NintendoAge http://nintendoage.com/forum/ -Sqooner NintendoAge 2016 Weekly Contests Presents: Road Blasters http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=166554 2016-09-21T00:40:39 -05.00 bimmy_lee 171 Originally posted by: Commander Santa

Originally posted by: bertsampson

Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Actually, am I crazy or do I have 30 points in platformers?

I have been drinking so my math is probably not amazing

Uh, yeah, you're crazy.  Crazy good at simple math!  Due to some sort of error, Krunch was given 8 points for Adventure Island II where you were given 7.  So...yeah...good to know!

Edited that in the update.

You should drink more often Brock.
That single point might be the difference in the platfromer championship!

Hopefully that will be corrected in the official standings as well.
This should not be over looked.

...and thanks skinny for the complements. (congrats again too!)

The overall official standings are accurate.  The error was made tabulating the points into the individual genre standings.  Overall standings are set for the top three anyway.  
  ]]>
NintendoAge 2016 Weekly Contests Presents: Road Blasters http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=166554 2016-09-20T15:42:45 -05.00 bimmy_lee 171 Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

Originally posted by: Commander Santa

***********************************************************************************************
2016 WEEK 31 SANTA WEEKLY NEWS UPDATE!!! - ROADBLASTERS
***********************************************************************************************

- mbd39, SuperJimtendo, Richardhead, JamesRobot, Seppatoni, Krunch, and Ferris Bueller have all outscored these top guns at some point this year. Will they have a part in the final act of the Sction/Platformer?

Sweet. I think that's my only mention all year.   

Ha!

For the last update of the regular season, I'm going to have an odds section of people in the playoffs (kind of like a horse racing handicap sheet).

Unless tablew/chairs storms in late and makes the playoffs, I have you as the favorite to win Tier 3 Ferris.
Should you reach Tier 2, I think at the moment you're penciled in for a silver or bronze.

I know you are a busy guy - but I also know you are a highly skilled NES competitor.
It's weeks in advance, but you already have a whole "sleeper" section written up mostly about you man.
  ]]>
NintendoAge 2016 Weekly Contests Presents: Road Blasters http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=166554 2016-09-20T14:50:19 -05.00 bimmy_lee 171 Originally posted by: Commander Santa

- mbd39, SuperJimtendo, Richardhead, JamesRobot, Seppatoni, Krunch, and Ferris Bueller have all outscored these top guns at some point this year. Will they have a part in the final act of the Sction/Platformer?
Sweet. I think that's my only mention all year.   
  ]]>
NintendoAge 2016 Weekly Contests Presents: Road Blasters http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=166554 2016-09-20T14:43:05 -05.00 bimmy_lee 171 Originally posted by: bertsampson

Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Uh, yeah, you're crazy.  Crazy good at simple math!  Due to some sort of error, Krunch was given 8 points for Adventure Island II where you were given 7.  So...yeah...good to know!
  Edited that in the update.

You should drink more often Brock.
That single point might be the difference in the platfromer championship!

Hopefully that will be corrected in the official standings as well.
This should not be over looked.

...and thanks skinny for the complements. (congrats again too!)

]]>
NintendoAge 2016 Weekly Contests Presents: Road Blasters http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=166554 2016-09-20T10:01:57 -05.00 bimmy_lee 171 NintendoAge 2016 Weekly Contests Presents: Road Blasters http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=166554 2016-09-20T06:49:21 -05.00 bimmy_lee 171 Originally posted by: Brock Landers

]]>
NintendoAge 2016 Weekly Contests Presents: Road Blasters http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=166554 2016-09-20T03:04:08 -05.00 bimmy_lee 171
I have been drinking so my math is probably not amazing ]]>
NintendoAge 2016 Weekly Contests Presents: Road Blasters http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=166554 2016-09-20T03:02:12 -05.00 bimmy_lee 171 NintendoAge 2016 Weekly Contests Presents: Road Blasters http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=166554 2016-09-20T02:51:35 -05.00 bimmy_lee 171 ***********************************************************************************************

This week wrapped up the regular season for the Shooter genre.
For over a year contestants bertsampson and skinnygrinny argued who was NA's King of Shooters.
We got that answer this week.

Only 3 more games in the regular season before the fanfare of the playoffs begins.
It's been a long season and each week has been full of interesting stories.

Check out what went down in the contests this week for Roadblasters below!

************************************************************************************************
BERT WINS THE BATTLE - BUT SKINNY WINS THE WAR

bertsampson's Roadblasters victory is not enough to overtake skinny in final standings as skinnygrinny is crowned NA's 2016 Shooter Champion!

bertsampson has proven his expertise all season long. His dominance across 2 genres has already netted him 2 season championships in the "Arcade" and "Sports" genres.
This week bert looked to make it 3 for 3.
He did everything he possibly could, but ultimately did not get the help he needed.

Earning a 2nd place silver medal behind bert was good enough for skinnygrinny to take home the coveted title of Nintendoage's best shooter in 2016.
Skinny and bert traded places (and insults) all year long and it was an extremely tight race.

Congrats to skinnygrinny on earning the prestigious icon and congrats once again to bertsampson for yet another gold medal victory this week.
Both will be among the favorites to win an Elite Tier 1 Medal in the playoffs this year.

SIX NINTENDOAGE CONTESTANTS DESTROY TWINGALAXIES WORLD RECORD IN ROADBLASTERS THIS WEEK!!!

The best score ever recorded would only be good enough for 7th place against Nintendoage's best guns

One of the most exciting things about the contests over the years is getting to see the world class skill level on display by some of the world's best.
The #1 ranked NES player in the world Tom Votava (rdrunner here on Nintendoage) sometimes makes a celebrity appearance here in the contests to offer advice - and (albeit rarely) plays along.

Most weeks the scores are really high.
Other weeks - (like this one) - NA'ers combine their forces to flex their gaming prowess and achieve what no one else ever has.

Six (6!) NA'ers topped the world record for Roadblasters this week in a frenzied battle for the last remaining gold medal in the shooter genre.

The current official World Record is held by TwinGalaxies member Brent Coffman with his score of 1,650,215.
Had Brent participated this week, this score would have landed him in 7th place.

Check out how the top 8 NA'ers fared this week

1.  bertsampson -   2,324,529
2.  skinnygrinny -    2,198,669
3.  tablew/chairs2,034,474
4.  arnpoly -          1,951,042
5.  Brock Landers - 1,923,426
6.  mbd39 -           1,751,058
7.  Ferris Bueller -   1,332,017
8.  Richardhead -    1,309,926

This was a fantastic week for fans of high scores!
Some of the world's best compete here each and every week.
If you've ever wanted to test yourself against the very best - give the contests a try before the regular season is over.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NA CONTEST MOD BIMMY_LEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Sept. 9th was raining hotdogs everywhere!!!!

Happy belated birthday to contest mod bimmy_lee!

He has been manning the ship for the NA contests for a number of years now.
Thank you for everything you do for the community bimmy and hope you had a wonderful day.

************************************************************************************************
RICHARDHEAD APPEARS OUT OF NOWHERE TO PICK UP RIGHT WHERE HE LEFT OFF

With seemingly no memory of his own abscence, Mr. Head returns to place once again and talk some Colorado smack

Richardhead has been somewhat of an enigma during the 2016 NA contests.

Announcing his mission to defeat his rival/friend JamesRobot at all costs at the begining of the year, he has taken a very strange journey to NA greatness.
Repeating some of Mr. Head's exploits....

- Appeared at the begining of the year only to "defeat JamesRobot" each week
- Was the victim of repeated (and increasingly bizzare) home invasions
- The word "chumpstain" was created
- Developed a friendship/rivalry with Canadian NA'er ToxieRules over an ironic hatred for craft beer
- Above friendship spawned a hilarious South Park Themed avatar with Mr. Head grabbing Toxie's ass
- Somebody's car gets peed on
- Becomes involved in a horrific cycling acident that hampers his NES skills
- Climbed to near the top of the season leaderboards...
- ...only to mysteriously disappear into thin air
- This prompts conspiracy theories and everyone is left wondering if he is ok
- Appears back this week like nothing hasa happened

The Richardhead adventures have included fellow Coloradians JamesRobot, SuperJimtendo, Canadian ToxieRules and Floridian skinnygrinny.
If anything, Richardhead has left a huge mark for his adventures during the 2016 season.

ACTION/PLATFORMER CROWN IS UP FOR GRABS NEXT WEEK

With so many possible outcomes, it'll come down to three contestants in Mighty Bomb Jack

The final game in the Action/Platformer genre will take place next week.
Mighty Bomb Jack will determine that genre's champion in perhaps the most interesting finish of 2016.

Three usual suspects will be in a bar room brawl to fight it out for the next jewel in the season's crown.
skinnygrinny (32 pts.), Brock Landers (30 pts.)** and bertsampson (28 pts.) are the top 3 in Action games at this point.
Take a look how each has fared below - but they are going to have to watch out for a stable of others that have already bested them this year...

1. Super Mario Brothers
2nd - skinnygrinny
4th - bertsampson
5th - Brock Landers

2. Ghosts N' Goblins
3rd - Brock Landers
4th - skinnygrinny
5th - bertsampson

3. Adventure Island II
4th - Brock Landers
7th - bertsampson
9th - skinnygrinny

4. Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors II
1st - skinnygrinny
4th - bertsampson
6th - Brock Landers

It is significant to note that the only one of these three that has won a platformer this year in the genre is skinnygrinny - placing 1st in Ironsword.
Brock earned a bronze medal in a tough week of Ghosts N' Goblins as well.***
All have been knocked off the podium in every other instance this year.

Many Boogeymen (and women) are hiding in the bushes to really mix things up this week and make it even more difficult on the top three players to take it all home.

- Bea_Iank was the Ghosts N' Goblins Gold medal winner and has proved all season long she is a major force to be reckoned with.
- erizisto is a mysterious player that often appears out of nowhere to post monster scores when the title suits him
- ToxieRules has bested all three contestants this year in multiple games. Will he remember to post a score this week?
- gutsman004 is a grizzled contest veteran and is in the neighborhood of top scorer in Action/Platformer. He shines in competitive situations
- tablew/chairs has roared onto the contest scene from his NA completion thread to become a serious contender in the contests to make a late push for playoffs
- Thomahawk12 is a skilled newcomer whose skills are not yet completely known to the rest of the field. Could he play spoiler?
- mbd39, SuperJimtendo, Richardhead, JamesRobot, Seppatoni, Krunch, and Ferris Bueller have all outscored these top guns at some point this year.
Will they have a part in the final act of the Action/Platformer?

Perhaps there is another hidden player out there that has not made themselves yet known that could stand on the podium this week?

For entertainment value, this might be the most exciting finish to determine a genre champion yet in 2016.
How will this all come to an end?
Who will be the deciding factor?

**edit: A score descrepencey was found in the platforming category. Brock Landers should in fact have 30 pts. instead of the previously reported 29 pts.
***A second edit was made to recognize Brock's bronze medal in Ghost N' Goblins also.

**********************************************************************************************
BROCK LANDERS "BOLD PREDICITONS" FOR ROADBLASTERS

It's the Contests' Horoscope!

The final scores have already been tallied, take a look at how accurate "Nostradumbass" was this week.
(...pretty damn close actually)

1st - skinnygrinny         1,900,000
2nd - bertsampson        1,850,000
3rd - mbd39                  1,700,000
4th - Brock Landers       1,650,000
5th - tablew/chairs       1,645,000
6th - JamesRobot          1,400,000
7th - Commander Santa 1,000,000
8th - SuperJimtendo        800,000 

*************************************************************************************************
That's it for another Update!

- Who will be the biggest factor in Mighty Bomb Jack next week?
- will tablew/chairs continue his tear and make a near impossible late run at the playoffs actually happen?
- what kind of underwear was Jerbilly wearing when he jumped out of bimmy_lee's birthday cake this week?

Keep tuning into the contests to find out!!!!

]]>
NintendoAge 2016 Weekly Contests Presents: Road Blasters http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=166554 2016-09-19T18:35:34 -05.00 bimmy_lee 171