Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Dragon Quest XI -- Definitive Edition S very good...

Oct 01 at 7:47:01 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
I can not believe how boring Fire Emblem Three Houses is! It's not a bad game, but it's boring. Fights are grinding, whereas fighting should be amazing! So, I'm taking a hiatus although I'm close to finishing the game on one path - and playing a MUCH better game 

Dragon Quest XI 

the definitive edition for the Switch! Holy heck this is fun. If you like Dragon Quest games that is, and I do. It's basically everything that was good about previous Dragon Quest games, in particular DQ VIII, with some enhanced visuals and music. Charming characters, lots of loot, crazy amount of side-quests, an insane amount of new content, this is thus far my favorite game on the Switch. Oh, and almost everything is "on disc" - well, cartridge  
I think you can download a few "extras" but the huge updates are all on the tiny little cartridge. 

Oct 01 at 10:21:53 PM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
Aye

-------------------------
Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

Oct 02 at 2:01:37 AM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
This game is awesome! Haven't been able to put it down!

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Oct 02 at 9:28:48 AM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
I was playing DQ Builder one but broke when Collection of Mana came out to play Trials of Mana. I tend to choose the next game I want to play after I finish the current one. I'm kind of hoping I can hurry through Trials of Mana so that this one will still be on my radar. I fell in love with DQ with 8. It was my first DQ game. This looks epic.

Question, though, if you choose 8-bit mode, can you change it back to 3D mode, or is it kind of like a "light" version of the actual game?

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Oct 02 at 2:50:28 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Originally posted by: rlh

I was playing DQ Builder one but broke when Collection of Mana came out to play Trials of Mana. I tend to choose the next game I want to play after I finish the current one. I'm kind of hoping I can hurry through Trials of Mana so that this one will still be on my radar. I fell in love with DQ with 8. It was my first DQ game. This looks epic.

Question, though, if you choose 8-bit mode, can you change it back to 3D mode, or is it kind of like a "light" version of the actual game?

You can change between the 2 and it carries over all your weapons and items and everything but you will start at sort of a generic story checkpoint which you can choose from. I'd just make sure to save an extra save file in case you were in the middle of something. Haven't messed with 16bit mode too much but it looks great and i will definitely be playing back through the game like that eventually! Such a cool addition!

Oct 02 at 6:45:00 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Originally posted by: rlh

While the 3D and 16-bit modes are basically the same game, I recommend playing through in the mode of your choice. They're different enough that it feels like a separate game, albeit with the same story. Great game. All the main DQ games have been superb. My favorites would be 4,7 and likely add 11. 8 is also amazing. I don't know how many people like 7, I thought it was truly epic and freaking HUGE!!

Oct 02 at 6:46:07 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
7 is dope! I loved the remake too! I still think 5 on DS is my personal favorite though.

Oct 02 at 7:09:28 PM
Ausden (13)
(Jonathan ) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
I'm half way through 7 now. Huge is an understatement...it's my first play through as well. Loving it though and 11 will happen after I finish 8.

Oct 02 at 7:11:35 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Originally posted by: D~Funk

7 is dope! I loved the remake too! I still think 5 on DS is my personal favorite though.

I enjoyed 5, but wasn't crazy about it, although I know many people love it. 5 was definitely better than 6, and at some point I'd like to play the first three games again. Well, I'm not sure how well they've aged...

Oct 03 at 1:41:46 PM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
I am loving DQXI as well. DQVIII is my favorite though.

Oct 03 at 6:42:39 PM
dragonwarrior83 (36)
(Nick R) < Meka Chicken >
Georgia
They are all great. If you like this one try 4 out you can get it on the nintender or the ds.

Got all 4 Dragon Warriors CIB, Thanks Everyone. Now looking for Dragon Quest ( Famicom ) 1, 2, and 3. Also a box and guide for Earthbound.

Oct 03 at 9:49:35 PM
StuOhQ (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
I love Fire Emblem: Three Houses, I already own DQXI on PS4, and I am still enjoying the Switch release  

Retro Tech Select
Check out my YouTube Channel for old-school gaming goodness!

Oct 03 at 9:57:59 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Originally posted by: StuOhQ

I love Fire Emblem: Three Houses, I already own DQXI on PS4, and I am still enjoying the Switch release  

I enjoyed Three Houses as well. Not my favorite Fire Emblem but its the best Switch tactics game unless you're a huge Disgaea fan.