Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2015 Weekly Contests Presents: Bump n' Jump Contest ends Sunday, 9/20/15 at 11 PM NA time

Sep 13, 2015 at 2:23:04 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan
Hello everyone and welcome to the latest installment of the Weekly Contests!  This week’s game is going to be Bump n’ Jump.  Here are the rules:

• Play until Game Over
  • Take your picture on the Title Screen if you get a Game Over
  • No looping of the game allowed
  • If you beat the game, you must stop playing when it loops back to level 1.  Take your picture once the game loops back to the level 1.  You may not play any of the game after the loop.  You must stop playing and take your picture.  Anyone suspected of playing the game after the loop point will have their score disqualified.
  • Highest score wins
  • GENRE: Arcade

The contest ends Sunday, 9/20/15 at 11 PM NA time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun

-------------------------

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Sep 13, 2015 at 5:35:34 PM
bertsampson (11)
(Andrew Bradley) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
OFFICIAL SCOREBOARD
Bump n' Jump
(Arcade)

Place Score Username
1 330,850 bertsampson
2 285,370 BriGuy82
3 205,740 bearcat-doug
4 155,920 zobber
5 80,640 ninjistar
6 72,650 floydfan38
7 69,460 skinnygrinny
8 55,050 arnpoly
9 53,800 barrelsAndRivets

Edited: 09/21/2015 at 12:00 AM by bertsampson

Sep 14, 2015 at 1:04:54 AM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California

Edited: 09/18/2015 at 12:44 AM by barrels

Sep 14, 2015 at 1:08:51 AM
ninjistar (29)
(Mr E ) < El Ripper >
California
Haizara Ok!

This is my first time playing this game. I got to the repair screen.... and... well, I thought that was funny

Also, this game being played in the contests right now seems appropriate. Mad Max Fury Road was just released on Bluray.  Coincidence?  I think not!

On the hunt for prototypes...

Eat, sleep, collect, repeat.
[ YouTube ]   [ Twitter ]   [ Blog ]   [ RF Generation ]   [ VGCollect ]   [ NA WTB

Edited: 09/14/2015 at 01:14 AM by ninjistar

Sep 14, 2015 at 9:02:55 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

Edited: 09/15/2015 at 11:13 AM by bearcat-doug

Sep 14, 2015 at 10:01:53 AM
arnpoly (110)
(Aaron ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
I'm on vacation this week but I'm home until Friday. I should have time for at least a participation score.

Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 136
--------------------------------------------------
Next Game: #137 - Shadowgate
Latest Post - 10/11/19 - #130 - Bad Street Brawler
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

Sep 14, 2015 at 11:43:13 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: arnpoly

I'm on vacation this week but I'm home until Friday. I should have time for at least a participation score.

I don't like my chances this week. I think it took me about ten tries just to beat the default high score!

Sep 14, 2015 at 3:47:00 PM
arnpoly (110)
Illinois
Originally posted by: bearcat-doug

I don't like my chances this week. I think it took me about ten tries just to beat the default high score!

Goal acquired.

Take On The NES Library!

Sep 14, 2015 at 4:07:01 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

Goal acquired.

There are 16 levels in one loop, so I doubt that I'm going to have enough time to practice this week to finish the game. I may have to stick with my current score even though next week is a puzzle contest and I did awful the last time we played Yoshi.

Edited: 09/14/2015 at 04:47 PM by bearcat-doug

Sep 15, 2015 at 3:05:40 AM
ninjistar (29)
(Mr E ) < El Ripper >
California

I'm with you bearcat-doug on feeling a bit iffy on this one. I didn't beat the high score yet, though I'm rapidly improving. Hopefully, this is a kick-off score and I'll be back with a much bigger score later

On the hunt for prototypes...

Eat, sleep, collect, repeat.
[ YouTube ]   [ Twitter ]   [ Blog ]   [ RF Generation ]   [ VGCollect ]   [ NA WTB

Edited: 09/19/2015 at 07:36 PM by ninjistar

Sep 15, 2015 at 4:18:20 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: ninjistar

I didn't beat the high score yet, though I'm rapidly improving. Hopefully, this is a kick-off score and I'll be back with a much bigger score later
I think I've played this one before but I don't remember getting a high score :/

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Sep 15, 2015 at 7:15:53 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

I'm with you bearcat-doug on feeling a bit iffy on this one. I didn't beat the high score yet, though I'm rapidly improving. Hopefully, this is a kick-off score and I'll be back with a much bigger score later

Yeah, this game isn't kind to people playing it for the first time. The timing on the jumps can be tricky to start with, but it doesn't take long before the game starts putting obstacles on the other side. You basically need to know exactly where to land before you even make the jump, which is a bit cheap since you can't really adjust in mid air.

Sep 15, 2015 at 8:37:20 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

I didn't beat the high score yet, though I'm rapidly improving. Hopefully, this is a kick-off score and I'll be back with a much bigger score later

I think I've played this one before but I don't remember getting a high score :/

When I checked a YouTube video to see how many stages were in a loop, the guy playing only had a score of around 157k when he beat the game. I just skipped to the end to see what the last stage was without watching the entire video, but he must not have been going for a high score considering how many stages are in a single loop.

Edited: 09/15/2015 at 11:10 AM by bearcat-doug

Sep 15, 2015 at 2:24:31 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

I'm sure that you'll be back with a bigger score as soon as you get it figured out. The first few attempts can be really frustrating, but it gets easier once you're more familiar with the tracks. Being able to loop the game probably takes quite a bit of practice, but I'm sure there will be some good scores by the end of the week.

Sep 16, 2015 at 12:13:29 PM
arnpoly (110)
Illinois
Tried this out last night and I'm starting to get the hang of it. I beat the default high score at least.

I did a little research and I couldn't find any way to gain extra lives. That's just mean! It would take a lot of practice and luck to be able to finish all 16 levels on only 3 lives!

I'll be posting my score tomorrow before I skip town for the weekend.

Take On The NES Library!

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:22:16 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Hey bearcat, nice score.

Are you a bengals fan?

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:40:32 PM
bertsampson (11)
(Andrew Bradley) < Meka Chicken >
Washington

photo IMAG1614_zpslvcxto1x.jpg

Edited: 09/20/2015 at 10:45 PM by bertsampson

Sep 16, 2015 at 2:39:56 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

Hey bearcat, nice score.

Are you a bengals fan?

Thanks. I doubt that I'll have a chance to try and do any better this week, but at least I got a chance to post something solid going into Yoshi week. I'm a Bengals fan even though they've been terrible for most of my life (they even lost the only two Super Bowls they were in). It's tough being a Cincinnati sports fan in general. The Bearcats basketball team seems to always lose in the 2nd or 3rd round of the NCAA Tournament, the football team keeps losing their bowl games and the Reds and Bengals can't make it past the first round of the playoffs.

Sep 16, 2015 at 2:48:08 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

Tried this out last night and I'm starting to get the hang of it. I beat the default high score at least.

I did a little research and I couldn't find any way to gain extra lives. That's just mean! It would take a lot of practice and luck to be able to finish all 16 levels on only 3 lives!

You get an extra life for every 100k points you score. The manual shows a "bonus" icon that it says "gives you one more car", but I don't remember seeing any. I think it's the icon that takes you to the repair center and all I remember it doing is refilling your fuel, not giving you an extra car.

Sep 16, 2015 at 2:58:06 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California

You get an extra life for every 100k points you score. The manual shows a "bonus" icon that it says "gives you one more car", but I don't remember seeing any. I think it's the icon that takes you to the repair center and all I remember it doing is refilling your fuel, not giving you an extra car.

you can also get extra lives from the dumptrucks. Occasionally (and I haven't figured out why), they will dump a 1UP instead of the usual load of crap. On one run I actually picked 2 of these up between levels 1-3, but ended up squandering the lives away. 

Edited: 09/16/2015 at 02:59 PM by barrels

Sep 16, 2015 at 3:05:33 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: barrelsAndRivets

you can also get extra lives from the dumptrucks. Occasionally (and I haven't figured out why), they will dump a 1UP instead of the usual load of crap. On one run I actually picked 2 of these up between levels 1-3, but ended up squandering the lives away. 

Is this "bonus" icon what they drop? I figured that was just the repair center icon since there's no mention of it anywhere else in the manual.

Sep 16, 2015 at 3:14:03 PM
arnpoly (110)
Illinois

Okay cool, thanks guys! When I said I did a little research I guess I really meant a little! Lol!

I have yet to see the repair center either. My next goal.

Take On The NES Library!

Sep 16, 2015 at 3:31:47 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California

Is this "bonus" icon what they drop? I figured that was just the repair center icon since there's no mention of it anywhere else in the manual.

yep that's it! maybe i've had some dumb luck, I see them on almost every playthrough, and I have yet to get past area 4

Sep 16, 2015 at 3:38:34 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

Okay cool, thanks guys! When I said I did a little research I guess I really meant a little! Lol!

I have yet to see the repair center either. My next goal.

The repair center icon looks like a blue spark plug. If I hadn't hit one by accident, I would've thought it was a random road hazard.

Sep 16, 2015 at 3:40:47 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

yep that's it! maybe i've had some dumb luck, I see them on almost every playthrough, and I have yet to get past area 4

I don't remember seeing one, but if the dump trucks drop them, I probably jumped over it. I don't know why it couldn't just say "1 UP" instead of looking like an 8 bit New England Patriots logo.   Edit: I finally managed to get one, but I probably crashed a half dozen times trying.

Edited: 09/16/2015 at 05:57 PM by bearcat-doug