NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Award Announcements and Suggestions New Award Announced! 4/9/15

LOCKED TOPIC

May 12, 2012 at 2:56:24 AM
EffinT (1)
(Terry Burr) < Tourian Tourist >
North Carolina
i agree with the non-nintendo franchises not really needing awards on this specific site. i dislike halo enough to adblock the images if that happened, keeping my browsing ninty-pure.

Edited: 05/12/2012 at 02:56 AM by EffinT

May 12, 2012 at 10:04:15 PM
KingYoshi (66)
(William Reed) < Meka Chicken >
Virginia
I agree that TMNT and Madden should have their own awards. I also like the hands free controller, the DKC Competition Cart, and Star Fox Super Weekend.

I will also suggest a Megami Tensei award.
Here is my case for this becoming an icon...

- There are plenty of games in the series to meet the quantity standards.
- In Japan, this is considered the third largest RPG franchise behind only Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest.
- The series sales very well in Japan and has a big cult following outside Japan as well.
- Nearly every game in the series was highly praised and highly rated by American and Japanese media.
- Jack Bros. alone would make this a difficult icon to achieve. The PS1 titles are also pretty pricey and hard to come by. Good challenge.
- The series started as a Nintendo exclusive for Famicom and carried over to the Super Famicom before coming to America on Playstation.
- There have already been 4+ members ask about this becoming an icon in the other thread.

Here is what the icon would be (of course )
http://i528.photobucket.com/album...

Games List:
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (PS2)
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey (NDS)
Revelations Persona (PS1)
Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP)
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PS1)
Persona 3 (PS2)
Persona 4 (PS2)
Digital Devil Saga (PS2)
Digital Devil Saga 2 (PS2)
Devil Summoner (PS2)
Devil Summoner 2 (PS2)
Revelations: The Demon Slayer (GBC)
DemiKids (GBA)
Devil Survivor (NDS)
Devil Survivor 2 (NDS)
Jack Bros. (VB)(could be excluded I suppose, but I wouldn't exclude it)

-------------------------
Check out my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...
PLEASE contact me immediately if you have any of the following orphans for sale....Rule of Rose (PS2) manual only, Kuon (PS2) case and manual only, Haunting Ground (PS2) case and manual only.

Edited: 05/12/2012 at 10:06 PM by KingYoshi

May 14, 2012 at 3:22:45 PM
startyde (3)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Series award suggestion: Tekken. Huge worldwide Tournament Scene. Numbered series up to 6, not including TTT, Hybrid, Adnace or SF X TK. Several movies, live action and not. Clearly a contender for a series.

May 14, 2012 at 3:28:37 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Halo
TMNT
Mario Party
Twisted Metal

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

May 14, 2012 at 3:39:33 PM
SamSpade (61)
(Joey Pimkowski) < Bowser >
California
How about a Street Fighter series award, I have a feeling that is a totally daunting ass task to commit to but c'mon, it's Street Fighter! Same deal with Fatal Fury. I second the TMNT award. I think it would be Rad to have a Star Wars one as well.

I'd love to see an award for console MVS owners.

May 14, 2012 at 3:41:11 PM
MrClutch (161)
(Ron W) < King Solomon >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: SamSpade

How about a Street Fighter series award, I have a feeling that is a totally daunting ass task to commit to but c'mon, it's Street Fighter! Same deal with Fatal Fury. I second the TMNT award. I think it would be Rad to have a Star Wars one as well.

There's already a Street Fighter series award Pimkowski!

Let me remove the eggplant curse.

May 14, 2012 at 3:46:21 PM
SamSpade (61)
(Joey Pimkowski) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: MrClutch

Originally posted by: SamSpade

There's already a Street Fighter series award Pimkowski!

Sorry, my bad. I've yet to see anyone with one so I kinda assumed it didn't exist. lol. I'm curious what it looks like now!

Might as well add this up for consideration, how about a Spider-Man series award? There's a boat load of them and I'm a pretty dedicated fan. I even have Spider-Man bathroom slippers, not that I'd admit that to anyone at my work of course.

EDIT to add: How about an Import icon? I've been focusing on Japanese imports for the last year now so having one similar to the 25+ repros or Pirate icon would be awesome.

Edited: 05/14/2012 at 03:51 PM by SamSpade

May 14, 2012 at 5:02:03 PM
mcpoogle (1)
(David S) < Tourian Tourist >
United Kingdom
Complete Wonderswan set would be cool Separating B&W/Colour the same as it's done for GB.

May 14, 2012 at 9:34:51 PM
spoonman (66)
(Matt - The Obsessed Gamer) < Ridley Wrangler >
New York
I've posted this in the other forum, but since we have a new forum for this sort of stuff I'll paste it here.

Suggestion box offerings...

Twisted Metal    

Game  Systems Year
Twisted Metal PSX 1995
Twisted Metal 2 PSX 1996
Twisted Metal III PSX 1998
Twisted Metal 4 PSX 1999
Twisted Metal: Small Brawl PSX 2001
Twisted Metal Black PS2 2001
Twisted Metal: Head-On PSP 2005
Twisted Metal PS3 2012

Extras: guides, posters, figures, promos, Greatest Hits versions.
Twisted Metal: Black Online (2002)
Twisted Metal: Head-On: Extra Twisted Edition (2008)

GOD OF WAR    

Game  Systems Year
God of War PS2 2005
God of War 2 PS2 2007
God of War: Chains of Olympus PSP 2008
God of War III PS3 2010
God of War: Collection PS3 2009
God of War: Origins Collection PS3 2011
And soon.... God of War: Ascension                     PS3 2012

Fun extras....
God of War: Betrayal (Java port), Figures, Guides, Posters, promotional displays, etc.

PUNCH-OUT!!    

Game  Systems Year
Mike Tyson's Punch Out!! NES 1987
Punch-Out!! (Mr. Dream) NES 1990
Super Punch-Out!! SNES 1994
Punch-Out!! (Wii) Wii 2009

Short, but sweet series! with some cool extras to thow in too..
stickers, figurines, and more...

A few others I've seen mentioned would also be worth considering. Halo, even though I don't have many seems
to worthy in many people's eyes.

Video Game Magazine Freak!
I've seen the awards for complete NP and Fun Club News sets, but how about a Video Game Magazine Freak award for those who have a complete set of a big gaming mag such as GamePro, GameFan, Electronic Gaming Monthly, or Video Games & Computer Entertainment?

May 15, 2012 at 12:18:41 AM
Suikoman444 (67)
(Nick Chernick) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
As far as series that I feel like deserve awards:

We don't have awards for these series that have more than 10 games:
Wario (14 Games in the platforming and WarioWare Series, there's also Wario's Woods and Wario Blast)
Spyro the Dragon (14 games)
Shin Megami Tensei (16 games)
Dance Dance Revolution (26 games)
Tekken (11 games)
Tales (10 games)
Harvest Moon (25 games)
Dynasty Warriors (30+ games)
Romance of the Three Kingdoms (10 games)
Monster Rancher (12 games)

Other ones that are pretty close to having more than 10 games in the US, at least:
Suikoden (7 games)
SaGa (7 games, there's also the Last Remnant which plays pretty similarly)
Mana (7 games)
Soul Edge/Calibur (8 games)
Atelier (8 games)
Dragon Slayer/Legend of Heroes/Xanadu (9 games)
Ultima (8 games)
Nobunaga's Ambition (7 games)

May 15, 2012 at 12:52:15 AM
Bardoly (24)

(R. Daniel Williams) < Eggplant Wizard >
Indiana
Originally posted by: take

i agree with the non-nintendo franchises not really needing awards on this specific site. i dislike halo enough to adblock the images if that happened, keeping my browsing ninty-pure.

I agree with the above.  I feel that awards for series should be limited to series which started on Nintendo systems or have had many titles for Nintendo systems.  The Playstation-only series and the X-Box-only series just don't seem to fit with this site very well.

That being said, how about one of the most beloved series - and it's a Nintendo-exclusive series - Lufia!
 - No, there are (sadly) only 5 titles which have been released, and I'm sure that to get an award, the number of titles should be much closer to 10 or higher.

May 15, 2012 at 1:38:04 AM
Soera (164)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Oklahoma
Id be scared to see who has the full DDR collection. Ive always been shocked there wasnt a pac man collection to be honest. Before Mario and DK and all this other crap, there was the little yellow C looking thing kicking ghost ass!

May 15, 2012 at 2:03:39 AM
Busdriverj (102)
(Jason Faulkenberry) < Lolo Lord >
North Carolina
Bump for Madden, lol.

But seriously, I totally agree with the PacMan icon idea. Its just pure "Icon"ic... Yeah, that just happened

Even though some of the idea put out are really good, I do kinda agree with the whole "If it never came out on a Nintendo platform, it doesnt belong here" statements. Twisted Metal is an amazing series, but no Nintendo kinda puts it out of perspective. Tekken is also another amazing series (One of my fav fighting games of all time). Problem is they didnt release it on Nintendo until this year, 17 years later.

I do love the Punch-Out idea. Short series but, like Earthbound, the extras are gonna be the key to this.

May 15, 2012 at 2:19:00 AM
Shyft (24)
(X X) < Meka Chicken >
Victoria
How about an Earthworm Jim icon?

Bring me the head of Earthworm Jim.......... or any Earthworm Jim games or merchandise you have.

May 15, 2012 at 2:08:19 PM
ag1052 (36)
(Alex Guerra) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
what is the pi icon for?

May 15, 2012 at 2:20:52 PM
sheikah (58)
(Herb Dorr) < Meka Chicken >
New Jersey
A Simpson Award would be cool imo, as would a Halo one. I don't see what the problem with having non-nintendo related icons honestly.

George Costanza Sex Bonanza

May 15, 2012 at 3:29:09 PM
spoonman (66)
New York
Originally posted by: sheikah

A Simpson Award would be cool imo, as would a Halo one. I don't see what the problem with having non-nintendo related icons honestly.
Love the Simpsons, but if the award requires The Simpson's Wrestling you can count me out!

Halo, I have no problem with.

Originally posted by: Soera

Id be scared to see who has the full DDR collection. Ive always been shocked there wasnt a pac man collection to be honest. Before Mario and DK and all this other crap, there was the little yellow C looking thing kicking ghost ass!
Pac-Man would be a tough one. There are so many Pac-Man games on nearly every system. I wouldn't want to be the one to open that can of worms!.... which leads me to Earthworm Jim.
Yes! I am all for that. Just as long as EWJ Special Edition is in there I'd be all for it.

May 15, 2012 at 3:51:02 PM
Soera (164)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Oklahoma
But being tough is the reason it should be considered! A lot of the stuff thats being mentioned doesnt really require more than a trip to the local game store to rummage through their bargain bin. I think the icons should be tough to acquire.

May 15, 2012 at 3:52:23 PM
rokubungi (164)
(The Guardian) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
How about one for having 'every' Nintendo retail system(no variants though so no play it loud gameboys or n64 colors required)

the list would be at least the following

NES toaster
Top loader NES
SNES
snes 2
N64
Gamecube
Wii

Gameboy
Gameboy pocket
Gameboy color
Virtual Boy
GBA
GBA sp
gameboy micro
DS
DS lite
DSi XL
DSi
3ds

or just an icon for 25+ consoles

If you have any GBA signage or kiosk I would be interested. Please send me a PM because I'm only here about once a month now but I'm still VERY interested in large system signage or small playable kiosks related to the GBA.

Edited: 05/15/2012 at 06:20 PM by rokubungi

May 15, 2012 at 4:52:09 PM
spoonman (66)
New York
Originally posted by: Soera

But being tough is the reason it should be considered! A lot of the stuff thats being mentioned doesnt really require more than a trip to the local game store to rummage through their bargain bin. I think the icons should be tough to acquire.
I meant tough for the NintendoTwizer to sort it all out!

There are so many versions, & spin-offs for this one. If you include Ms. Pac-Man then you're going to have to include
a ton of others.. Pac-Man Plus, Jr. Pac-Man, Pac-Land, Pac-Mania, Pac-Man Vs., Super Pac-Man, Pac-Man 2,
Pac-In-Time, Pac N' Roll, Pac-Man Pinball, Adventures in Time,Pac-Pix,  Pac-Man Championship, The Pac-Man World games, The racing games. Just to name a few...

May 15, 2012 at 5:02:04 PM
Soera (164)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Oklahoma
Yeah I will agree that are more Pac-Man games than any one person probably cares to own. But, if its the same as most of the icons, only the original releases and anything else would apply. Although you are probably right and its most likely still 3-4 dozen games. Definitely shows fan status though!!

May 15, 2012 at 6:11:23 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
Thanks everyone for the great ideas so far. Keep them coming.

May 15, 2012 at 11:04:14 PM
Bardoly (24)

(R. Daniel Williams) < Eggplant Wizard >
Indiana
I agree that these awards should be more for 'fans' of a series rather than simply lists of games for people to acquire in order to get an award icon.

May 17, 2012 at 12:55:48 AM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Originally posted by: Bardoly

I agree that these awards should be more for 'fans' of a series rather than simply lists of games for people to acquire in order to get an award icon.
That is why there is a requirement of 5 aditional items. To show that you are a true fan and not just another collector.

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

May 17, 2012 at 11:37:32 PM
Duke.Togo (114)
(Christopher Cantrell) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
How about a Famicom and Famicom Disk System award. Maybe for 100+ Famicom or FDS game award. I'd second a Racermate award, but I think cart and controller plug should be enough to qualify.