Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

*ENDED* Armed For Battle Homebrew Limited Edition Auction Ends Thurs, June 5, 10pm (NA Time) -- High Bids $420 & $410

LOCKED TOPIC

May 30, 2014 at 2:20:15 AM
rizz (9)
(Frank Westphal) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRETY OF THIS THREAD BEFORE YOU BID!!!!

I am extremely pleased to finally release Armed For Battle on the Nintendo Entertainment System.  This game will allow you to experience the genre of real time strategy on the Nintendo.  Armed For Battle has been in progress since August of 2011, and I have poured a LOT of time into working out all details, and refining it until it gave me the gaming experience I was looking for.  It has gone through extensive makeovers more than once until I was happy with the end result.

for the game

The Demo is available at my blog:
1010howe.blogspot.com

This auction is being done in similar fashion to Khan’s Study Hall auction, and MRN’s The Grind auction.  I look at them both as awesome homebrewers, and I encourage you to check out their past and future productions.

The Limited Edition of Armed For Battle will include the following:
  • Unique Limited Edition Cartridge (blue), with the label noted as Limited Edition
  • Unique Limited Edition Box (with dust sleeve & spacer), numbered from 01-40
  • Instruction manual – 24 pages in color
  • CD containing ROM files made during the development of the game.  You’ll see how the game looked and played as it went from the earliest stages until the finished product that it has become.  There will be a total of 13 files to play around with.
  • Also on the CD will be working source code from an early version of the game.  The source code can be used as a learning tool if you are trying to develop your own game.  If you have completed Nerdy Nights, this is a great chance to see and play around with code from a more developed game.  You can even email me with questions about how specific areas of the code works (hopefully I’ll have an answer for you).
  • 2 Collectible magnets featuring characters from the game (1 good, 1 evil).  The magnets have been made so that certain characters are more rare than others.
  • Massive Battle Scene picture (approx. 5x7)
  • The Title Screen will feature unique graphics (i.e. “LIMITED EDITION  01/40" )
  • The Game will have Cheat Options that can be set to On/Off on the title screen.   With the cheat feature, you can add +300 to all your resources any time you press the start button.  When on the upgrade screen, you will instantly max out an individual upgrade with the start button.
  • Every copy of Armed for Battle, both Regular Edition and Limited Edition, will have 2 bonus levels, but the Limited Edition will have an additional 2 “LE Only” bonus levels in the game’s story mode.
  • The Top 2 bidders will have their name inserted into the game!  With 12 alpha numeric characters, a name of your choice will be inserted into the game’s story mode for the 2 bonus levels found in every Regular Edition and Limited Edition game.  Again, these are not the “LE Only” bonus levels, but the bonus levels that are played by all.

There are pictures of the items above on my blog:
 http://1010howe.blogspot.com/p/limited-edition.html

Bidding Rules:

You only get to place ONE bid.  This will be your ONLY BID.

When you bid, specify the Name you would like to have used in the game, in case you are one of the Top 2 Bidders (see more details above).  You have 12 characters for this name, and can use any upper or lower case letter, numbers, or the 3 characters ?!/.  If I judge your name as too vulgar/offensive/lewd/crude, I might reject it and ask for a different name.  I am asking for this Name during the bidding, so that the LE’s can be made immediately after the auction ends – I’ll be quick to handle any name rejections during the auction.

The Auction will run for approximately a 48 hour period.  The start of the auction will be June 3, 10pm NA time.  The end of the auction will be June 5, 10pm NA time (however, any bid prior to June 3 is welcome).
The auction will be extended 3 minutes from the original posted end time if there is bidding activity within the last 3 minutes. If there are any further bids during this extended period, the auction will be extended a further 3 minutes from the time of the bid. This process will continue until 3 minutes elapses between bids.  If a bid should happen to come in at just over 3 minutes (3:03 or even 3:05), this will be considered within the 3 minute guideline.

For the big collectors out there, anyone putting in a bid of $300 or more can specify “2 Limited Edition copies.”  The second copy will cost half the price of your bid (buy one, get the second for half off).  Your bid amount should show the cost of the First Copy only, not the combined cost.
(example – “$325, 2 LE copies”  << this bid would get 2 LE’s for $487.50)

The top 2 bidders will get to choose their numbers.

Only 40 Limited Edition copies of Armed For Battle will exist, and they will be numbered on the Box and on the Title Screen of the game.  This auction is for Limited Edition Copies from 02 through 30 (29 copies).  Here is a breakdown of the 40 copies:
01 & 40 are copies for me.  #40 might have plans pertaining to a future homebrew.
02 through 30 are for auction right now
31 through 35 will be auctioned later (perhaps 6 or 12 months, or perhaps prior to my next homebrew release)
36 Chris Johnson
37 Johannes Reinders
38 Dain
39 SoleGooseProductions
There is a slight possibility that the 5x7 Massive Battle Scene picture and the Collectible Magnets could be used for marketing, and more than 40 could be made (at this time, there are only 40).  The Collectible Magnets have been made with varying rarities, and if I product more, I will keep the rarity ratios.

After the close of the auction, send your payment via paypal or personal check within a week of the auction end.
Shipping will be free to a U.S. address, $6 to Canada, or $12 elsewhere.  Your game will be ready to ship around the week of June 15th.

I do have one bid that will be sent to me via PM.  Update: this private bid has been submitted, and is now part of the auction (posted in the thread approximately 3:00pm).

Thank you for your support of NES homebrew.  It’s really exciting to have my game played by others, and I look forward to the next project, whatever that might be.

rizz1010 / Frank

----------------------------------------------------

Here is my final tally.  If any information seems to be inaccurate, please bring it to my attention.

No. Amount Bidder
1 420 Matthew Hawn
2 410 anonymous
3 300 NeoZanac
4 200 DoNotWant
5 178 Silius
6 175 Koanex
7 170 ZeldaFreak
8 150 Dreadmoc
9 146.66 Clyde The Jackal
10 140 bigunitsllc
11 136 Red
12 135 K3VBOT
13 135 Kach
14 133 neodolphino
15 133 sephiaya
16 132 Holy-SNES
17 132 gullavoie
18 131.50 jashcr1
19 131 mattbep
20 130 Mario's Right Nut
21 130 dewisp02
22 127 BreaKBeatZ
23 126.25 acarwngs55
24 126 elprincipe
25 125 jump man95
26 125 LucasWeatherby
27 123.45 lospunchados
28 123 daillest
29 122 nikospeyer

-------------------------

My Development Blog

Edited: 06/07/2014 at 06:08 PM by rizz

May 30, 2014 at 2:25:23 AM
vladictivo (112)
(Vladi ) < Lolo Lord >
Mexico

Keeping it custom: vladictivo.deviantart.com

May 30, 2014 at 5:24:13 AM
Mordecai the Mad (0)

(Nonya Business) < Cherub >
United States

May 30, 2014 at 7:12:47 AM
Dreadmoc (18)
(Iron Worker) < Eggplant Wizard >
Colorado
$150

May 30, 2014 at 9:00:43 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California

May 30, 2014 at 9:32:40 AM
mastrtonberry (1)
< Tourian Tourist >
Pennsylvania

May 30, 2014 at 10:37:26 AM
Hananas (1)
(Johannes Reinders) < Crack Trooper >
Netherlands
woohoo it's out

May 30, 2014 at 11:13:25 AM
Commander Santa (178)
(Santa ) < King Solomon >
New York
I suggest to everyone to check out the demo video in the OP if you don't know what this is.
Watched the whole thing and I cannot imagine how difficult it was to program for this game.

...Perhaps $77.00 will be enough to procure a copy?

Santa's 8-bit Xmas Hall of Heroes
bunnyboy, psychobear85, superbobby, captmorgandrinker, guillavoie, KHAN Games (backup from Jon Solo), fsped09 & zi

May 30, 2014 at 11:13:52 AM
BreaKBeatZ (59)
< Lolo Lord >
District of Columbia
I'll probably bid on this, but you might want to specify whether the bids above count. It was kind of buried in your post that the start of the auction is on June 3rd at 10pm.

May 30, 2014 at 11:20:41 AM
Mega Mario Man (63)
(Tim ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
Originally posted by: BreaKBeatZ

I'll probably bid on this, but you might want to specify whether the bids above count. It was kind of buried in your post that the start of the auction is on June 3rd at 10pm.

"The start of the auction will be June 3, 10pm NA time.  The end of the auction will be June 5, 10pm NA time (however, any bid prior to June 3 is welcome)"

Current Project
Isometric Survival Horror

Older Projects
Tailgate Party, Power Pad Demo, Happy Hour

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

May 30, 2014 at 11:23:29 AM
Commander Santa (178)
(Santa ) < King Solomon >
New York
Originally posted by: BreaKBeatZ

My reading attention span the last 48 hours has been terrible.

... You are correct BreaK.

It appears the bids will not be valid then until June 3rd.
I hope my bid does not disqualify me from the running.

Santa's 8-bit Xmas Hall of Heroes
bunnyboy, psychobear85, superbobby, captmorgandrinker, guillavoie, KHAN Games (backup from Jon Solo), fsped09 & zi

May 30, 2014 at 12:46:00 PM
rizz (9)
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: Commander Santa

I suggest to everyone to check out the demo video in the OP if you don't know what this is.
Watched the whole thing and I cannot imagine how difficult it was to program for this game.

haha... very
I'm hoping it's good practice for whatever the next project is.

And Mega Mario Man has the correct answer...
You can bid right now, and it will count toward the auction.  I was kinda shocked to see bids coming in already, figuring that people would hold off to see how the numbers are panning out.

My Development Blog

May 30, 2014 at 12:56:32 PM
rizz (9)
Wisconsin
One more thing - if you are in contention for a High Bid, please include a name for your character when you place your bid. If you are going to bid later on, you have some time now to think about what name you'd like to see in the game.

My Development Blog

May 30, 2014 at 1:19:29 PM
njb2007 (68)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
The fact that I (we) have the possibility to put a "name" in this is absolutely awesome. Easily one of the top 3 reasons why I'll be bidding. You mentioned "PMing a bid". If that happens, can we be informed of the amount so that if we wanted our name in the game, we would be able to know the amount to overbid?

FT/FO Thread - From SNES CIB, 3DO, Dreamcast, NES, N64 and much more:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

May 30, 2014 at 2:28:13 PM
Dreadmoc (18)
(Iron Worker) < Eggplant Wizard >
Colorado
Originally posted by: njb2007

The fact that I (we) have the possibility to put a "name" in this is absolutely awesome. Easily one of the top 3 reasons why I'll be bidding. You mentioned "PMing a bid". If that happens, can we be informed of the amount so that if we wanted our name in the game, we would be able to know the amount to overbid?

I would use my son's name, but I figured at $150 I'm barely in the running for an LE.

May 30, 2014 at 3:30:39 PM
rizz (9)
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: njb2007

I was hoping that others would think this is a very cool thing (glad to hear the praise).

To the best of my ability, the moment I receive that PM with the bid, I will make the amount known.

My Development Blog

May 31, 2014 at 3:54:14 AM
danny boyx (39)
(Pat Stoddard) < Meka Chicken >
United States
I'll throw out a bid of $85.00 in hopes it will net me a copy.

May 31, 2014 at 11:35:33 AM
DuarteDF (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Portugal
Do you ship overseas? I'm guessing the shipping costs will be added to the amount bid, right?

May 31, 2014 at 12:13:54 PM
rizz (9)
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: DuarteDF

Do you ship overseas? I'm guessing the shipping costs will be added to the amount bid, right?

Yes! Shipping to Portugal would be $12 added to the bid amount.

My Development Blog

Edited: 05/31/2014 at 06:25 PM by rizz

May 31, 2014 at 8:26:53 PM
Clyde The Jackal (172)
(My Name is Chris) < Kraid Killer >
New York
Am I allowed to throw in a bid for another copy? Either way, I'm super excited that the day is almost here! Really cool that you were able get colored carts for these, the cherry on the top of all the other crazy amounts of cool stuff. Cheers man!

Butts Make Farts.

May 31, 2014 at 11:04:49 PM
Oddzball (6)

< Meka Chicken >
Honestly, I'm just waiting to hear this PM bid. It would suck not knowing what the current high bid is until the last minute. Then you could end up losing the top 2 high bids reward without even knowing it.

May 31, 2014 at 11:16:54 PM
rizz (9)
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: Clyde The Jackal

Am I allowed to throw in a bid for another copy? Either way, I'm super excited that the day is almost here! Really cool that you were able get colored carts for these, the cherry on the top of all the other crazy amounts of cool stuff. Cheers man!

Yes, you could.
Glad you spotted this.  Thanks!

My Development Blog

Jun 1, 2014 at 11:38:00 AM
NESHomebrew (21)
(Brad Bateman - Strange Brew Games) < King Solomon >
Saskatchewan
Originally posted by: rizz

Yes, you could.

Now I'm confused.  Would this not conflict with the "You only get to place ONE bid.  This will be your ONLY BID." rule? 

Jun 1, 2014 at 12:52:37 PM
rizz (9)
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: NESHomebrew

Originally posted by: rizz

Yes, you could.

Now I'm confused.  Would this not conflict with the "You only get to place ONE bid.  This will be your ONLY BID." rule? 

I'll clear it up.  Clyde is Chris Johnson, the artist of the box.  He is already getting LE #36 for his help on the project.  Outside of this, he would like to bid on an additional copy, and that would be his Only bid.  Hope that makes sense.

My Development Blog

Jun 1, 2014 at 2:59:23 PM
Clyde The Jackal (172)
(My Name is Chris) < Kraid Killer >
New York
Yessir.

Butts Make Farts.