Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

SNES Monthly Contest: October - Super Ghouls n Ghosts and Street Fighter II (CLOSED) Winners - GhostofSparta & Andy_Bogomil

Nov 1, 2016 at 9:31:01 AM
GhostOfSparta (123)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana
Originally posted by: Andy_Bogomil

Just played a last minute SGnG run and got to level 4B on the 2nd run through with 3 men. I died three times in a row to those purple flames because they just didn't stop until the platform was out of room. Couldn't believe it. Glad that game's over with.

That happened to me the other day. I realized on the second loop the purple flames are longer which screws you up if you forgot. 

-------------------------
My FS Thread

My WTB Thread

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:07:21 AM
Ozzy_98 (8)
< Bowser >
Ohio
Bad thing is, I left playing street fighter for a damned mobile phone game. But it's a FUN game at least. Now I'm off to level my dudes some more.

Edit: Holy fuckballs, 5th?! 5th! Oh, oh, it is on next year when we do Street Fighter 2 Turbo.  And we will be doing Street Fighter 2 Turbo next year. And Super for 2018. 

Edited: 11/01/2016 at 11:09 AM by Ozzy_98

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:32:45 AM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Scoreboard updated.  I'll updated the leaderboards later today and give you a chance to review.

For all intents and purposes, Andy has clinched the top spot, while bimmy and quest jockey for 2nd.  Webhead is still technically alive for 3rd.

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:34:15 AM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: Ozzy_98

Bad thing is, I left playing street fighter for a damned mobile phone game. But it's a FUN game at least. Now I'm off to level my dudes some more.

Edit: Holy fuckballs, 5th?! 5th! Oh, oh, it is on next year when we do Street Fighter 2 Turbo.  And we will be doing Street Fighter 2 Turbo next year. And Super for 2018. 
I will have to review my tentative schedule, but due to their popularity I will probably do Turbo and some new Super Mario Kart tracks

Of course Andy will get to pick a game next year so I will have to dump something off the schedule to fit that in.  We shall see.

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:47:45 AM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
Originally posted by: GhostOfSparta

Originally posted by: Andy_Bogomil

Just played a last minute SGnG run and got to level 4B on the 2nd run through with 3 men. I died three times in a row to those purple flames because they just didn't stop until the platform was out of room. Couldn't believe it. Glad that game's over with.

That happened to me the other day. I realized on the second loop the purple flames are longer which screws you up if you forgot. 

Yeah, I forgot too, and was in a rush... it was literally 11:30 NA time. Caught on before my last death, but then got really bad luck on my last life with one of those blue ball things. Oh, well, s'all good. I might actually go back and try and beat the 2nd loop at some point. Definitely a long time since I've beat that game and last time it took me a ton of continues. Definitely way better at it now. ggs.

Wii U Collection Status: 160/161. Just Dance 2018. 

Nov 1, 2016 at 1:47:24 PM
Abelardo (77)
(Abelardo González) < El Ripper >
Mexico
GG everyone, Andy congrats on breaking the one million barrier, well done!

Didn't play anything at all towards the end, in fact if possible I'd like to be taken out of the leaderboard since I was just having fun and I'm not going to jump in the yearly contest with one more month to go, maybe next year I'll give it a try but I'll definitely jump in when another SF game comes up  

Nov 1, 2016 at 4:52:15 PM
Webhead123 (30)
(Jordan S.) < El Ripper >
Texas
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Scoreboard updated.  I'll updated the leaderboards later today and give you a chance to review.

For all intents and purposes, Andy has clinched the top spot, while bimmy and quest jockey for 2nd.  Webhead is still technically alive for 3rd.

I'll maintain my trademark cautious optimism but it's looking like it'll take a pretty miraculous showing for me to pull it off. I'm just kicking myself that I didn't make a better effort to get in on March, April and May. I know I could have taken a top spot on Super ESB if I had found the time to make an effort.

But there's some really talented and dedicated gamers here, for sure. Some of you are way, way better at certain games than I could ever imagine. Cheers!

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Now Playing: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (Switch)
Last Beaten: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-2929-9013-9208