Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NTSC NES system set data collection

Jul 2, 2008 at 9:29:43 AM
Xevious (12)
(John Olaisen) < Meka Chicken >
Norway
PAL-B SCN/Bergsala 1st? release:

Control Deck w/Ice Climber
The box has an Ice Climber sticker and a Sweden-Norway-Denmark-Finland sticker, flaps: no code, no SoQ, no Imported By Bergsala mark, backside of box is all grey/silver.

Box: http://img.photobucket.com/albums...
Ice Climber sticker: http://img.photobucket.com/albums...
Swe-Nor-Den-Fin sticker: http://img.photobucket.com/albums...
Flaps: http://img.photobucket.com/albums...

-------------------------

One by one the penguins steal my sanity...

Jul 3, 2008 at 10:57:27 AM
Xevious (12)
(John Olaisen) < Meka Chicken >
Norway
PAL-B SCN/Bergsala release:

Control Deck w/Super Mario Bros: http://img.photobucket.com/albums...

The box has a Super Mario Bros sticker (with SCN printed on): http://img.photobucket.com/albums...
and Sweden-Norway-Denmark-Finland-Iceland printed on the front of the box: http://img.photobucket.com/albums...
Flaps has this code: NES-S-CD-EEC-1: http://img.photobucket.com/albums...
Oval SoQ

One by one the penguins steal my sanity...

Jul 3, 2009 at 4:42:51 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
Split the PAL systems off into another thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

All the picts from photobucket don't look like they work anymore, can they be posted again in the other thread?

Aug 15, 2011 at 5:49:07 PM
Ouendan (1)
(Go play Gun Nac right now!!) < Lolo Lord >
California
Has anyone figured out when the Action Set w/ Orange gun was first released in the US? I googled for it, and this thread popped up. I can't find anymore info on this anywhere.

Aug 15, 2011 at 7:15:04 PM
ThatNintendoGuy (47)
(Jason B) < El Ripper >
Michigan
Originally posted by: NES_Bro

Has anyone figured out when the Action Set w/ Orange gun was first released in the US? I googled for it, and this thread popped up. I can't find anymore info on this anywhere.

This would had been much easier if Nintendo would had time stamped there parts like Sega did. I believe they did the swap in 89" I checked the Action set box with the Orange Zapper it's Copyright Dates are 1987,1989 and then the Grey Set box is just 1988 weird right, but it's safe to assume they rolled out that year 1989.

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:23:48 AM
marvelus10 (46)

( . ) Boobies ( . ) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
There is the sports set that came with Golf and RC Pro AM, ill get you a pick later I have to dig it out.

Apr 22, 2012 at 11:25:35 PM
ClassicTVMan1981X (0)

(Benjamin Edge) < Tourian Tourist >
Oregon
I want to point out that November 1988 is not the correct release date for the Action Set (the one with the 2-in-1 cartridge featuring Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt, and the Zapper Light Gun for use with the latter title). Already I'm searching Google News archives, and I am indeed finding newspapers with mention of the Nintendo Action Set prior to November 1988.

Here is one of these 1988 newspaper articles mentioning the "NES Action Set" with the double cartridge, and it's dated May 26th.
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=5DpOAAAAIBAJ&sjid=y...

Another one of these 1988 newspaper articles mentioning the Action Set is dated September 8th:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=yM9RAAAAIBAJ&sjid=8...

Like I earlier said, I remember getting mine from the defunct Best Stores (formerly Jafco) in March/April 1988. Thus, I'd like to think the 1st version of the NES Action Set (before the change of Zapper gun color from two-tone grey to red and grey) came out in February 1988.

Another way to find out the original release date is to determine the exact wording on the seal. If the text of the seal has the words "This seal is your assurance that Nintendo has approved and guaranteed the quality of this product" then it is from the January-October 1988 timeframe.

But if it has the version of the seal in which the words "approved and guaranteed" are replaced by "evaluated and approved" then it is from November 1988-April 1989.

~Ben

Edited: 04/23/2012 at 01:27 AM by ClassicTVMan1981X

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:58:20 AM
MillerSI81 (0)
(Miller Dimitro) < Tourian Tourist >
New Jersey
First you have them in wrong order and the first control deck you put up is a later model very first control deck just system and controllers no mario gme no pkayers guide and no seal whatsoever

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:15:10 AM
retjoegamer (1)
(joe retro) < Little Mac >
New York
The deluxe set comes with duckhunt and gyromite in their boxes?
I assume they are hang tab boxes?

Jun 5, 2013 at 8:28:36 PM
RESET2019 (35)

(Jered McFerron) < Lolo Lord >
Arizona
You're missing the Deluxe Set with the Stack Up sticker. Here's a link to a terrible copy:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.co...

Jun 6, 2013 at 8:08:45 AM
retjoegamer (1)
(joe retro) < Little Mac >
New York
wow I never even heard of that one (deluxe with stack up sticker)
do you own one?

Jul 13, 2013 at 12:34:10 PM
MillerSI81 (0)
New Jersey
satelite set? with satelite 4 controlers rf ac and console plus basic set in early 90s

Jul 13, 2013 at 12:56:20 PM
Ray Bot (82)
(Ray Bot) < Lolo Lord >
Louisiana
Originally posted by: retjoegamer

wow I never even heard of that one (deluxe with stack up sticker)
do you own one?

i have one. the top styrofoam piece has a rectangle cut out of it for the Stack Up box to fit in.

Super Nintendo Sega Genesis, when i was dead broke man i couldn't picture this.

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:02:59 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
Originally posted by: MillerSI_

satelite set? with satelite 4 controlers rf ac and console plus basic set in early 90s
Is that different from the Sports Set?

Originally posted by: Ray Bot

i have one. the top styrofoam piece has a rectangle cut out of it for the Stack Up box to fit in.
Can you take a bigger pict and check the box for any other changes?

Oct 9, 2013 at 6:03:39 PM
MillerSI81 (0)
New Jersey
first contral deck is 88-89 after seal change 2-3 are 87 boxes while red stripes are 90 and up action set grey is late 87,early 88 grey power set late 88 early 89 the orange sets are 89 only has red stripes came in 90 pre deluxe was 85 & early 86 only by late 86 was deluxe sets with pic 87 the deluxe set was out the same time as control decks i can tell which system gos to each box just by vin # on system 0000001-50000pre deluxe (accordingly what howard of nintendo america said from g4 icons) 50000-2500000 are deluxe sets 2500000-4500000 are control decks some are mied with 2nd deluxe sets 4500000 and up are action power and all others

Apr 25, 2016 at 6:16:02 AM
MillerSI81 (0)
New Jersey
Originally posted by: bunnyboy

Trying to find out more info that will eventually be in the database, this time for what is included in system box set with variants.  Would be good to know what paperwork and sub boxes comes in each. 

PAL systems can be found in this thread:  http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&...

Control Deck (black box)

• console
  • ac adapter
  • rf adapter
  • 2 controllers

Control Deck (red stripe)
  • console
  • ac adapter
  • rf adapter
  • 2 controllers

Control Deck (guide)
  • console
  • ac adapter
  • rf adapter
  • 2 controllers
  • The Official Nintendo Player's Guide

Control Deck (SMB)
  • console
  • ac adapter
  • rf adapter
  • 2 controllers
  • Super Mario Bros (in box?)

Control Deck (top loader)
  • top loader console
  • ac adapter
  • rf adapter
  • 1 dogbone controller

Action Set (black)
  • console
  • ac adapter
  • rf adapter
  • 2 controllers
  • Gray Zapper
  • Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt

Action Set (orange)
  • console
  • ac adapter
  • rf adapter
  • 2 controllers
  • Orange Zapper
  • Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt

Action Set (red stripe)
  • console
  • ac adapter
  • rf adapter
  • 2 controllers
  • Orange Zapper
  • Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt

Deluxe Set (photo)
  • console
  • ac adapter
  • rf adapter
  • 2 controllers
  • Zapper
  • ROB
  • Gyros
  • Duck Hunt in box
  • Gyromite in box

Deluxe Set (no photo)
  • console
  • ac adapter
  • rf adapter
  • 2 controllers
  • Zapper
  • ROB
  • Gyros
  • Duck Hunt in box
  • Gyromite in box

Challenge Set
  • console
  • ac adapter
  • rf adapter
  • 2 controllers
  • Super Mario Bros 3 in box

Challenge Set (walmart)
  • console
  • ac adapter
  • rf adapter
  • 2 controllers
  • Super Mario Bros 3 in box
  • Super Mario Bros 3 Strategy Guide
  • Dr Mario (in box?)

Power Set (gray)
  • console
  • ac adapter
  • rf adapter
  • 2 controllers
  • Gray Zapper
  • PowerPad in box
  • Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt / World Class Track Meet

Power Set (orange)
  • console
  • ac adapter
  • rf adapter
  • 2 controllers
  • Orange Zapper
  • PowerPad in box
  • Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt / World Class Track Meet

Sports Set
  • console
  • ac adapter
  • rf adapter
  • 4 controllers
  • Satellite
  • Superspike Vball / World Cup

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:11:06 PM
xjwebb1982 (38)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio

Not seeing this Challenge Set among the variations in this thread. Only noticeable difference from the other three identified in this thread is the box with text to the left of the Nintendo. Text says "The complete system for the first time game player". Original sale sticker is Kmart (top right) so assume it is still a North American release. Anyone have info? 

Edited: 02/11/2017 at 04:54 PM by xjwebb1982

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:02:12 AM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
^ is that a sticker or is it printed-on?

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:39:07 AM
xjwebb1982 (38)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Originally posted by: barrelsAndRivets

^ is that a sticker or is it printed-on?
Good question. Not sure since I don't have it in my possession yet. I suppose it could be a sticker and it's hard to tell from the pic, but the colors match the "Includes Super Mario Bros 3 Game Pak" text that's on the box to the right which is definitely printed on the box. Plus they both have the text overlay and one color overtop of another background color that kind of makes up the graphic. Will have to wait and see when it arrives. Figured someone would have run across one before and may have info so curious what may be learned about it.

Feb 11, 2017 at 4:54:19 PM
xjwebb1982 (38)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Originally posted by: xjwebb1982

Not seeing this Challenge Set among the variations in this thread. Only noticeable difference from the other three identified in this thread is the box with text to the left of the Nintendo. Text says "The complete system for the first time game player". Original sale sticker is Kmart (top right) so assume it is still a North American release. Anyone have info? 

I finally got home to open the package and see if the text mentioned above was printed or a sticker, and it is a sticker. Haven't seen many with this sticker but since there is a Kmart price sticker on the box as well I wonder if it may be a Kmart exclusive? Wish it had been printed on the box so it would be considered a variant but still a little unique nonetheless and happy to have it. Anyone have any additional info on this?

Mar 07 at 3:21:56 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: MillerSI81

first contral deck is 88-89 after seal change 2-3 are 87 boxes while red stripes are 90 and up action set grey is late 87,early 88 grey power set late 88 early 89 the orange sets are 89 only has red stripes came in 90 pre deluxe was 85 & early 86 only by late 86 was deluxe sets with pic 87 the deluxe set was out the same time as control decks i can tell which system gos to each box just by vin # on system 0000001-50000pre deluxe (accordingly what howard of nintendo america said from g4 icons) 50000-2500000 are deluxe sets 2500000-4500000 are control decks some are mied with 2nd deluxe sets 4500000 and up are action power and all others
I feel like there could be excellent info in this post if I could understand it better. 

I think what we are saying is that the reason the first deluxe sets don't say "deluxe set" is because that was the original 85/early 86 console offering.   Since there WAS no other set, you wouldn't need to call it a deluxe set.

After that, they start to want to differentiate because they are going to be selling "control decks" and "deluxe sets" - ie more than one option.

So they run off 2.5m "deluxe sets" that are named as such, and then start selling "control decks" alongside the "deluxe sets."

Other models come later.

I.e. the original model system is the ROB box with no photo.   

And the control deck with SMB pack in comes next.    Quickly they move to Action sets with SMB/DH pack in and control decks with no pack in.

Is that what I'm hearing?

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 03/07/2019 at 03:34 PM by Bronty

Mar 07 at 3:26:26 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Furthermore, it would seem to me that the control deck variations were released in this order. I might have 2 and 3 three reversed, possibly. Anyone know?

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 03/07/2019 at 03:27 PM by Bronty

Jul 01 at 8:22:57 PM
indy1936 (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Alabama
Originally posted by: Bronty

Furthermore, it would seem to me that the control deck variations were released in this order. I might have 2 and 3 three reversed, possibly. Anyone know?

You have the second and third sets swapped. The control deck with the Players guide is 1987 and the control deck with the new oval seal is 1988.