Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2015 Weekly Contest Summer Tournament Presents Round 1: Donkey Kong Jr. Contest ends Sunday, 7/12/15 at 11 PM NA time

Jul 12, 2015 at 11:37:24 PM
Megamanfan (174)
(Andy Lynch) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Geester

Originally posted by: Megamanfan

I never want to play that game again. You all don't realize but I was playing like 6+ hours per day unless I had to work. I'm to the point I can do the first three levels in my sleep. I only made it past level 5 once

Thats hardcore dude! I don't think I played 6 hours total. Maybe that's why I found it somewhat fun. Did you qualify for Rd 2?

No but theres always next time.  You think thats hardcore you should of seen me playing Bucky o Hare.  Man when I play I don't give up.  Like my signature says. When the going gets tough the tough get gaming 

-------------------------

When the going gets tough the tough get gaming
Click Link below for my for sale thread

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

Jul 12, 2015 at 11:39:24 PM
EgasKrad (17)
(AJ ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin

I never want to play that game again. You all don't realize but I was playing like 6+ hours per day unless I had to work. I'm to the point I can do the first three levels in my sleep. I only made it past level 5 once

Thats hardcore dude! I don't think I played 6 hours total. Maybe that's why I found it somewhat fun. Did you qualify for Rd 2?

No but theres always next time.  You think thats hardcore you should of seen me playing Bucky o Hare.  Man when I play I don't give up.  Like my signature says. When the going gets tough the tough get gaming 

You do realize you qualified for the next round, right?

Jul 12, 2015 at 11:40:16 PM
Generic1 (9)

(Ass Kickerson) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
Originally posted by: EgasKrad

You do realize you qualified for the next round, right?

KABOOM!

Just an ordinary game collector

Jul 12, 2015 at 11:46:39 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan

Andy, you qualified for round 2.  Your late score was enough to push you in to the next round.

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Jul 12, 2015 at 11:47:34 PM
Megamanfan (174)
(Andy Lynch) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: EgasKrad

No but theres always next time.  You think thats o
Wow no I didn't woohoo.  Still go Donkey Kong on the brain.  Look out Rush n Attack here I come,   I need a case of Mtn Dew and Slim Jims OHH yea

When the going gets tough the tough get gaming
Click Link below for my for sale thread

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

Jul 12, 2015 at 11:59:31 PM
zobber (2)
(Ryan ) < Crack Trooper >
Michigan
I know its too late but this was my ace and i work nights so passed out and could not post this

21 26 22 30 33 40 Zelda

Jul 13, 2015 at 3:39:32 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: bearcat-doug

Originally posted by: bimmy_lee

Originally posted by: bimmy_lee

guts, you bring up a good point about Rush n' Attack. It's one of those games that could fit into a couple different genres. So I guess our round 2 game is an action/platformer/beat 'em up with shooter elements

After playing DK Jr. I'm ready to kill stuff.

After reading a lot of the comments about DK Jr. in the thread, I think just about everyone else is ready to kill stuff

Feel free to change the next game to Contra if you want to see shock and awe.

Lmoa! oh you want a game where you kill stuff? How about Rush'n attack, oh and by the way you have to play it pacifist style hilarious.

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Jul 13, 2015 at 5:21:58 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

Lmoa! oh you want a game where you kill stuff? How about Rush'n attack, oh and by the way you have to play it pacifist style hilarious.

I guess on the plus side, furthest progression still takes priority. From what I remember, it's tough to get very far in this game without killing anything.

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

Jul 13, 2015 at 8:24:49 AM
arnpoly (110)
(Aaron ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
The scores this round were really something else, lots of tightly bunched scores in the standings! I don't think I would have had a chance to get through so yeah good job everyone!

Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 136
--------------------------------------------------
Next Game: #137 - Shadowgate
Latest Post - 10/11/19 - #130 - Bad Street Brawler
--------------------------------------------------
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

Jul 13, 2015 at 1:43:50 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida

Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

I guess on the plus side, furthest progression still takes priority. From what I remember, it's tough to get very far in this game without killing anything.

Ya, you gotta stab and launch rockets at some. But as far as this weeks game serving as a vent...not so much.

Besides DK Jr had to kill snatchtraps, birds and electrical sparks

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Jul 13, 2015 at 3:28:33 PM
UncleTusk (234)
(Wilfred Brimley) < King Solomon >
California
Damn! Good work everyone in tier 1. I thought my score was gonna be good enough to make it to the next round! Good luck to all! Go Bert Sampson!

Only Brave Souls Click on the Tusk

Short and large run boxes, manuals, maps!  Give your Uncle a call!

Edited: 07/13/2015 at 03:28 PM by UncleTusk

Jul 13, 2015 at 9:25:36 PM
bertsampson (11)
(Andrew Bradley) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
Originally posted by: UncleTusk

Damn! Good work everyone in tier 1. I thought my score was gonna be good enough to make it to the next round! Good luck to all! Go Bert Sampson!

Yeah, those scores are crazy!  I never expected almost everyone to get over 200k.  And then good ol' Red blew it up!

I'll do my best Tusk.  Thanks for the support!  I'm having much more fun with this than any tournament put on by the big N...