Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Sealed dragon warrior 3

Sep 10 at 3:02:09 PM
Khromak (16)

(Sean Dumont) < Crack Trooper >
New York
I'm thinking of putting out a bounty on a sealed dw3, but the sales are so infrequent that it's very difficult to gauge what a good offer would be. They sell at best once a year and prices range a lot from looking at pc, gvn, ebay.

Obviously condition and whether it's graded affect price, but where would you start? 500+ depending on condition? Open to all opinions if you've hunted something similarly rare

Sep 10 at 3:16:22 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: Khromak

I'm thinking of putting out a bounty on a sealed dw3, but the sales are so infrequent that it's very difficult to gauge what a good offer would be. They sell at best once a year and prices range a lot from looking at pc, gvn, ebay. Obviously condition and whether it's graded affect price, but where would you start? 500+ depending on condition? Open to all opinions if you've hunted something similarly rare

What is the most you are willing to pay for one and go from there. If you are happy with a low grade copy for the shelf that may speed things up a bit. If you are looking for a 9.6 A++ copy. Better have deep pockets.

Sep 10 at 3:58:42 PM
Khromak (16)

New York
Hmm that's a good point, I can always negotiate based on condition when and if one pops up.

Sep 14 at 12:34:39 AM
Filter81 (1)

< Tourian Tourist >
I've been looking for a nice sealed DW3 myself. I think right now they are $2000 if you don't care too much about condition, more for a higher grade one. The bigger problem is finding one.

Sep 14 at 11:43:00 AM
dragonwarrior83 (36)
(Nick R) < Meka Chicken >
Georgia
I have yet to see a sealed dragon warrior 3 for sale any time recently on here. I usually look for the for sale if it might remotely have dragon warrior stuff for sale. I would guess 1300 for a sealed one with rounded color and fading and for nice pristine copy 2500 or more. I've been looking for q really good sealed copy of DW4 going on 2 years now and no dice.

-------------------------
Got all 4 Dragon Warriors CIB, Thanks Everyone. Now looking for Dragon Quest ( Famicom ) 1, 2, and 3. Also a box and guide for Earthbound.

Sep 15 at 9:56:20 PM
Khromak (16)

New York
Dayum! Looks like I've got some competition and possibly more importantly that the price could be higher than I'd thought. It's definitely hard to tell when they are so rare. Have there been sales on here for that amount, something on ebay which wasn't caught by GVN or PC, or other auctions like HA? Where are you seeing these prices? Or just the history + a premium for rarity?

Sep 16 at 1:38:53 AM
Filter81 (1)

< Tourian Tourist >
I ended up getting my DW3 recently (roughly a 7.0) by trading a game that a similar copy had recently sold in Heritage Auctions for $3000, but both the previous owner and I were valuing each game a bit below the $3k Heritage sale. PM me if you're interested in the price I paid on my DW 2 WATA 7.0. I'm still holding out hope of getting a fair deal on an upgrade on that one someday.

There aren't any recent sales to go by that I know of. I just know how much it cost me before someone that had a copy was willing to start talking about parting with one. Plus a little bit of a guess based on what DW 1 and DW 4 prices have been selling for lately, which both appear to be a lot easier to find.

Based on GVN it wouldn't surprise me if someone puts one up on eBay as a $500-$1000 BIN someday, but my guess is if something like that hits eBay it will sell very fast. I'm no expert though, I'm still relatively new. I do know DW3 was really tough for me to find. And convincing someone to part with one was even tougher. (I don't know how many other people actually care about the game but I was obsessed with it as a kid, it was the first RPG I had ever played if you don't count Zelda)

Good luck in your search. I'm only competition if you are looking at really high grade, since I'm happy with my copies until/unless I can upgrade to high grade copies someday.

Edited: 09/16/2019 at 01:41 AM by Filter81

Sep 16 at 9:42:25 AM
Khromak (16)

New York
Cool well thanks for all the info, I'll keep my offer up and see what happens. Maybe as a tax return gift to myself I'll bump up my offer to see if anything resurfaces

Sep 18 at 8:15:02 PM
Deal Donkey (103)
(Lady Bug) < Meka Chicken >
United States

-------------------------
Follow me on Twitter to see underpriced video games

or PM your want list