Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Let's make this a better to place to visit On the topic of community and negativity

Mar 15, 2009 at 6:54:58 AM
xARSEFACEx (70)
(x AARON x) < Bowser >
Indiana
Man, the hugs are coming out of the woodwork now! I hope this lasts, I really do. I agree with the sentiments of everyone here.

Except Seth. Screw Seth .

-------------------------
Currently Playing: L.A. Noire
Currently Listening: Tyler the Creator - Goblin
Currently Watching: Workaholics, 5 Deadly Venoms

Mar 15, 2009 at 10:34:16 PM
srh201 (114)
(Hootie McBoobins D.N.S.) < Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: xARSEFACEx

Man, the hugs are coming out of the woodwork now! I hope this lasts, I really do. I agree with the sentiments of everyone here.

Except Seth. Screw Seth .

aaron, i have to politely decline the offer to screw you. as much as i respect you and your face that looks like ass, i would at least require a date or 2 before i would let our relationship go that far.

on a side note... i saw the state at the bottom of your post and i read "india." i was like wtf, when did aaron move to india? then i realized i was retarded. okay, bed time!

Look, if you don't like the things that I post, don't PM me about it and don't start a war in a thread. Just FOE ME so you don't have to read my posts! That's why Dain put it there! Use it!!!

Mar 16, 2009 at 1:04:54 AM
JC (7)

< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
You might have it already, but on my forum the mods have a hidden board where they can talk about member issues -- and other site stuff -- and coordinate their reactions, so we're not all PMing the same member about the same issue or being too tough on a member (inequality of punishment). It works really well. Our only problem right now is having a couple too many 13 year olds who are postwhores, but everyone's really friendly.

And we're very upfront when there's a problem, like flaming -- editing the post saying we deleted the flaming and the member better not do it again. It's better than deleting the whole post because then the members don't see the mods in action, which is important.

May 27, 2009 at 9:54:41 PM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Gonna bump this one A good thing to read once in a while

May 27, 2009 at 10:08:54 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: pats1717

Gonna bump this one A good thing to read once in a while

Amen sir.  There has been a LOT of negativity today.  We are very serious and committed to keep NA as negative free as possible.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Sep 28, 2009 at 11:00:03 PM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
Never saw this thread before... Thank you to Qix for linking to it.
Excellent post, Dain.

Good Vibes to everyone!

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:43:24 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
Thought I would give this a BUMP!

People, this is a gaming community. I know a lot of people here like to make money, and that is a'okay...

I just want to add that there are a select few of us here who really pour our hearts and souls into this site. Especially Dain, Dan, the rabbit and that ugly Error guy.

I feel that these guys don't get near enough respect. Especially Dain. I'm not trying to kiss anyone's ass here (although it may sound like it), but i want everyone to just take a step back from their collections, their impulses and think what OUR worlds might be like without NintendoAge. We are so lucky to have someone as committed as Dain and we should be grateful everyday that he has built a site that encompasses a community of great people.

Lets make sure Dain knows how much we enjoy this site.

Also.... stay positive!

eBay listings here

Edited: 10/26/2009 at 03:44 PM by qixmaster

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:44:46 PM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: qixmaster

People, this is a gaming community. I know a lot of people here like to make money, and that is a'okay...

I just want to add that there are a select few of us here who really pour our hearts and souls into this site. Especially Dain, Dan, the rabbit and that ugly Error guy.

I feel that these guys don't get near enough respect. Especially Dain. I'm not trying to kiss anyone's ass here (although it may sound like it), but i want everyone to just take a step back from their collections, their impulses and think what OUR worlds might be like without NintendoAge. We are so lucky to have someone as committed as Dain and we should be grateful everyday that he has built a site that encompasses a community of great people.

Also.... stay positive!

It seems to be that time yet again!

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:48:28 PM
tacolinowest (11)
(john t) < El Ripper >
New York
Originally posted by: pats1717

Originally posted by: qixmaster

Also.... stay positive!

It seems to be that time yet again!

qixmaster is absolutely right, this is a great place and im very happy im here, thanks erik

Feb 18, 2010 at 9:17:10 AM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Well said Josh, I completely agree.

Mar 14, 2010 at 4:51:44 AM
Pendragon (104)
(Chris Early) < Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Thank you for the site Dain and every poster on here!

I like RPGs and Shmups. Also a huge Kings Field fan. Nothing like the classics!

Mar 18, 2010 at 12:17:27 AM
ars2pd (181)
(aRs !) < King Solomon >
Missouri
*hugs for all*

Mar 18, 2010 at 12:33:44 AM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Hey look it is the once amount bump

Mar 18, 2010 at 12:54:38 AM
projectingstars (95)
(S. K.) < King Solomon >
Washington
Funny, I was just thinking of this thread earlier today. Always good to come back and reread it every now and again.

I know my gaming/collector life would be COMPLETELY different if it weren't for NA. I litereally come on here every single day, no matter what. So, thanks again for all the hard work you do around here Dain, Dan, and Jason!! I really cannot say that enough.

"Absurdity is what I like most in life, and there's humor in struggling in ignorance. If you saw a man repeatedly running into a wall until he was a bloody pulp, after a while it would make you laugh because it becomes absurd".

-David Lynch

Mar 31, 2010 at 2:31:00 PM
Airlock (19)
(- Gordon -) < El Ripper >
Indiana
Bumpity bumpity... bum, bum, bumpity.

Mar 31, 2010 at 2:34:14 PM
Bella (104)
(Bellatrix Lestrange) < Ridley Wrangler >
Alabama
Agreed We all (self included) need to take a deep breath and relax. We all know NA is the best place on the net. Now lets show it

I have bigger balls than any man out there... They just sit two feet higher!

Mar 31, 2010 at 2:35:38 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Yeah, here's hoping it remains on the 'net...god only knows what is gonna happen in 40 minutes

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Aug 1, 2010 at 10:01:54 AM
tanikwish (8)
(Willi C) < Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama
This is going to be long, and I'm sorry. It's the writer in me, I guess. First, I really wish I would have come across this thread my first day here. It is very refreshing, and it definitely changes my perspective on how I feel about this site as a whole as a newbie. I had talked to a few people privately about how as a new person, I didn't feel *quite* as welcome as I would have liked, but part of that is because I had my WTB thread in the wrong place, and Paul was kind enough to move it. I also realized that the chat has a set of "regulars". My first couple of days here, I felt like I was sitting at the "cool kids" lunch table in high school for the first time, and I was either being ignored or simply misunderstood.

I have been screwing around internet forums for about 16 years now (geez, I feel old), and I do feel as though this group tends to be almost a bit too insular for those who are wet behind the ears like me and don't actually collect but are simply fans of the Nintendo brand, whether it be classic NES or  newer systems. And this site advertises that is for collectors and fans alike. It just doesn't always feel that way. However, with a lot of digging around in the forums and with more time spent in chat, my opinion has changed somewhat. I was able to get the assistance I needed very quickly, and I feel like I am starting to make friends, and it's great! This site has been the best thing to happen to me in a long time.

I know this is just the internet, but like in real life, things take time to develop. That's sometimes hard for me, as I feel like an internet "veteran," and I always dive in headfirst into whatever I choose to do online. And also, like in real life, people need breaks. I don't blame any of you for wanting to take a step back and focus on other things.

Thanks again for posting this and for making the site what it is. I've absolutely loved my stay so far.

Aug 1, 2010 at 11:09:16 AM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
^ I tend to agree with your comments about the site being insular lately, and thanks for speaking up about it. Over the past year especially, I feel that we've been overly tolerant of certain members who feel that they can act in a condescending manner toward others. While this seems to be the natural tendency of the internet somehow, here I've always felt like we could transcend.

While acting like a ninny here is not a ban-able offense, in the past we've taken direct action to help cantankerous users moderate themselves, with some success. A few of our pimpliest trolls have really turned into helpful and contributory users. They've checked their iEgos at the door.

Anyway thanks for the reminder (and the kind words), we ALL could do to take a step back every few months and read Dain's words again -- new users and old.

Aug 17, 2010 at 2:20:35 PM
tanikwish (8)
(Willi C) < Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama
Originally posted by: dangevin

^ I tend to agree with your comments about the site being insular lately, and thanks for speaking up about it. Over the past year especially, I feel that we've been overly tolerant of certain members who feel that they can act in a condescending manner toward others. While this seems to be the natural tendency of the internet somehow, here I've always felt like we could transcend.

While acting like a ninny here is not a ban-able offense, in the past we've taken direct action to help cantankerous users moderate themselves, with some success. A few of our pimpliest trolls have really turned into helpful and contributory users. They've checked their iEgos at the door.

Anyway thanks for the reminder (and the kind words), we ALL could do to take a step back every few months and read Dain's words again -- new users and old.

LOL for using the word "ninny." You're welcome. It's only been 17 days, and I already need to re-read this thread...I think many people around here should. :-)

Aug 19, 2010 at 8:55:08 AM
Enslaved (106)
(Edd Showalter) < Master Higgins >
Florida
I was the same way when I first joined up tanik, everything just takes time, and you slowly start to merge in with everyone, and learn exactly what all of those inside jokes and comments mean lol.

Check out this really awesome WTB thread that I found, I heard this guy wants games at the cheapest rate possible!  Now on the look out for Unlicensed NES!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Dec 11, 2010 at 11:58:25 AM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Originally posted by: dangevin

we ALL could do to take a step back every few months and read Dain's words again -- new users and old.

Just got done rereading this thread...and yeah I needed to do it too.
Thanks for the reminder...

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Dec 11, 2010 at 12:07:01 PM
Mr.Nintendo (383)
(el- rocko) < King Solomon >
Alaska
good call dain.

Gameboy Pirates "IS" My Thing

DONATE ALL SMB/DH CARTS TO PMA

DONATE ALL JURASSIC PARK CARTS TO KEVBOT  NOW ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Jan 13, 2011 at 4:22:04 PM
Starwander (144)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(William Hoskinson) < Meka Chicken >
Colorado
Originally posted by: NationalGameDepot

We (being the admins) have had quite a bit of discussions about a lot of stuff that has been going on for a while now. I couldn't agree more with Dain's entire post. All this negativity and bickering needs to stop. Some days we spend more time settling disputes than we do even posting or working on the site. We encourage you to contact the mods and admins if you have a problem with someone. If a mod can't solve it they will let one of the amdins step in. We have an amazing member base here, and have done some great stuff in the last couple years and I don't want to see us stray from that path.

I do want to thank Dain, Dan and all the other MODs, everyone does a great job in hard situations sometimes. Let's all stick together and make NA a great place for the next 2000 users
~~NGD
I didn't realize that it had gotten this bad. I am sorry to hear this, since this isn't a job, but a hobby. I guess I always tried to stay away from the negative stuff. I just wanted to thank you all for this site. I log on several times a day and enjoy the vast amount of knowledge that you can't find anywhere else.

Always buying copies of Crystal Mine. Carts, manuals, boxes, CIB and sealed I want them all.

Jan 19, 2011 at 11:54:50 AM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
bump - be nice. if ya can't take a hike, ya digg?

eBay listings here