Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Zelda Skyward Sword Limited Edition at Walmart Must've been holding off for Black Friday....

Nov 25, 2011 at 10:22:52 AM
smeagolsama (211)
(Bronner's Army) < El Ripper >
Missouri
Yea that was a pretty big shit blizzard. I drove 15 minutes away to the Wal Mart in the stix where its a huge service center in a town of about 2 thousand (this has worked out great in the past as its usually not very busy and they always have black label games even if they are super old). Got pulled over in the parking lot for 15 over and threatened with jail, lol, I looked at him and asked jail for a bit of speeding? Lucky he couldn't detect the sarcasm as I was let go.

Anyway back to the story this will probably be the last time I try to do black friday stuff right at the time. With the whole opening all day and earlier than normal times on the deals like 10 or 12, I think it brought more people out than it normally would have like with the 4 am crap.

They had 4 Zelda LE's and were all crap. Gold flaked off, dent and banged up, didn't even want to mess with them. Got some other games though for a good deal, Sin and Punishment, Bayonetta and Vanquish for 10 apiece, grabbed an Arkhum City with Arkhum Asylum double pack for 28 then I grabbed some of the newer 28 dollar titles.

Drove back to town after that to try and hit up best buy for 3ds bundles and lol no way. The line was about 4 or 5 people thick for something like 1/3 - 1/2 mile long. I've never seen anything like that and I've done several midnight system releases, midnight movie releases for big titles like LOTR, HP, and Star Wars.

Drove to each of the gamestops in town and finally decided to go into one as it looked like it had nobody there. Well they had just let everybody in side. Anyways decided to ride it out as I had nothing better to do, and was feeling chatty so had a good time talking to the SNK fighter geeks in front of me and grabbed a zelda bundle for full price. And thanks to name dropping our own Xtremegamer I managed to buy 2 although one is his, hehe although he'll have trouble getting it from me .

As i'm on a TPB binge right now, I'll describe it as a proverbial shit blizzard that had a bunch of shit snowflakes and shitice.

Nov 25, 2011 at 10:35:28 AM
Frost271 (20)

< Meka Chicken >
United States
Its about as limited as the mario game last year. Always a sucker on ebay and im sure graded copies will pop up on ebay for more suckers!

-------------------------
Looking to buy mint condition, factory sealed nes titles!

Nov 25, 2011 at 12:58:58 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Originally posted by: Enslaved

Originally posted by: Berserk

Do you think the LEs' are really going to be "LIMITED" or no?

With Nintendo's numbers, could they afford not to?  There's a huge demand, and from what I saw, no real number on how much were expected to be produced.  I have a huge feeling we will be seeing another shipment of these fly through.

I agree with Ed on this one. Last year the 25th SMB All Stars was "Limited" until after Christmas, then they released another shipment.
I would put my money on they do the same with Zelda this year...
Hell, if people are going to buy it, might as well sell it...

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Nov 25, 2011 at 1:43:19 PM
T3rra (85)
(Terra ) < King Solomon >
Washington
Originally posted by: Benihana

Originally posted by: Enslaved

Originally posted by: Berserk

Do you think the LEs' are really going to be "LIMITED" or no?

With Nintendo's numbers, could they afford not to?  There's a huge demand, and from what I saw, no real number on how much were expected to be produced.  I have a huge feeling we will be seeing another shipment of these fly through.

I agree with Ed on this one. Last year the 25th SMB All Stars was "Limited" until after Christmas, then they released another shipment.
I would put my money on they do the same with Zelda this year...
Hell, if people are going to buy it, might as well sell it...

I think it's possible they will release another instance as well. The only difference I see is that they had a standard release for the Skyward Sword and not the SMB All Stars.

Even if they do some people will buy the standard because it's cheaper, and others will buy the limited just because of a cheap wiimote.

I guess I can see arguments both ways, so I'm interested to see what they do with it.

EDIT:
And about Wal-mart. I picked up my second LE there on sale. I checked my clock as I was dropped off at the front door: 10:10 (few minutes fast), and on the way out of the parking lot: 10:35. So, considering we parked far away from the door, I'd say we did pretty well.

Edited: 11/25/2011 at 01:44 PM by T3rra

Nov 25, 2011 at 9:04:28 PM
mcat999 (35)
< Kraid Killer >
Florida
Really wish I could've scored an LE bundle there but after waiting in line found out they were out, I showed up at 10:40pm though so i wasnt there before it started or anything. I'll just wait till I come across this in a store or it's restocked online. Im a huge Zelda fan but Skyward Sword doesn't look great enough for me to pay that much (more than 80) for the special version. Also not going to buy it just cause its rare and I want to make cash, it just looks like a fun thing to have.

http://http://www.twitch.tv/jumanjicastle/ - Playing classic games in high quality RGB Scart and Component