NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

2 Suggestions

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:44:17 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
First suggestion (the more serious one):
On the mobile site, can we get a breadcrumbs link back to the forum we were just in? It's annoying to have to go backwards X amount of pages (and have to reload to see new posts/thread bumps) or having to use the combo box (it won't let you go back to the forum as it's defaulted to that forum already). Maybe if the "Forum" combo was defaulted to a standard "Select a quick jump", that would be just as good so you can jump back to the forum you were just browsing

Second Suggestion: (somewhat serious, but less important)
Can we get an icon next to PM's we've replied to? I often lose track of who I have and haven't responded to without having to open up the PM/Sent folder

-------------------------
Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:47:43 PM
chromableedstudios (14)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: dra600n

On the mobile site, can we get a breadcrumbs link back to the forum we were just in? 

+1 

we seem to lose the page number at the bottom too(also on desktop not signed in i think)

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:53:54 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Are you using the regular link on mobile or mobile.nintendoage.com? I thought Dain was making the main one more mobile friendly, so if you're using the mobile.one, try the main for giggles.

Sep 12, 2015 at 8:39:50 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Are you using the regular link on mobile or mobile.nintendoage.com? I thought Dain was making the main one more mobile friendly, so if you're using the mobile.one, try the main for giggles.
I'm using the main site (the mobile site looks like poo on my phone). If the forum dropdown didn't default to the forum you're in, so you can select it again to go back, that would solve the issue.

IE: I select "Private Topics", go into a thread, it's still set a "Private Topics", so I can't choose that to go back as it thinks I'm already there

(I did forget about the mobile site, though, so thank you for reminding me about that )

Sep 14, 2015 at 7:24:55 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California

First suggestion (the more serious one):
On the mobile site, can we get a breadcrumbs link back to the forum we were just in? It's annoying to have to go backwards X amount of pages (and have to reload to see new posts/thread bumps) or having to use the combo box (it won't let you go back to the forum as it's defaulted to that forum already). Maybe if the "Forum" combo was defaulted to a standard "Select a quick jump", that would be just as good so you can jump back to the forum you were just browsing

Second Suggestion: (somewhat serious, but less important)
Can we get an icon next to PM's we've replied to? I often lose track of who I have and haven't responded to without having to open up the PM/Sent folder

I requested your first one a ton of times.  Dain responded saying he agreed with me and that it was in the works, but not sure what ever came of it.

Sep 14, 2015 at 8:10:26 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
You can jump back quicker if you tap "category" first from the top of the list and then the forum that you're already in. Simply defaulting the drop down menu to "category" would fix the issue, but I liked the direct link that the vintage site had better.

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

Edited: 09/14/2015 at 08:21 PM by bearcat-doug

Sep 15, 2015 at 11:49:09 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: bearcat-doug

You can jump back quicker if you tap "category" first from the top of the list and then the forum that you're already in. Simply defaulting the drop down menu to "category" would fix the issue, but I liked the direct link that the vintage site had better.

That works! Still a pain in the ass. I agree it should default to categories, with a link at the bottom of the page as well would be best IMO 

Sep 15, 2015 at 12:18:48 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

Originally posted by: bearcat-doug

That works! Still a pain in the ass. I agree it should default to categories, with a link at the bottom of the page as well would be best IMO 

I'd rather see links as well since the drop down menu only shows up if you're logged in. I usually don't log in when I'm just browsing the forum so bringing the links back would make navigating the mobile site a lot easier.

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee