Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Legend of Link NEW!!!!! For sale Saturday

Sep 7, 2014 at 7:03:04 PM
rjsn83 (1)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Nick ) < El Ripper >
England
Beautiful piece.

Not cheap either

-------------------------

Sep 7, 2014 at 8:47:33 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Order placed, really looking forward to seeing it in action. I dusted off the original earlier today and played through a few dungeons until football got started

Just trying to have it fresh on my mind before I jump into this game.

Sep 7, 2014 at 10:24:15 PM
neodolphino (179)
(Justin ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
*Deleted due to my own stupidity*

Edited: 09/07/2014 at 10:29 PM by neodolphino

Sep 7, 2014 at 10:29:17 PM
neodolphino (179)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: FlashbackRyan

The set of 30 will be numbered. Also , one thing I've thinking about the past few days was to have some COA's made up for the set of 50. I used to do projects for a company I ran a few years back and we would put these little 4"x4" COA's into the projects ad people loved them. I guess it's possible to get it done this week. Let me get back to everyone on this.

Ryan

I ordered mine a few hours back. Any way to tell if we got in on one of the first 30 that are numbered (or did you mean to say 50)?  Or is this completely unrelated to these first ones you are releasing..?  As in, your numbered release will come after the initial release..??  Seems counterintuitive. XD

Edited: 09/07/2014 at 10:44 PM by neodolphino

Sep 7, 2014 at 10:54:57 PM
FlashbackRyan (1)

(Ryan Williams) < Tourian Tourist >
Kentucky
This round of 50 are not numbered. Why I was referring to is the second run of these games tht we are doing for the holiday. We are planning , with infidelity , to do a limited edition tin set. This set will be limited to 30. These are the ones that will be numbered. I'm having COA's made up this week for this lot of 50 that we just sold. These won't be numbered but will say "one of a limited edition of 50 copies" or something to that effect.

Sorry if I confused anyone.

We still have 12 left if anyone still wants one. Thank you all for your support. And I am glad to see so many NA members turning out.

Ryan.

Sep 7, 2014 at 10:57:30 PM
FlashbackRyan (1)

Kentucky
Yes , I still have a bunch of mario adv. Boxes. I'm jut waiting on the manuals before relisting.

And yes , I will post a sneak of the manual. But only after I've shipped the orders that are already made. I don't want to ruin the surprise for anyone.

Sep 7, 2014 at 11:08:10 PM
FlashbackRyan (1)

Kentucky
Also, the "contact us" tab is fully functional now. Our web developer discovered how dumb I can be sometimes today and fixed it. Evidently I had the site sending emails from no one. So they wouldn't go out. This had been fixed. Thanks to nlink solutions. Naren, our developer is a godsend. He keeps the site fully functional for us and we couldNt do it without him.

So if anyone has any questions about anything please feel free to email us via the website.

Sep 8, 2014 at 12:32:45 AM
neodolphino (179)
Pennsylvania
Sent a PM with more questions XD

Sep 8, 2014 at 5:49:43 PM
Malachi Constant (2)
< Eggplant Wizard >
What's a COA? A Certificate of Authenticity?

Sep 8, 2014 at 6:24:04 PM
FlashbackRyan (1)

Kentucky
Originally posted by: Malachi Constant

What's a COA? A Certificate of Authenticity?

Yes.

Sep 8, 2014 at 7:55:48 PM
Malachi Constant (2)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Oh, that sounds like a very nice touch. I would definitely appreciate it.

Sep 9, 2014 at 11:04:13 AM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Version 1.5 was released earlier today

Sep 9, 2014 at 8:59:01 PM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
I have decided to wait until the game is fully completed. I would hate to get an unfinished version of the game.

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Sep 9, 2014 at 10:57:53 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: thesubcon3

I have decided to wait until the game is fully completed. I would hate to get an unfinished version of the game.

I am hoping that Ryan holds off on production of the first 50 until the game is fully completed.

I believe that is the working plan

Sep 11, 2014 at 5:16:26 AM
dannyplante (60)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Quebec
Originally posted by: Br81zad

I am hoping that Ryan holds off on production of the first 50 until the game is fully completed.

i hope at 185$ cdn i have a fully completed game

Edited: 09/11/2014 at 05:20 AM by dannyplante

Sep 11, 2014 at 5:20:52 AM
dannyplante (60)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Quebec
v2 is out

Sep 11, 2014 at 10:16:58 AM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: dannyplante

Originally posted by: Br81zad

i hope at 185$ cdn i have a fully completed game

I agree with you 100%

Sep 11, 2014 at 10:43:20 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Is the final ROM going to have the patch released, or is this the only way to get it?

Sep 11, 2014 at 12:01:27 PM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

Is the final ROM going to have the patch released, or is this the only way to get it?
I hope it is exclusive to the cart. 

Also I ended up breaking down and bought a copy. 

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Sep 11, 2014 at 12:08:50 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

I think that is a bit of a bad attitude about it, since it is already clear that it is a huge pain to play it on real hardware (so it's not like we'll be awash in imitations).

But at least let people enjoy it on an emulator.

The perceived additional value of the total package and being able to play on real hardware will still hold up in the long run.

Edited: 09/11/2014 at 12:09 PM by arch_8ngel

Sep 11, 2014 at 12:39:15 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky

I think that is a bit of a bad attitude about it, since it is already clear that it is a huge pain to play it on real hardware (so it's not like we'll be awash in imitations).

The perceived additional value of the total package and being able to play on real hardware will still hold up in the long run.

I agree, let the ROM be free. I've already ordered and am eagerly awaiting my copy. $145 was steeper than I had anticipated, but I feel it's reasonable considering the work that went into it.

Rom hacks should always be released to the public. If it's a great hack, then I'm more than happy to pony up the money to play it on original hardware. As for my stance on exclusion by use of hardware only releases of hack, please see my sig.

Sep 11, 2014 at 3:12:02 PM
neodolphino (179)
Pennsylvania

I just wish they would make something about this initial release special from future releases since we are taking the dive first, and have been supporting this project (and still are, by buying this release... not to mention if any bugs are found post release, the newer releases will most likely get better performing versions on them).  I also am a bit irked about the 30 coming out for the holiday season.  It makes me wonder what the advantage is of buying this now, over buying that (or a later release) later.  I get that it is a pain in the ass to make and it certainly is a pretty slick looking package, but throw us some kind of bone

Edited: 09/11/2014 at 03:12 PM by neodolphino

Sep 11, 2014 at 3:14:39 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: neodolphino

I just wish they would make something about this initial release special from future releases since we are taking the dive first, and have been supporting this project (and still are, by buying this release... not to mention if any bugs are found post release, the newer releases will most likely get better performing versions on them).  I also am a bit irked about the 30 coming out for the holiday season.  It makes me wonder what the advantage is of buying this now, over buying that (or a later release) later.  I get that it is a pain in the ass to make and it certainly is a pretty slick looking package, but throw us some kind of bone

I think the apparent advantage of buying it now would be the guarantee of actually getting one, whereas depending on how they are made, future releases might not happen due to hardware supply shortages, for instance.

(or for later versions they might bump it down to cart-only, to save on the hassle of printing, who knows...)

Sep 11, 2014 at 3:15:31 PM
neodolphino (179)
Pennsylvania

I think the apparent advantage of buying it now would be the guarantee of actually getting one, whereas depending on how they are made, future releases might not happen due to hardware supply shortages, for instance.

(or for later versions they might bump it down to cart-only, to save on the hassle of printing, who knows...)

Very valid point, but you know how we collectors are... IT HAS TO BE SPECIAL! XD

Sep 11, 2014 at 3:19:52 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California

Why do you need to have an advantage? If you want a cart to play, buy it. If you just want to support the guy who did the rom, paypal gift him some cash or something. 

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion