.

Thanks Rocky.

Mar 21, 2014 at 2:16:29 PM
PolarBear (8)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(John Williams) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: Faltain1

Originally posted by: PolarBear

So you were greedy, and got caught by someone greedier than you.

Mar 21, 2014 at 2:18:20 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
I think the idea was not so much there is a finds forum here, but that more and more people now enter the hobby just for the cash value of it instead of the games, especially in the last few years. That finds area has been there going way back, back when it was just cool to share what was found, especially large lots and obscure stuff, the cash value was secondary, as it was about the appreciation of the game, display, accessory, etc.

Find videos aren't so much liked anymore I think around here because it has been hand in hand in making more people aware of the cash value end of things and in turn has been a factor in driving up prices and scarcity. Skim the history of the posts here and you'll see a trend towards more people not buying games, selling out, or jumping to non-Nintendo systems as they're fed up with the bs.

Mar 21, 2014 at 2:41:26 PM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
Pretty much. Most of these new guys dont give a shit about the games. Its all about pimping "finds" on a youtube channel and flaunting cash values of things they really have no interest in. Its also hilarious that someone considers a highly publicized ebay auction a "find".

Edited: 03/21/2014 at 02:44 PM by pegboy

Mar 21, 2014 at 3:24:55 PM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
I agree with what Tanooki and pegboy here. So many people are caught up in the monetary value of games rather than the games themselves. I understand there are bad games that are rare, and mainly sought after for collection purposes, but that has blanketed the entire retro gaming community. I, more often than not, hear casuals at the local game store talking about the worth of a game rather than the quality of the game. Again, I'm not talking about rare/valuable games, I'm talking about Mario RPGs, Final Fantasy, Mega Man, and so forth. There's local buy and sell groups ranting and debating about a $5 difference over a $40 game. People feuding with strangers over CL/Kijiji via passive aggressive ads. Not to mention all the YouTube hype and speculation that help drive the market. Just insane how much gaming has taken a back seat to the financials over the last number of years.

Wii U Collection Status: 160/161. Just Dance 2018. 

Mar 21, 2014 at 3:25:44 PM
10bigballer (0)

< Cherub >
Originally posted by: Tanooki

I think the idea was not so much there is a finds forum here, but that more and more people now enter the hobby just for the cash value of it instead of the games, especially in the last few years. That finds area has been there going way back, back when it was just cool to share what was found, especially large lots and obscure stuff, the cash value was secondary, as it was about the appreciation of the game, display, accessory, etc.

Find videos aren't so much liked anymore I think around here because it has been hand in hand in making more people aware of the cash value end of things and in turn has been a factor in driving up prices and scarcity. Skim the history of the posts here and you'll see a trend towards more people not buying games, selling out, or jumping to non-Nintendo systems as they're fed up with the bs.
I can agree with what you are saying but that is part of any Hobby.   This bubble will eventually burst and the true collectors will be happy because our games may go down in value but that not the reason we were buying them in the first place.  Then all the resellers etc, will eventully  have to go find something different to flip besides retro games. 

Edited: 03/21/2014 at 03:26 PM by 10bigballer

Mar 21, 2014 at 3:55:48 PM
bostwuk (30)
(Kyle ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Maine
I'm sorry, but I'm literally dumbfounded every time I read these stories. Yeah, it sucks that people are out there selling fakes, but COME ON, everyone should know better. These are happening more and more often, and I'm sorry, but I can't feel bad for the schmuck who gets hosed over a fake game. People are blindly throwing high amounts of money out there for games, hoping they get the real deal. If a deal on these type of games seems to good to be true, it probably is! Then people come over here and post their sad stories and hope people feel bad for them. It's pretty annoying that this keeps happening.

Yeah, it sucks that this happened to you, and I hope you get your money back, but you walked right into it, as I'm sure you know and have been told. Good luck with everything, though.

My FS/FO Thread!

Mar 21, 2014 at 4:04:17 PM
10bigballer (0)

< Cherub >
Originally posted by: bostwuk

I'm sorry, but I'm literally dumbfounded every time I read these stories. Yeah, it sucks that people are out there selling fakes, but COME ON, everyone should know better. These are happening more and more often, and I'm sorry, but I can't feel bad for the schmuck who gets hosed over a fake game. People are blindly throwing high amounts of money out there for games, hoping they get the real deal. If a deal on these type of games seems to good to be true, it probably is! Then people come over here and post their sad stories and hope people feel bad for them. It's pretty annoying that this keeps happening.

Yeah, it sucks that this happened to you, and I hope you get your money back, but you walked right into it, as I'm sure you know and have been told. Good luck with everything, though.

I did not post my story over hear to have anyone feel sad for me.  I strictly posted my story becasue I wanted to get this guys name out  (if you missed it JOSHUA BROWNING ebay id SOUTHTOWNHERO82)  becasue I hope it makes it harder for him to sale games in the future.  The more people that see what happen and read the mistake I make, will just make it harder the next time he tries to pull this.  I posted this on Facebook, here etc. 

Nobody knows me here and personally having people say "sorry" or "you should have check the board" has no effect on me.   This is Nintendo Age, a huge retro community why not post it here So I can let of people know the guy name ( Joshua Browning Ebay Id Southtownhero82) 

Clint 

Mar 21, 2014 at 4:13:32 PM
buzzdennis (2)

(Vincent Ambrosio) < Tourian Tourist >
United States
Let me get this straight. You went around ebay buyer policies by offering to buy outside of ebay and yet you're still expecting the protections afforded to those who follow the rules? I've got no sympathy for that. PLaying devil's advocate here: Joshua Browning is a pretty common name and with a growing retro collecting community, it's not outside the realm of possibility that the Josh Browning of your facebook communications is different from the Joshua Browning of the ebay listing. Sure you could report this guy for mail fraud, but as of now, every bit of "evidence" you've given is pretty circumstantial and it's highly unlikely that anything will come of it. Do not vilify Joshua Browning for a mistake you made too. Even if Joshua Browning is a dirt bag, it doesn't change the fact that you went outside the system to try and get a good deal. So stop drumming up sympathy and follow the rules next time.

Mar 21, 2014 at 4:32:08 PM
10bigballer (0)

< Cherub >
Originally posted by: buzzdennis

Let me get this straight. You went around ebay buyer policies by offering to buy outside of ebay and yet you're still expecting the protections afforded to those who follow the rules? I've got no sympathy for that. PLaying devil's advocate here: Joshua Browning is a pretty common name and with a growing retro collecting community, it's not outside the realm of possibility that the Josh Browning of your facebook communications is different from the Joshua Browning of the ebay listing. Sure you could report this guy for mail fraud, but as of now, every bit of "evidence" you've given is pretty circumstantial and it's highly unlikely that anything will come of it. Do not vilify Joshua Browning for a mistake you made too. Even if Joshua Browning is a dirt bag, it doesn't change the fact that you went outside the system to try and get a good deal. So stop drumming up sympathy and follow the rules next time.
is ebay the only one that offer protection?  I belive paypal offer buyers protection to?  I can confirm paypal has buyers protection, I recieved a full refund becasue I made him send an invoice and he sent me a fake game. 

I am not saying this to excuse the dumb mistake I made by not taking the necessary steps to verify it was a real copy  before I paid the invoice.    

Edited: 03/21/2014 at 04:33 PM by 10bigballer