Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

like new power set with its plastics (small update) with pictures

May 08 at 6:04:10 AM
Nes Freak (31)
(Dave ) < Ridley Wrangler >
California
i got this in NC from a game store wile i was over there for a metal detox treatment.  and had it shipped back to me in CA.  it got a bit of battle dammage  on the corner which also dented the power pad box too due to poor packing and rough shipping.  luckly it was pretty minor considering the shipping box was thrashed but i wasnt very happy about it  cause it was nearly perfect in condition other than a missing poster and a few plastics bags.  i repacked it as best i could  to how it would have been from the factory.   as of now i have nearly all the nintendo sets  only one im missing is the challange set    tbh the  complete in box nes sets sould have its own badge if you manage to get them all.

so anyways that my big find for now  

Small update i got an insurance claim started for this since i had it insured for 200 dollars  so i will see how that goes...  also i thought id show you what i have so far.  most are near mint excluding the controll deck.  sad store on that.  i got it perfect condition but i left a plastic pull out drawer  oped like half way and the nes box was sitting below it and forgot about it  a few days later it must have  slowly slid out  and the fell on the boxed nes below  ripping the box...  i shaped it back together with some glue but it will never been the same...  one day i'll replace it.

the top loader,  sports, power, and action set have all their plastics  and paper work.  i found some extras i had laying around to complete the power set.

Edited: 05/10/2019 at 03:59 AM by Nes Freak

May 08 at 10:04:19 AM
TheFinder (47)
< King Solomon >
Illinois
Awesome score! Bummer about the shipping damage, but it still looks great!

-------------------------
To the Finder...
The Isle of Koholint is but an illusion...
Human, monster, sea, sky...
A scene on the lid of a sleeper's eye...
Awake the dreamer, and Koholint will vanish much like a bubble on a needle...
Cast-away, you should know the Truth!

My FS/WTB threads: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

May 08 at 10:13:08 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: Nes Freak

the complete in box nes sets sould have its own badge if you manage to get them all.

Looks really nice!  Which sets do you have?  Just curious which you consider as all of them.  It's hard to nail down with variants and store pack-ins. 

May 08 at 4:08:55 PM
Nes Freak (31)
California
Originally posted by: B.A.

the complete in box nes sets sould have its own badge if you manage to get them all.

Looks really nice!  Which sets do you have?  Just curious which you consider as all of them.  It's hard to nail down with variants and store pack-ins. 

all of them as in action, deluxe, sports, basic, power, challange, and top loader set.

May 08 at 4:33:59 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
Minnesota

all of them as in action, deluxe, sports, basic, power, challange, and top loader set.
That doesn't really clear things up.  There are zapper color variations, red stripe variations, 3 different deluxe sets, sports set that says "new" on the box, like 4 or 5 different basic sets, 3 or more different ways the challenge set was packaged, store pack-ins for the top loader. 

That's what I can think of off of the top of my head, probably missing some. 

May 08 at 4:48:28 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California

That doesn't really clear things up.  There are zapper color variations, red stripe variations, 3 different deluxe sets, sports set that says "new" on the box, like 4 or 5 different basic sets, 3 or more different ways the challenge set was packaged, store pack-ins for the top loader. 

I think he's looking it from a configuration standpoint rather than variants that have minor differences. Such as all the action sets counted as one, rather than differences in Zapper color.

Though I think the pack-in games are enough of a difference to consider them separate.

Deluxe Set
Deluxe Set w/Stack-up
Control Deck (no game)
Control Deck (w/SMB)
Control Deck (w/Player's Guide)
Action Set
Power Set
Sports Set
Challenge Set
Toploader
Toploader (w/pack-ins, I forget what all there were.)

Any others?

May 08 at 7:12:26 PM
Nes Freak (31)
California
Originally posted by: Tulpa

I think he's looking it from a configuration standpoint rather than variants that have minor differences. Such as all the action sets counted as one, rather than differences in Zapper color.

Though I think the pack-in games are enough of a difference to consider them separate.

Deluxe Set
Deluxe Set w/Stack-up
Control Deck (no game)
Control Deck (w/SMB)
Control Deck (w/Player's Guide)
Action Set
Power Set
Sports Set
Challenge Set
Toploader
Toploader (w/pack-ins, I forget what all there were.)

Any others?

well actually i ment  just the 7 sets  no variations.  im aware of the many variants but collectiong them all would be a nightmare lol.  theres a stack up deluxe set?  thats i didnt know even existed lol.  muct be a 4k price tag i bet.

May 09 at 10:25:25 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
Minnesota

well actually i ment  just the 7 sets  no variations.  im aware of the many variants but collectiong them all would be a nightmare lol.  theres a stack up deluxe set?  thats i didnt know even existed lol.  muct be a 4k price tag i bet.

That what collecting is all about, misery!

May 09 at 1:57:22 PM
Nes Freak (31)
California

That what collecting is all about, misery!

well i enjoy it lol.  but theres also space.    you would have to have alot of space for 20 sets lol

May 09 at 2:07:17 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California

We all collect however we like.   To me, the different pack-in games make for a bigger difference than packaging artwork or Zapper colors.

May 10 at 3:14:32 AM
Nes Freak (31)
California
small update. check the top.

Edited: 05/10/2019 at 03:15 AM by Nes Freak