Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The final Wii game ever, a true rarity

Aug 24, 2018 at 8:21:00 PM
guitarzombie (30)
< Ridley Wrangler >
New York
As someone that works with video games, I hate this console so fucking much and its garbage fucking library.

-------------------------
Mutant Virus strat thread.  Help each other finally put the nail in the coffin for this game, EVERY time.
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Aug 25, 2018 at 1:46:28 AM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Not surprised in the least that the Wii will continue to get releases beyond the Wii U.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Aug 25, 2018 at 10:11:09 PM
drclaw411 (14)
(Michael ) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
I love that this thread is still relevant.

Now collecting Smash Bros stuff!

Aug 25, 2018 at 11:11:39 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

You know the wii U is trash when devs are skipping it to release a wii game in 2019

LOL!

But I think the logic here is that they know it is compatible on Wii U anyway, and the Switch is the today console, so Wii U late ass games now fall in the Wii category by default.

Aug 26, 2018 at 5:06:36 AM
MrNESGuy (33)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California
Originally posted by: Andy_Bogomil

Originally posted by: quest4nes

Originally posted by: MrWunderful

You know the wii U is trash when devs are skipping it to release a wii game in 2019

quite the opposite. The wii u audience they know doesnt play that garbage.

haha, yeah, it's so garbage that the Switch stole 90% of its library  

Imagine how many kids who are going to be raised on the Switch as their main system are going to have their mind's blown in the future when they find out that another system before the Switch had earlier versions of their favorite games on it?  

Currently searching for the manual for Game Gear Sports Illustrated game.

Aug 26, 2018 at 9:55:46 PM
VmprHntrD (0)
< El Ripper >
United States
No the WiiU really is garbage, the only reason the Switch stole some of its library because while the console was a piece of shit with every conceivable problem going for it from design to delivery and future support, some games were fantastic. Why let years of work go to rot with poor sales only because the hardware sucked so hard it sucked the life out of the potential to do the sales the solid work deserved for the efforts. Just erase the blot of shame the WiiU was, take anything nice it had going for it, and re-release it on Switch so a real sizable audience can enjoy it and the makers feel the appreciation of their hard efforts instead of it being ignored. Switch is just a huge middle finger to the WiiU. It aped the mobile console design and didn't cripple it being tethered, made it not heavy and annoying to hold (compared), gave it a menu with a minuscule memory imprint that fires up instantly which the WiiU was horrible at both, and designed it so it can use modern engines without having to rewrite everything from scratch to run right. They took all the wrongs and did them right and then some, so definitely do carry over the games that didn't stink and I hope they continue to do so with what remains like Pikmin 3, Star Fox and others as pad around new releases.

Aug 27, 2018 at 2:16:37 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
^ While I don't disagree with you entirely, boy are you ever passionately hateful towards the Wii U. For what it was, it was a sweet system at the time. The Switch is basically the badass little brother, but at the time, the Wii U was awesome. Had they named it differently, marketed it stronger, and pushed more for 3rd party/Indy support - I think it would have held it's own. It's not like it was the Virtual Boy or something - kind of how you're talking down on it.

This is also kind of like saying a 1985 Dodge Caravan is supremely inferior to a 2015 Dodge Caravan based on all the various features - lol of course it is one came before the other.

Aug 27, 2018 at 2:36:03 PM
dry_bowser (17)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
I think the Wii U is awesome because it plays games from almost every past Nintendo console ever made (except Virtual Boy and 3DS). This alone might drive demand somewhere in the future.

Aug 27, 2018 at 2:40:43 PM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
The Wii U has some amazing games on it, but I would have a hard time defending the actual hardware. It makes perfect sense to port as many of the Wii U games over to the Switch line up as possible. As long as they are still releasing new/modern games on the Switch, having all of the Wii U ports can do no harm.

It's a shame what happened with the Wii U. It was the single best chance to get physical DS and 3DS games working on a home console, but they didn't go for it. With the Switch being a single screen console, it will never happen going forward. Time to move on and forget about it.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Aug 27, 2018 at 7:20:35 PM
Koopa64 (0)
(Koopinator ) < El Ripper >
Canada
Originally posted by: dry_bowser

I think the Wii U is awesome because it plays games from almost every past Nintendo console ever made (except Virtual Boy and 3DS). This alone might drive demand somewhere in the future.

Buy Wii U consoles and gamepad controllers while they're still cheap!!

Originally posted by: TDIRunner

The Wii U has some amazing games on it, but I would have a hard time defending the actual hardware. It makes perfect sense to port as many of the Wii U games over to the Switch line up as possible. As long as they are still releasing new/modern games on the Switch, having all of the Wii U ports can do no harm.

It's a shame what happened with the Wii U. It was the single best chance to get physical DS and 3DS games working on a home console, but they didn't go for it. With the Switch being a single screen console, it will never happen going forward. Time to move on and forget about it.

There are some DS games on the Wii U Virtual Console service for what it's worth.

Lover of Nintendo's original gray box since 2006

Jun 10 at 10:21:41 PM
bootload (8)

< El Ripper >
Alabama
Just Dance 2020 was announced for Wii today.

Jun 10 at 10:40:14 PM
A_Feisty_Pickle (6)

(Jeremy ) < Crack Trooper >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: bootload

Just Dance 2020 was announced for Wii today.

At this rate I'm never gonna get to stop dancing.

Jun 11 at 12:00:12 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Our great grandchildren's grandchildren will be posting in this very thread in the year 2106 when Ubisoft announces "Just Dance 100". A compilation of the first 100 years of Just Dance.

It will be released on the Microsoft PlayStation X, FaceGoogle Cerebral Interface, and the Nintendo Wii.

This will also coincidentally become the only game to ever be released. Every year....forever.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Jun 11 at 12:21:10 AM
guitarzombie (30)
< Ridley Wrangler >
New York
I fucking hate the Wii and I hope every console explodes at the same time.

Mutant Virus strat thread.  Help each other finally put the nail in the coffin for this game, EVERY time.
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jun 20 at 7:07:27 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
The Wii will never die.

Jun 20 at 7:23:25 PM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
I'm beginning to think that this can go on for a long time, and why not. Apparently hospitals use it to get people moving and considering that SNES consoles on roller carts and CRTs have been spotted in childrens wards for over 20 years, why can hospitals keep this franchise afloat for the Wii for another 10 years.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Jun 20 at 8:00:52 PM
Koopa64 (0)
(Koopinator ) < El Ripper >
Canada
Originally posted by: guitarzombie

I fucking hate the Wii and I hope every console explodes at the same time.

Why? It has good games, can run emulators and homebrew from SD / USB and they're really inexpensive, would be a shame to see the best rombox since the Dreamcast suddenly disappear.

Lover of Nintendo's original gray box since 2006

Jun 23 at 3:48:52 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
I got this image of a cabal of Just Dance enthusiasts out there who years ago achieved cult-like fanaticism, and every year they lobby Ubisoft incessantly to keep the Just Dance series going.