NintendoAge http://nintendoage.com/forum/ -Sqooner Fire Emblem Three Houses Guide - Fishing, Combat, Gardening, Gold http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=188348 2019-09-05T06:07:00 -05.00 yukfou 26 Fire Emblem Three Houses Guide - Fishing, Combat, Gardening, Gold http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=188348 2019-08-27T18:43:37 -05.00 yukfou 26 Originally posted by: joesant84

Originally posted by: yukfou

Originally posted by: joesant84

Thanks for the tips....going to focus on fishing a bit more thanks to this.

First time playing any FE game and I must agree with an earlier poster....very slow paced. I am 30 hours in and only on chapter 12. It takes 4+ hours to finish a month.

Hears hoping school/your Professor career ends at some point in the near future

No problem! Yea, fishing is very nice for gold and boosting professor experience, which are both very important in the game. Ah, so that's what you guys are referring to when you say the game is slow paced. You can skip through a lot of the dialogue, and I'm pretty sure you can also skip right to the battles each month if you really wanted to. I find the exploration days to be fun and a nice way to break up the battles. There have been a couple months where I wish they were shortened by a week but overall, I think they did a good job with the pace.

If I skip the dialouge I'll never know what's going on! lol. I am interested in the story, but it's just a drag some times watching two of these nerds try to be friends. Just start bangin already, and stop with the BS.

Haha true. I find myself skipping a lot of those extra scenes when units build up support with one another. And I'm never going to fully understand all the house relationships with each other so I don't sweat it too much that I don't fully understand the story. Too many names and relationships to keep straight ]]>
Fire Emblem Three Houses Guide - Fishing, Combat, Gardening, Gold http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=188348 2019-08-27T16:46:29 -05.00 yukfou 26 Originally posted by: yukfou

Originally posted by: joesant84

First time playing any FE game and I must agree with an earlier poster....very slow paced. I am 30 hours in and only on chapter 12. It takes 4+ hours to finish a month.

No problem! Yea, fishing is very nice for gold and boosting professor experience, which are both very important in the game. Ah, so that's what you guys are referring to when you say the game is slow paced. You can skip through a lot of the dialogue, and I'm pretty sure you can also skip right to the battles each month if you really wanted to. I find the exploration days to be fun and a nice way to break up the battles. There have been a couple months where I wish they were shortened by a week but overall, I think they did a good job with the pace.

If I skip the dialouge I'll never know what's going on! lol. I am interested in the story, but it's just a drag some times watching two of these nerds try to be friends. Just start bangin already, and stop with the BS. ]]>
Fire Emblem Three Houses Guide - Fishing, Combat, Gardening, Gold http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=188348 2019-08-27T15:46:23 -05.00 yukfou 26 Originally posted by: joesant84

No problem! Yea, fishing is very nice for gold and boosting professor experience, which are both very important in the game. Ah, so that's what you guys are referring to when you say the game is slow paced. You can skip through a lot of the dialogue, and I'm pretty sure you can also skip right to the battles each month if you really wanted to. I find the exploration days to be fun and a nice way to break up the battles. There have been a couple months where I wish they were shortened by a week but overall, I think they did a good job with the pace. ]]>
Fire Emblem Three Houses Guide - Fishing, Combat, Gardening, Gold http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=188348 2019-08-27T09:25:43 -05.00 yukfou 26

Hears hoping school/your Professor career ends at some point in the near future ]]>
Fire Emblem Three Houses Guide - Fishing, Combat, Gardening, Gold http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=188348 2019-08-26T14:20:47 -05.00 yukfou 26 Originally posted by: yukfou

weapons but is it really worth it? Have you done the math of if x2 with a training weapons does more than say a killing edge? I like the "killer" weapons because of the high crit rates, and then the brave weapons are probably better than the training weapons with multiple attacks and a higher attack.
I honestly haven't really used the killer weapons since they are way too heavy and unreliable, imho. I usually prefer a reliable fixed damage over potential very high damage. Moreover, unless you have a really fast character, you might lose the two times attack bonus. But in the long run the killer weapons and the brave weapons are obviously better, although I don't have exact numbers to prove any of this.

I was mostly referring to the practice weapons+ in terms of early to mid-game, where they can be very useful. I compared some of them and for the practice sword gives +2 speed and evasion, but -3 attack compared to an iron sword+. Practice lance+ is +3 speed and -3 attack, practice axe+ gives +3 speed and -2 attack, practice bow+ gives +2 speed and -4 attack and so on. Oh, and I forgot that they give about +10 hit. So in some cases they may potentially be useful to give you that slight edge regarding speed and/or accuracy. And since some characters are insanely strong the lower attack power may not much of a deal.

Apart from that I can also recommend teaching your characters the armor skill up to rank C, because then you will learn the ability -3 weight, which reduces your weight penalty when equipping heavier weapons and shields. ]]>
Fire Emblem Three Houses Guide - Fishing, Combat, Gardening, Gold http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=188348 2019-08-25T18:33:29 -05.00 yukfou 26 Originally posted by: Gaia Gensouki

Afaik it's only affected by the weapon proficiency level. You need to reach that minimum in all proficiencies to get 100%. You can still try it earlier though. Just make sure to save beforehand or you might waste an expensive item that's needed for a class upgrade.

In this FE game you can choose your class progression freely. The only thing limiting your characters are their proficiencies. But of course certain characters are more suited towards certain classes. Classes improve your stat growth slightly, so that might be worth considering (although the game doesn't explicitly tell you how the different classes affect stat growth, but there are guides for that).

Don't forget that you can also master a class, which will grant you an additional ability like +5 HP, +2 Strength etc.

On a side note concerning the combat section of this guide: I would advise to use those practice weapons as well. They are most useful once you have upgraded them, which reduces their weight immensely, i.e. to 2. The practice weapons+ are easily the fastest weapons in the game and certain characters are so strong anyway, that they can still cause a lot of damage just with these weak weapons. But since they don't reduce your speed so much you will often be able to attack twice or to receive only one hit.

All good points Gaia! I highly recommend mastering the Noble class for each character so you can get the +5 hp. It's a very useful bonus to equip, especially early in the game. I didn't think about that for the training weapons but is it really worth it? Have you done the math of if x2 with a training weapons does more than say a killing edge? I like the "killer" weapons because of the high crit rates, and then the brave weapons are probably better than the training weapons with multiple attacks and a higher attack. ]]>
Fire Emblem Three Houses Guide - Fishing, Combat, Gardening, Gold http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=188348 2019-08-25T16:52:29 -05.00 yukfou 26
In this FE game you can choose your class progression freely. The only thing limiting your characters are their proficiencies. But of course certain characters are more suited towards certain classes. Classes improve your stat growth slightly, so that might be worth considering (although the game doesn't explicitly tell you how the different classes affect stat growth, but there are guides for that).

Don't forget that you can also master a class, which will grant you an additional ability like +5 HP, +2 Strength etc.

On a side note concerning the combat section of this guide: I would advise to use those practice weapons as well. They are most useful once you have upgraded them, which reduces their weight immensely, i.e. to 2. The practice weapons+ are easily the fastest weapons in the game and certain characters are so strong anyway, that they can still cause a lot of damage just with these weak weapons. But since they don't reduce your speed so much you will often be able to attack twice or to receive only one hit. ]]>
Fire Emblem Three Houses Guide - Fishing, Combat, Gardening, Gold http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=188348 2019-08-25T16:42:41 -05.00 yukfou 26 Originally posted by: B.A.

How does the class advancing work? I know part of it is the weapon proficiency level, you need a certain minimum. What else impacts the percentage chance of passing?

It's all based on weapon proficiency. I think the percentages deal with how far along you are rank wise for each weapon vs what is a guaranteed pass for that weapon in that class. So let's say you want to be a mage and you need your Reason weapon to be rank C for a guaranteed 100% pass. If your unit is only at rank D for Reason, you might have a 66% chance to pass. If it's E it might be 25% or 0, and the + ranks probably add a little percentage too. And then when you have multiple weapons that need to be a certain rank, it's the same thing. You might need both weapons to be rank C for a guaranteed 100% pass. If one of your weapons is rank D and one is rank C, you'll probably have a 75% chance to pass. They don't really explain it all but basically save before you take a test where you don't have a 100% chance of passing. If you don't pass, just turn your game off so you don't waste a seal. ]]>
Fire Emblem Three Houses Guide - Fishing, Combat, Gardening, Gold http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=188348 2019-08-25T15:39:33 -05.00 yukfou 26