Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Original Xbox Factory Seal question What should it look like?

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:45:15 PM
CompleteSNES (164)
(I'm Naked) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Does anyone know exactly what an original xbox seal should look like?  Where any seams should be?  Are they all the same?  I am looking at buying a game and the there is a seam that goes down the side where the warranty sticker is.  Is it possible if this is legit?  Any help would be appreciated!

Mar 7, 2011 at 8:05:22 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Hmm, I just assumed they were like GC / PS2 seals with a Y-fold at the top and bottom, possibly a security sticker over on of the sides. I don't think there should be any specific "seams" though, should just be Y-folds. If you still need help, I got a sealed Conker Live and Reloaded that I could snap some pics of this evening.

-------------------------
WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Mar 8, 2011 at 2:10:32 PM
suicidalparrot (126)
(matt s) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
It has been a while, but the only Xbox games I can remember opening had Y-folds unless it was an obvious shrinkwrap put on by the retailer. But this has been quite a while so my memory might be muffled by my 360 purchases.

Mar 8, 2011 at 2:35:58 PM
CompleteSNES (164)
(I'm Naked) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
ell as it turns out, there was a gaping hole in the factory cellophane and then a rewrap was put over everything. The security sticker looks tampered with as well. Unfortunate. Thanks for the help guys.

Sep 16 at 2:03:42 PM
Speedy_NES (158)
(< Pieter >) < Kraid Killer >
Belgium
A bit of a necro bump, but I bought a sight-unseen stock photo NTSC Halo GOTY edition from a seller in Europe, and at first sight I figured it is a 1st print fake given what I've read about Xbox factory seals (y-fold, Xbox security sticker on side). Upon closer inspection, the cover does seem to be of a very high print quality, and while the rounded edges of the cover sheet seemed hand-cut at first sight, I noticed that a graded copy that sold on Heritage has the same awkward rounded corners (https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-g...). The item was also priced too low (and falsely as GOTY later print) if the seller was trying to scam anyone. So my current thoughts are that it may be a legit copy that has been resealed. The case is also quite light/transparent, however, and I recall original Xbox games having a solid non-translucent green case (at least in Europe) (edit: nevermind -- seems to have the same translucence as the case of the Heritage graded copy, but slightly different design)?

As I know very little about Xbox seals, I would love confirmation that this item is a fake/no fake and to confirm the reseal, in case anyone has experience in this area. Thanks in advance. Pics attached.

Edited: 09/16/2019 at 02:06 PM by Speedy_NES

Sep 16 at 3:12:27 PM
themisfit138 (12)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana
My copy of Halo also has the rounded bottom corners with squared off top corners. The case is the same transparent green, but mine had a Microsoft security seal on the side. I bought it new with the system in 2003.

Sep 16 at 7:31:25 PM
Speedy_NES (158)
(< Pieter >) < Kraid Killer >
Belgium
Originally posted by: themisfit138

My copy of Halo also has the rounded bottom corners with squared off top corners. The case is the same transparent green, but mine had a Microsoft security seal on the side. I bought it new with the system in 2003.
Thanks a lot!