Well this has been a runaway success...

Well this has been a runaway success...
by on (#17764)
Well this has been a... oh you read the title. Personally I'm glad, as we should all stick to the same language. After all, all of our PC's speak x86!

by on (#17772)
Just give it some time man... the other language boards can also go a few months without any posts.
Re: Well this has been a runaway success...
by on (#17777)
WedNESday wrote:
After all, all of our PC's speak x86!


Until you run an emulator and it speaks about anything, heh.

Well, this odd place will get used eventually, let's just try to keep the posts on-topic while we're here.
Re: Well this has been a runaway success...
by on (#17779)
WedNESday wrote:
Well this has been a... oh you read the title. Personally I'm glad, as we should all stick to the same language. After all, all of our PC's speak x86!


Um, you could probably offend people with that. It's like running into Miami, Florida shouting "Spanish sucks! We should all speak English!" If you don't know, Miami is heavily populated with spanish speakers.

Sure it may be true that you should know english when you come to the U.S, but running out in Miami saying stuff like that would offend people, and get you nowhere, and you wouldn't change a damn thing besides your handicapped status. It's kind of the same thing here. I'm sure Quietust will not take your post lightly, so he'll probably get mad, and that'll get you no where. So my analogy kind of makes sense here :wink:

Maybe a little more TACT would get you places, which is something some people around here lack. Not mentioning any names...

by on (#17800)
You know, I speak french, and I use almost only english on the net. And that isn't much a problem for me any longer.
If this board would have come earlier, and if I tried to post anything in french here, I would get no answer (or a poor one), and I would have been frustrated, instead of just being forced to try your english, and bypass the fact that you're afraid it looks stupid.
I agree with Wednesday, but this isn't a reason to delete the board, it doesn't really bother anyone, and it is here incaseof.

by on (#19250)
O problema é que a língua inglesa está se tornando universal. Até mesmo o idioma japonês incorpora palavras da língua inglesa, coisas que "soam" melhor se faladas no original. Enfim, se for para criticar o idioma escrito, que não critiquem o português quando muitos lerem isso aqui e não entenderem também pela limitação.

by on (#19252)
Fx3 wrote:
O problema é que a língua inglesa está se tornando universal. Até mesmo o idioma japonês incorpora palavras da língua inglesa, coisas que "soam" melhor se faladas no original. Enfim, se for para criticar o idioma escrito, que não critiquem o português quando muitos lerem isso aqui e não entenderem também pela limitação.


Bono Estente! Sminki pinki (beng beng). Chris Waddle. Falia helé, Falia hela, Falia helé.

Heth - eth - eth - eth - eth - eth - eth - eth - eth!

Scorchio!
Pighardia!
Boutros Boutros Gali!
Pi pi snaa!
Antonios Gubba!
Problematico tecnica

by on (#19254)
Now you're beeing a dick just for the heck of it. If you don't like this section, just don't come in here! It really is that simple.

by on (#19266)
Ok, I apologise. That last post was just a bit of fun. However, it seems that most people under the age of 25 in the world all seem to know some english, so I still stand by my original statement.

by on (#19267)
WedNESday wrote:
I still stand by my original statement.

But the main parts of this forum are in english. Given that english is the most well known language in the world, I'd say that's about right. However, a couple of boards in different languages shouldn't be a pain in the ass for anyone.

WedNESday wrote:
it seems that most people under the age of 25 in the world all seem to know some english

It could seem so since you are observing from the internet (and live in an english speaking country), but in my avarage day, 90% of the people I meet aren't able to keep up a conversation in english. Everybody knows a few words and sentences, 'cause that's taught in schools, but they can't have a conversation.

I'm sure many of those people would like to have a place to talk about what interests them in their own language. So I don't think it is a bad idea to have such a place here, just in case it's needed.

by on (#20543)
Bregalad wrote:
You know, I speak french, and I use almost only english on the net. And that isn't much a problem for me any longer.
If this board would have come earlier, and if I tried to post anything in french here, I would get no answer (or a poor one), and I would have been frustrated, instead of just being forced to try your english, and bypass the fact that you're afraid it looks stupid.
I agree with Wednesday, but this isn't a reason to delete the board, it doesn't really bother anyone, and it is here incaseof.


Jos minä käyttäisin omaa kieltäni, en luultavasti saisi minkäänlaista vastausta. En edes huonoa :wink:

by on (#85036)
sepi wrote:
Jos minä käyttäisin omaa kieltäni, en luultavasti saisi minkäänlaista vastausta. En edes huonoa :wink:

Sait nyt kuitenkin!
Olettaen toki, että kyseessä on oma kielesi etkä lainannut sitä joltakulta.

Also: With permanent threads, time and date are rather irrelevant…

by on (#85501)
nyt kissa on vienyt kieleni :P
Re: Well this has been a runaway success...
by on (#103156)
Jeg har faktisk lært litt spansk ved å lese innlegg på dette brettet. 有難うございます。:-)