NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Small Scores Thread / Mail Day Arrivals

LOCKED TOPIC

Jun 21, 2016 at 10:06:43 PM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta
Hit some game stores today with a box of trade items and came back with this. I traded bottom-of-the-barrel stuff for this and still have $87 in store credit left over (from $228). The DS games, Boulder Dash, and Mech Platoon are for the collection, the others are for resale. Everything is CIB, and Catwoman is sealed but not great condition, it was only $12 though.

-------------------------
https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Jun 21, 2016 at 10:32:03 PM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri
Nothing crazy, but a couple decent goodwill finds for $3 a piece. Apparently people haven't been doing their homework as the Master's one had been sitting there for almost 2 weeks  .

Let's Go Penguins!

Jun 21, 2016 at 10:50:21 PM
AaronE (52)
(Aaron E) < El Ripper >
Indiana
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Originally posted by: Mega Tank

Nice NES stack! Did you purchase them together? I have been wanting a spare one to tinker with. You know, test different things on them etc.  

Yeah all together.  I think I am going to clean them all, do a couple of the blinking light wins, and maybe a copy NES if I can get my hands on it.  If any of them are un repairable, I have some REALLY cool ideas.

You should look into retrobrighting as well. If you pop in chat I can help answer questions on that if you have any.

Jun 21, 2016 at 11:06:01 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: AaronE

Originally posted by: Mega Tank

Nice NES stack! Did you purchase them together? I have been wanting a spare one to tinker with. You know, test different things on them etc.  

Yeah all together.  I think I am going to clean them all, do a couple of the blinking light wins, and maybe a copy NES if I can get my hands on it.  If any of them are un repairable, I have some REALLY cool ideas.

You should look into retrobrighting as well. If you pop in chat I can help answer questions on that if you have any.

Yeah for sure I will, thank you for the offer    I might need your help anyways, I think 1 or 2 need a new voltage regulator. 

Edited: 06/21/2016 at 11:07 PM by MrWunderful

Jun 22, 2016 at 10:33:22 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
Getting around to looking at a random PS1 console I picked up at a Savers, I notice it came with the Interactive Demo Vol 7 CD that has the demos of Einhander and Tomba. That's probably the closest I'll get to picking up either game in the wild.  

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Jun 23, 2016 at 9:37:45 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
More Neo Geo goodness!  

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Jun 23, 2016 at 10:29:21 PM
nintendo9649 (11)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California
Originally posted by: teh lurv

Getting around to looking at a random PS1 console I picked up at a Savers, I notice it came with the Interactive Demo Vol 7 CD that has the demos of Einhander and Tomba. That's probably the closest I'll get to picking up either game in the wild.  

nice find,  ive always wanted to find a ps1 at a thrift store

Jun 24, 2016 at 5:35:24 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
My local Savers must've had a big restocking day yesterday; there was a big pile of random bagged electronics unceremoniously dumped into a wireframe bin. I dug in and pulled out a slim PS2 and an XBox 360 slim power brick/ac cord. I was short an AC cord for my 360s so that was just what I needed to find. I paid about $20 for both plus some 2600 games and went on my merry way.

So a little while later I stopped at the local supermarket strip mall with a Gamestop nearby. I thought to myself "Hey let me walk over and trade in this power brick I don't need."

I walk in and offer up the power brick. I was expecting a couple of dollars at the most.

Clerk: "So minus the $4 refurb fee because its missing the AC cord, you're trade in credit is $34.80."

Me: /spit take "You sure that's right?"

Clerk: "Yep, I checked it again. You're getting $34.80 back."

That was (and still does) sound way too high. But hey, if Gamestop wants to throw money at me, I'll take it. I made my money back, plus $15 which went to a Steam GC for the Summer Sale. Thanks Gamestop!  

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Jun 25, 2016 at 12:36:43 PM
USFLegend (63)
(Adam ) < Kraid Killer >
Florida
So this week I bought a couple really cool things online.

-Zelda World Of Nintendo NYC Exlucisve shirt and Art Cell (283 of 1000)
-Zelda Breath Of The Wild E3 Shirt
-Zelda Breath Of The Wild E3 Crew Shirt (not available to public)
-Zelda Breath Of The Wild E3 Coin
-Zelda Breath Of The Wild E3 Lanyard

Best part is two of the sellers gave me bonus items for free! I got a dishonored E3 Keychain that has two potions that light up. I also got a random game company pin and some Elderscrolls playing cards.

Jun 29, 2016 at 12:11:23 AM
AppleTractorBeam (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Illinois
Boy do I have a story for you all.

I went into Disc Replay this morning and they had a crapton of NES games. Only problem though, most of the games had sharpie on them. I don't like buying games with sharpie on them, but luckily there was a sharpie-less copy of Mega Man 3. There were some yellow blotches on it, but I don't see a whole lot of Mega Man 3's go for $20 online so I picked it up.

After posting about it in group chat though, one of my friends who had been looking for Mega Man 3 for a while said he felt bad about it. I went back there because I wanted to return a 3-button Sega Genesis controller I bought because the buttons were pretty tight(it was $5) and I had about $37 credit from that and previous purchases. There was a much better condition Mega Man 3 there, so I bought that one and some other stuff. I'm going to sell the first one I bought to my friend(not on my FS/FT list, sorry!)

So yeah, here's everything I bought from Disc Replay today except for the controller. Pretty good prices for everything, both Mega Man 3's for $20, Super Ghouls and Ghosts for $15(I don't see it go lower than $21) and Dr. Mario, which I also already have, but the one I had had sharpie on it so I'm selling that one to one of my friends. I also bought The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past from eBay on Sunday. Overall nice hauls.

Edited: 06/29/2016 at 12:21 AM by AppleTractorBeam

Jul 1, 2016 at 7:33:58 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Some items showed today, some i got this past week & some i did in trade!   happy to have a copy of Captain Commando again!And i havnt had a Neo Geo Pocket since high school so its pretty neat to have 1 again!  

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Edited: 07/01/2016 at 07:39 PM by D~Funk

Jul 2, 2016 at 8:35:17 PM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri
Some good ps2 finds today. Went to a game store and most of their stuff was overpriced. Found a couple hidden gems and they were having a b2g1 sale, so ended up only paying 37$ for all 3  

Let's Go Penguins!

Jul 2, 2016 at 8:55:26 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: dr.robbie

Some good ps2 finds today. Went to a game store and most of their stuff was overpriced. Found a couple hidden gems and they were having a b2g1 sale, so ended up only paying 37$ for all 3  

Nice Mr. Mosquito! I bought one on NA for a friend. I am still trying to find one in person. I found a disc only, so my search continues!  

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Edited: 07/02/2016 at 09:04 PM by Mega Tank

Jul 3, 2016 at 2:52:04 AM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
Picked up a gently used, yet complete in box NES30 controller by 8bitdo for $20 at a local pawn. It's nice.

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

Jul 3, 2016 at 3:13:47 AM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: DQ187

happy to have a copy of Captain Commando again!

Thank you for reminding me what this sucker is worth. I knew I had a copy, went searching, and found it wedged between a few sports titles. For shame. Onto the top shelf it promptly went. I somehow keep forgetting that this is one of the big boys after moves and re-orgs...