Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

e-Zine: June price guide Accuracy, trends and observations

Jul 2, 2008 at 12:13:12 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
I think this would be more of a factor Roth if these games had commodity values like gold. All purchase prices are subjective to each individual buyer and seller, so there's already a wide variance - much wider than the variance in currency prices. Also countries with highly volatile currencies tend not to produce a lot of Rodlands for sale I don't see the need to get that detailed.

That said, all eBay auctions that show up at the USA site but are listed abroad are automatically converted to $USD. I don't plan to visit european eBay sites to gather data anytime soon. Doing so adds the extra element of sifting out which ones actually ship to the USA, which can also greatly affect their closing price.

-------------------------

Jul 2, 2008 at 2:24:39 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
That's true. I just copy and paste the values that Dan puts in Excel. I don't mind.

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:05:53 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: mb7241

Looks to be significantly more accurate than last month's. And yeah, I'd like the idea of a plus sign when a game rises in value, as well. However, I'm used to blue meaning a rise in value and red meaning a fall :/ ...

And as far as colors, that's always something that bugged me with old CCG price guides. I can their thinking being a fall in price means "red alert, dump this turd" and a rise in price is "everything's cool, pick this up" but I like the temperature analogy a bit better. Maybe it's just me?

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:48:52 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
The + symbol can be put in the excel file as well -- just change the column formatting to include it. This would cut down on those extra keySTROKEs

Jul 2, 2008 at 7:11:25 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Haha, you said stroke in CAPS!!!

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin