Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Ebay user cjmarq2345 anyone ever buy from him or is he a member here?

LOCKED TOPIC

Aug 13, 2018 at 4:46:05 PM
Fantomex (216)
(Chris Z) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
I just bought a mega man x3 box from this guy and his pictures look WAY better than the items you actually receive.  I think he doctors his images to make them look, nice.  Small creases are still in the same place but his colors look very bright and crisp vs the faded box that i received

-------------------------

Edited: 08/13/2018 at 11:11 PM by Fantomex

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:21:13 PM
Kemp175 (62)
(Dane ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
He did mention the fading on one side of it. You got any pics for us?

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:12:24 PM
jedisam2013 (34)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
I've bought multiple items from him without any issues. Also, he took back one graded item that was damaged intransit without any pushback

Aug 13, 2018 at 8:38:54 PM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Pictures look solid and not manipulated from my look at the auction. I think he is just good at using nice lighting while taking his shots.

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes

Aug 13, 2018 at 8:45:44 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Did you reach out to the seller? Not really cool to make this kind of accusation. He had 12 pictures from multiple angles, and disclosed the fading in the description. You should try to resolve issues directly before blasting someone.

Aug 13, 2018 at 9:02:12 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
He does take good pictures, but he also illustrates every flaw to the point of overkill. Even his VGA games zoom in on flaws, something most people dont do. At worse he offers free returns to be compliant as a Top Rated Seller, just return it if you really feel wronged. But he disclosed the fading in that listing, both in text and in the pics.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Aug 13, 2018 at 9:02:59 PM
Trevor (15)

< Meka Chicken >
United States
I've bought a few items from him, though haven't bought anything in quite awhile, but everything has been as advertised. No complaints on my end.

Aug 13, 2018 at 10:13:47 PM
Fantomex (216)
Pennsylvania
im not talking the fading on the right side of the box. im talking pretty obvious fading on the front of the box. I wouldnt normally post something like this here. I was very thrown back by this when i received it, pictures looked great. i opened the package and immediately was like heart stopped wtf this isnt what i ordered kind of moment. i messaged the seller and he said he took his pictures with an iphone 5s no doctoring. i'll try to take some pics. Seriously, i wouldnt call someone out like this without good reason. not my style

Aug 13, 2018 at 10:23:38 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
If I am looking at the correct completed listing, pics 5 and 9 show the front box color being off. Some of the other pictures show a much more colorful front of the box. I am not a photo expert, but that would have made me ask for more pics and and specific questions about discoloring. I don't care if discoloring is mentioned in the listing, I would ask questions anyways to clarify and confirm how much discoloring there really is. Good luck.

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Edited: 08/13/2018 at 11:24 PM by Mega Tank

Aug 13, 2018 at 10:53:52 PM
alpenanews0506 (78)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
What's your eBay ID just for future reference?

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:13:52 PM
Fantomex (216)
Pennsylvania
i uploaded a picture comparing what i received vs the photo in his listing. i took my picture with my iphone 6s. all in all, i still received a very nice box. but its much more faded than his pictures show. Im just trying to make other buyers beware that you may not receive exactly what you see in the pictures. had i known this box was this faded i probably would not have paid what i did for this box. Like i said, im not normally one to call someone out, i have been a member here for a long time and dont like to stir things up, just trying to make the community aware. Weather it be intentional or not there is an obvious difference here in what was received vs what was advertised  

Edited: 08/13/2018 at 11:25 PM by Fantomex

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:24:02 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: Fantomex

i uploaded a picture comparing what i received vs the photo in his listing. i took my picture with my iphone 6s. all in all, i still received a very nice box. but its much more faded than his pictures show. Im just trying to make other buyers beware that you may not receive exactly what you see in the pictures. had i known this box was this faded i probably would not have paid what i did for this box

That fading is shown in pics 5 and 9. Read my previous post.

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:26:46 PM
Fantomex (216)
Pennsylvania
no, picture 5 shows the fading on the right SIDE of the box. not the face. i am not referring to the side of the box. and in pic 9, look at the red on the super nintendo logo and tell me its not faded in the pic i provided.  If this were a $10 - $20 box this may not be a big deal, but this isn't a cheap item, condition plays a big factor

Edited: 08/13/2018 at 11:29 PM by Fantomex

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:42:24 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

no, picture 5 shows the fading on the right SIDE of the box. not the face. i am not referring to the side of the box. and in pic 9, look at the red on the super nintendo logo and tell me its not faded in the pic i provided.  If this were a $10 - $20 box this may not be a big deal, but this isn't a cheap item, condition plays a big factor

Pic 5 absolutely shows some fading to me on the front. The fact the listing even displays fading better in your eyes on pic 9 should have been a red flag for you. If you failed to ask questions on a $279.95 piece of cardboard box then you should reasses the way you purchase expensive items.

You have been suggested to reach out to the seller and you have the ability to file for a return if you feel the need to do so. In the end, you failed to ask questions and request additional pictures... this is all I can tell from your situation here. Good luck.

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:44:38 PM
Fantomex (216)
Pennsylvania
when did i say i see faded in pic 9?! The super nintendo logo in pic 9 is clearly a more solid vibrant red than the picture i provided of what was actually received.  From the many pictures he provided why would i feel the need to ask for more pictures?

Edited: 08/13/2018 at 11:48 PM by Fantomex

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:47:00 PM
Maertens29 (61)
< Lolo Lord >
Saskatchewan

I just bought a mega man x3 box from this guy and his pictures look WAY better than the items you actually receive.  I think he doctors his images to make them look, nice.  Small creases are still in the same place but his colors look very bright and crisp vs the faded box that i received

Damn. I'd feel bamboozled too.

I'm looking for a mint, factory sealed Dragon Ball Advanced for gameboy advance, let me know!

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:48:31 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

when did i say i see faded in pic 9?! From the many pictures he provided why would i feel the need to ask for more pictures?

I guess I misunderstood. Pic 9 shows fading. When is the last time you got your eyes checked? I don't even collect boxes, but I can tell there is fading in pics 5 and 9. Swipe back and forth between all the pictures showing the box and compare. The box shows fading in the listing.

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:49:45 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: Maertens29

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/...

Check out pics 5 and 9.

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:49:45 PM
Fantomex (216)
Pennsylvania
are you for real? look at the picture i posted, are you seriously telling me that these boxes look the same?

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:51:59 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

are you for real? look at the picture i posted, are you seriously telling me that these boxes look the same?

I am discussing the listing as you read it (I hope) and what you claim is fading, which was listed and displayed in the listing.

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:52:32 PM
Fantomex (216)
Pennsylvania
still didnt answer my question

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:53:49 PM
Maertens29 (61)
< Lolo Lord >
Saskatchewan
Originally posted by: Mega Tank

Check out pics 5 and 9.

I do see what you see, but you have to admit, 10 / 12 make the color of that box look vivid. I'm not sure how, really, but it doesn't appear faded (and not to such an extent) in the other photos as it does in the new photo provided.

Regardless, return the item. I'm sure he will accept it.

Edit: I can't help but feel they look like Japan and majesco side by side haha.

I'm looking for a mint, factory sealed Dragon Ball Advanced for gameboy advance, let me know!

Edited: 08/13/2018 at 11:54 PM by Maertens29

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:54:39 PM
Fantomex (216)
Pennsylvania
for the third time, the fading shown in pic 5 on the SIDE of the box. is not what i am referring to

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:55:48 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Definitely seems a little misleading. I'd be pissed. Especially for a high dollar box like this.

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:58:07 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

Originally posted by: Mega Tank

Check out pics 5 and 9.

I do see what you see, but you have to admit, 10 / 12 make the color of that box look vivid. I'm not sure how, really, but it doesn't appear faded (and not to such an extent) in the other photos as it does in the new photo provided.

Regardless, return the item. I'm sure he will accept it.

Yes, but for a $279.99 box, he should be more aware of what he is purchasing. OP failed to do his homework and wants to rant and gear the situation elswhere. How do we know his camera isn't taking pictures of a lower quality or filtered? We don't so I am basing this purely from the listing. Fading is visible, perhaps not to the extend OP states, but it is also spelled out for you in the listing. This isn't a small purchase, if he had concerns, he should have asked for more pictures and cleared up how faded the box was.

OP can process a return. I don't know why he doesn't just return the thing and be done with it.