NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Dragon Warrior Monsters Remake?

Jun 10, 2018 at 9:37:39 AM
zombi (43)
< El Ripper >
Michigan
Related image

When I was growing up, I really enjoyed playing Dragon Warrior Monsters for the GBC. It was one of the few turn-based RPGs that I've actually enjoyed and every once-and-a-while I get that urgent to return to it and actually complete it; something I never did as a kid.

Upon reading up on this game, I'm a little confused. There seems to be conflicting information out there regarding a remake of this for the DS/3DS. Can anyone shed some light on this? Does a 3D remake exist?

Edited: 06/10/2018 at 09:38 AM by zombi

Jun 10, 2018 at 10:36:56 AM
aguy (32)
< El Ripper >
California
They did remake it years ago as a Japanese exclusive. There is a fan translation you can play if you have a hacked 3ds. It's super cheap to order one. I'd love to play it as well, DQM is still one of my favorite games ever, more than any sequal in the series.

https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Que...

Jun 10, 2018 at 7:55:48 PM
yukfou (107)
(Great Dragon) < King Solomon >
Maryland
What aguy said. There were also several sequels. Dragon warrior monsters 2 was on the GBC. Then they changed the name of the series to dragon quest monsters joker (DQMJ). There are two DQMJ games on the DS that the U.S got. There was a professional version for DQMJ2 that only Japan got, which had tons of more monsters. Japan also got DQMJ3 and DQMJ3 professional version. Neither of these have been localized yet. There were remakes of dragon warrior monsters 1 and 2 for the 3DS, but only Japan got them. They have not been localized, however there is a fan translation patch for the remake of dragon warrior monster 1 on the 3ds. There is no translation yet for the remake of dragon warrior monsters 2. There is an english patch for DQMJ3, but not the professional version.

I beat the dragon warrior monsters 1 remake on my japanese 3ds before the english patch was out. It's totally beatable without knowing Japanese. You might not get the full experience that way, but boy was it still a blast.

-------------------------
My WTB thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jun 11, 2018 at 4:20:14 AM
Phins (68)
(-P Z T-) < Kraid Killer >
Utah
It's a good reason to hack your 3DS but then again any reason is, a hacked 3DS is easy to use and very versatile
It's the newest system to follow in the steps of other emulation/homebrew/modding greats like the original Xbox, PSP and Wii, in terms of the sheer amount of versatility that is afforded and the community that has sprung up around it

-------------------------
We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the Era we live in; we will sometimes have to sell ourselves and services. If the times demand it, we'll be revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists.
And yes, we may all be headed straight to Hell, but what better place for us than this? It is our only home.
Our Heaven, and our Hell.
This, is Outer Heaven.