Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

We need serious help for the e-zine to continue! This is Serious Business

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:31:50 PM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Alright guys and gals. This is NO JOKE.

We are seriously in trouble for content on the E-Zine

We have gotten a lot of promises but the follow through has just not been there.

I have received one article recently and we are willing to give this one more shot to get it going.

Please post here any ideas you have and articles that you are willing to write. Perhaps if you say it in front of the entire community it will hold you to it!

THe E-Zine is too unique and important to let die.

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:37:25 PM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
I could probably help out. What kind of frequency do you need articles?

-------------------------

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:54:47 PM
milesp1 (23)
(Miles ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
I think there should be an article on how to tell a reseal from a legit one. Because I have no idea and i'm probably not the only one.

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:56:03 PM
Natendo (87)
(The artist formerly known as Nechestriah) < Ridley Wrangler >
Georgia
I agree, I think we'd like to keep it monthly if possible... but I think quarterly might be a bit more reasonable at this point. Anything we can get would be helpful...

I think if we could figure out a few ongoing features in each issue, people would be more inclined to continue helping contribute that would be a huge plus.

I'd really love this to continue... it's really cool to get some deeper insight on certain topics related to the hobby.

youtube.com/user/natebit

WTB: 
Rescue Rangers 2 Manual  •  Fire N Ice Manual  •  Rad Racer 3D Glasses
Also, I'm always hunting for Complete Nintendo Powers and  loose Box/Manuals for NES - PM me if you have any extras!

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:57:25 PM
EZINE (0)

(E Zine User) < Cherub >
United States
Also any questions or messages for the EZine need to be directed to this user as I have too much to keep track of on my user name!

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:59:31 PM
GameBoyScotty (48)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Don Keyballs) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
I am down to do 3D art, or any designs needed. My Adobe/3DSMax/Cinema4D chops are highly proficient and at your disposal for whatever purpose.

Apr 1, 2012 at 9:00:37 PM
Jon Solo (80)
(ジョン ・ソロ) < El Ripper >
Illinois
I would enjoy reading more articles about homebrew games. Or an article on the price increase of games.

Dreamcast US collection - 83% complete. 
 42 games to go! 

Apr 1, 2012 at 9:21:49 PM
shipwrekd (192)
(charlie brown) < Lolo Lord >
Ohio
I would commit to one write up about game hunting in Texas...don't worry have a editor friend to help me clean it up ...just Give a word count and Ill do it

Don't worry about my grammer I have a redneck waiver...
I never find nuttin'

Apr 1, 2012 at 9:43:35 PM
Luigi_Master (29)
(Kevin McConnell) < Kraid Killer >
United States
How about something in line with "Programmers Corner"? Like it would give out instructions in how to write NES games, in addition to giving out "free" opcodes or whatever, similar to those game magazines in the UK and other places, where you typed out the code they gave you and bam, working game.

Or how about "The Truth behind the Glitches", where they pinpoint and explain why exactly certain glitches occur, and tell us that the game thought that something else was going on.

I got some goodies on eBay.  Wanna see more, read the news, etc?  Check below:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:01:39 PM
Shane (146)
(Excellence of Execution) < King Solomon >
United States
Aside from the Playchoice article I sent in I would be happy to write more on obscure games, game reviews and even a special on the Wizard. Just need to hear back on if its needed or not.

True story

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:20:23 PM
gwyndion (322)
(Cookie Monster) < King Solomon >
California
My buddy Sergio, Toshi5o3 here on NA, is willing to help write articles along side me for repro and homebrew games. I've also done several interviews that I can do articles on.

I've submitted stuff already but I think the problem is having other writers for articles. We used to have an ongoing e-zine and then nothing :-P

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:32:22 PM
sixthousand (133)
(Jan Leedy) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Could we maybe focus on a certain game title each issue. With walkthroughs, screen shots, etc etc? Is that something that's plausible?

Current games- Genesis- Shining Force 2- NO promotion All Granseal Toons challenge
                              Snes- Final Fantasy 2- Starting Weapons challenge
                              Nes- Dragon Warrior 3- Solo Hero Challenge
                              Ps1- Final Fantasy VIII- No Draw Challenge
                              Ps2- Final Fantasy X- No Sphere Grid Challenge

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:34:59 PM
thewalrusisal (42)
(Minister Pumpkin) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
I sent someone (don't remember who) back in August a sample article I wrote for what could be a recurring feature. The gist would be comparing licensed games (movies, tv shows) with their parent property. How well the game covers the material, which licensed games are gems, etc.

Didn't hear back and I had forgot about it for a while.

Whoever is in charge can PM me and I can send the sample again - I'd be up for revising/editing as necessary.

NintendoID:  TheWalrus
3DS Friend Code:  3093-8213-0883
PSN: TheWalrusIsAl

I buy and collect the game, but if you guys can give me any insight on the game I like game to game game game game? - Blastocystosis

Apr 1, 2012 at 11:02:33 PM
Natendo (87)
(The artist formerly known as Nechestriah) < Ridley Wrangler >
Georgia
Originally posted by: GameBoyScotty

I am down to do 3D art, or any designs needed. My Adobe/3DSMax/Cinema4D chops are highly proficient and at your disposal for whatever purpose.

I might hit you up for something at some point scotty.... not sure what yet, but I may need some additional help in the future.

youtube.com/user/natebit

WTB: 
Rescue Rangers 2 Manual  •  Fire N Ice Manual  •  Rad Racer 3D Glasses
Also, I'm always hunting for Complete Nintendo Powers and  loose Box/Manuals for NES - PM me if you have any extras!

Apr 1, 2012 at 11:05:34 PM
ClaytonBigsby (26)
(Ryan Whitney) < Kraid Killer >
Ontario
i would love to see an article on what the Game Counsellors from old Nintendo Power issues are up to these days??? with the wonders of the internet we should be able to track some of these folks down

the equivalent to 1000 words or it never happened!!!!!

Apr 1, 2012 at 11:12:29 PM
1upped (40)
(A S) < El Ripper >
United States
I've never seen an article regarding VGA and what some wud consider pros & cons of its service.

Are you clever enough to unravel the mystery of Clu Clu land?

Apr 1, 2012 at 11:49:06 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
If it turns into a quarterly thing, we could probably have a few member spotlights per issue. As long as I have a long enough lead time, I could probably crank out 2 or 3 myself if I get some help with sample questions.

Apr 1, 2012 at 11:50:28 PM
GameBoyScotty (48)
(Don Keyballs) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

If it turns into a quarterly thing, we could probably have a few member spotlights per issue. As long as I have a long enough lead time, I could probably crank out 2 or 3 myself if I get some help with sample questions.

^.....congrats on your Circle!!

Apr 2, 2012 at 12:03:45 AM
NESHomebrew (21)
(Brad Bateman - Strange Brew Games) < King Solomon >
Saskatchewan
I have quite a few ideas, but time is a big one for me. Seems like the list of things to do just keeps piling up.

Apr 2, 2012 at 12:52:16 AM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
Aside from trying to get commitments has anyone considered a set style to the thing? I'm talking in a mock way like a real magazine like the old Fun Club Mag did pre-NP back in the 80s? It was only a few pages long really, but it had a set kind of content and it did deliver it well in a steady pace too.

Perhaps it would be easier to get people lined up if you had more set contributors and content. What I'm thinking can be seen like in issue #3 of the Fun Club mag. Start with a nice cover as usual for page 1. From there have an ad or two put up for fun, or perhaps with a teeny donation or nod from a homebrew maker such as say that upcoming Nomolos game, or existing like Assimilate, somewhere in the PDF. From there, have dedicated sections that can be expected. A pro's corner which has some gaming tips. A few fluff stories that people would find interesting (VGA pro/con thing mentioned above, prices of games getting uglier, whatever.) Perhaps put some in game maps to something on a simple scale like you see if the 1 page drafts up on gamefaqs for like Metroid as an option or Castlevania II which is notoriously bad without one. Highlight a few games whether they're licensed, unlicensed, or homebrew every month with a page write up and a few screen caps. Also with the stuff people do here for those weekly contests, start putting up those scores like NFC and NP mag did for ages. They also did word jumbles and crosswords on a page too. Also as NP mag do polling on gamut of Nintendo games people can hit with radio buttons on the site and then have like a Top10 20...50 whatever and show if it went up/down the ladder per issue as the old magazine did.

If you make it more uniform, interesting, some fun, some fluff, good stories, a few goofy 80s throwback setups like the tips, scores, polling, and other junk like an interview or editorial piece I think more would be inclined to both read it, and contribute to it. The old NFC mag if you remove all the full page ads and the partials probably amounted to like 10-15 pages, and the first two were 1/2 that size so I think it could work. I just figured I'd put it out there is all.

Apr 2, 2012 at 12:59:20 AM
ookii_risu (66)
(Tonya B) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: milesp1

I think there should be an article on how to tell a reseal from a legit one. Because I have no idea and i'm probably not the only one.

This has been covered in previous e-zines for NES, but there is definitely more to write on this topic.
I'd like to see an article on VGA as well. 

Edit: Great suggestions, Tanooki! I don't feel comfortable writing a full article, but I could probably contribute to some of the gamer's tips or other small items if implemented. 

Edited: 04/02/2012 at 01:04 AM by ookii_risu

Apr 2, 2012 at 5:10:46 AM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
I'd be interesteed in a section dedicated to game reviews every issue

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:27:55 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: ookii_risu

Originally posted by: milesp1

This has been covered in previous e-zines for NES, but there is definitely more to write on this topic.
I'd like to see an article on VGA as well.

Yeah, I see this remark made a lot.  Where someone ask for something and they mention an article in an eZine 3 years ago.  We have gotten so many new members since then, that a brand new article would be definitely be useful IMO.  Sure there could be a lot of redundancy with the old one, but I'd also like to think that collectors are a bit more wiser now than back then.  Hopefully there's a few more tips that could be provided.

Also, I'd suggest maybe a one page "News" sheet.  For example, this month, the VGA slabbing of the first NWC Gold could be discussed, as well as that DK Math auction that ended yesterday.  A year from now, people will still remember these moments and it would be great to capture them as they are happening.

I wish I could write more but I still have another 2 years of grad school left and simply don't have any time.  I won't be able to do another eZine article anytime soon unfortunately.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Apr 2, 2012 at 9:39:25 AM
sapphira07 (4)
(Craig Patterson) < Crack Trooper >
Georgia
I might be able to lend a hand. Got a lot on my plate, but a bit of spare time...

Apr 2, 2012 at 11:27:23 AM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
I would gladly do an article on some pirated / unlicensed games, now and then, but I can only write articles when I "find" interesting things to write about. At the moment I have some material, however, and have the gears turning in my head so I will probably unearth some more interesting stuff later as well.

I also think that if we are struggling to find materials, perhaps it is best to do a bimonthly magazine. A few friends of mine started and run an online cultural magazine for a small town near where I come from, and they run their magazine quarterly. I do not like this format so much, as it the wait time for a new magazine seems like it is forever, and by then, people who may be interested in checking out the first magazine forget about it by the time the next issue comes around. I think bimonthly would help prevent this.

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...