Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
May 30, 2008 at 12:59:11 AM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee

I've heard about this place for awhile, and I can pretty much tell you it's not a scam.

They ever offer local pickup in case anyone is scared Easy drive for Seattle or Western Canada people...

-------------------------
www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Edited: 05/30/2008 at 01:00 AM by DreamTR

May 30, 2008 at 1:02:38 AM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
If this is real then, wouldn't they have a LOT more than the one or two of everything seen here... why only one or two copies of such an eclectic group of titles rather than dozens of copies of only a few titles? Curiouser and curiouser...

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

May 30, 2008 at 1:06:09 AM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Dr. Morbis

If this is real then, wouldn't they have a LOT more than the one or two of everything seen here... why only one or two copies of such an eclectic group of titles rather than dozens of copies of only a few titles? Curiouser and curiouser...

Could be just as simple as they say. They were cleaning up and this is what they had. Luck of the draw.

I say it is a set of real auctions.

May 30, 2008 at 1:09:15 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Or maybe they know what is rare and decided to put up the nicest titles they could into lots of equal size. They may be sitting on more of the same titles or heck who knows they might be sitting on all the crappy titles trying to get the biggest bang for their listing buck! Talking with Dan and dealing with him over the past couple years I don't think he would do this.

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

May 30, 2008 at 1:09:59 AM
nes4ever (22)
(Mel P) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Originally posted by: projectingstars

This guy lives an hour away from me...

If so then you need to make a trip to NOC if possible for you to do so. This would clear this mess up.

May 30, 2008 at 1:11:32 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Well Bronty and Maximus live an hour away from where I will be staying at my G/F's mom's house for the next 3 days. If it is them I will go shoot them for all of us!!

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

May 30, 2008 at 1:20:08 AM
raregamergirl (24)
(Sara Holmquist) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Something interesting I just remembered.

I just recently sent Bronty a particular sealed game. No possible way would he have it already.

That game is pictured. Bronty did not have that game sealed (well, I am nearly positive he didn't) so this kind of destroys the idea it is related to Bronty.

May 30, 2008 at 1:25:22 AM
udisi (88)
< King Solomon >
United States
you know the scarier thing here, is...If hese are real, and this is just the tip of the iceberg, and we see lots like this come out for a while...Bronty's sealed SE can from Vancouver.... The mind runs wild...

May 30, 2008 at 1:29:24 AM
raregamergirl (24)
(Sara Holmquist) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Did the sealed SE originally come from Vancouver? I know the person he bought it from bought it from another auction (and they weren't even the high bidder, the high bidder backed out).

May 30, 2008 at 1:33:15 AM
blarky (37)
(b0rk b0rk) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Granted they aren't the biggest or most detailed, those pictures speak pretty loudly. I think it would be very hard to fake those shots and what we presume to see. Maybe someone with some photoshop skills can tell right away if they have been doctored.

Right now, based upon the photos my contention is that the games ARE real and DO exist. However, the rest of the story I can't venture to guess, but I'm leaning towards it being legit.

May 30, 2008 at 1:44:37 AM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: udisi

you know the scarier thing here, is...If hese are real, and this is just the tip of the iceberg, and we see lots like this come out for a while...Bronty's sealed SE can from Vancouver.... The mind runs wild...

Hm...I've a funny feeling that when this bunch is all said and done, there will be at least one other recognized NES sealed collector around (it won't be me, lol, though I do sincerely wish I could put up the funds for either of the sealed DW IV's).  Either that, or there will be a resale opportunity of a lifetime.  Honestly...if udisi's reasoning proves correct, we might see some beyond-amazing stuff (more sealed Bonks?  Possibly more sealed DW IV's, Little Samsons, Bubble Bobble 2's, or...dare I say...Flintstones 2's or SE's?).  Obviously, this all rests on one theory (i.e. less than fact, but possibly more than fiction)...  I wonder what Wiz would say about all these...?

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

May 30, 2008 at 1:49:23 AM
NOFRIENDO-banned (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Chad Tukiendorf) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
Wiz would say:"Fuck it,open them all!!"

May 30, 2008 at 1:55:13 AM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: NOFRIENDO

Wiz would say:"Fuck it,open them all!!"

Yeah, you're probably right .

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

May 30, 2008 at 1:59:01 AM
NOFRIENDO-banned (0)
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: raregamergirl

Did the sealed SE originally come from Vancouver? I know the person he bought it from bought it from another auction (and they weren't even the high bidder, the high bidder backed out).

Retard move of the century!!!

May 30, 2008 at 2:03:15 AM
udisi (88)
< King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: raregamergirl

I 'm not sure if it did originally, but the guy Bronty bought it from was in vancouver.

May 30, 2008 at 2:04:13 AM
Bryansvideotrader (36)
(Bryan Sunkle) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
I am not really saying that the charity thing isn't possible, but why isn't there any publicity. The games are legit and factory sealed, but the whole thing is very sketchy. I really doubt Bronty is involved if it is any sort of joke, because joking about donating money is evil. There are not very many known collectors that have some of these games, and to put together all of them you would need pieces from Bronty, Sara, and Curtis' collections. Maybe it is possible that they were found in a warehouse, I don't know I am not really a warehouse guy per se. One thing I do know is that Curtis' find came from a warehouse somewhere in Canada and there was a sealed Final Fight Guy in there along with 2 Castlevania Dracula X games, Aerofighters, 500+ other titles, so I guess anything is possible. I really hope these are legit auctions, and no one gets scammed. I don't think I will be bidding at all but they will be very interesting to watch!

May 30, 2008 at 2:22:26 AM
udisi (88)
< King Solomon >
United States
Some of these were not very rare a few years ago, Dracula X for example I could have had by the case load a few years back, and really most of the SNES titles. These games are rare now, but hell they were overstocked when the systems went defunct. There's a lot of dirt commons in these lots too.

May 30, 2008 at 2:57:38 AM
NOFRIENDO-banned (0)
Wisconsin
Maybe Bronty is not speaking up becuase he needs some of these titles for his personal collection??

May 30, 2008 at 3:10:34 AM
xARSEFACEx (70)
(x AARON x) < Bowser >
Indiana
I've been waiting all night to get home from work to view this auctions on an actual screen and not a phone. I don't have any more insight than has already been offered, but I think that aside from lack of publicity, the story at least sounds plausible.

It may be a scam, but I definitely think it's too much work to be a simple joke. I also think that if the auctions are entirely legit, that the notion that the seller would end them early is ridiculous. If all the money is intended for charity, ending the auctions without giving everyone a fair shot at them goes contrary to the whole idea of raising money for charity.

Currently Playing: L.A. Noire
Currently Listening: Tyler the Creator - Goblin
Currently Watching: Workaholics, 5 Deadly Venoms

May 30, 2008 at 4:37:18 AM
nocl604 (0)
(Arthur Brunn) < Tourian Tourist >
British Columbia
WOW is all I can say. I was invited to this forum (via ebay) to provide more information to you all. I have only read through the first 2 pages of posts but I will finish going through them all and try to answer any of your questions in full.

First off, the response these items have received is so far beyond our expectations, its incredible really.

To address to two most common points I've come across thus far here goes:

1. The ebay ID is completely new. Nintendo as a company obviously does not sell through ebay and we only set-up our ID to get rid of these titles. I fully expect to be contacted by ebay now that I see all the attention these are getting and we will work with all winning bidders to ensure they are completely comfortable throughout the entire transaction. As the auction states, we are completely fine with any local buyers coming to our head office to pick up the product directly once it has been paid for. Certified bank draft would be accepted but no personal cheques as we have to protect ourselves from fraud as well.

2. Each lot will have a list of all titles included (along with any specific details like broken seal, damaged corners etc.) Due to the volume of the games available this was just impossible for me to complete in a single day at work. I will enlist some help tomorrow to get this information updated ASAP.

I have tried to respond to all questions put forth through ebay, and will continue to do so there, as I believe the feature that allows me to post the Q&A for all to see is beneficial and could save me a lot of time over the next week.

Some of the more specific questions regarding Cdn. vs. US versions I will have to consult with some of our more tenured employees. I have only been with NOCL for two years and some of this stuff was slightly before my video game years. I will do my best to answer these questions, I just ask for your patience as I cannot provide this information myself. In all honesty a couple of colleagues at work and I did only about an hour of research on estimating a value for any type of 'sealed' NES & SNES games. We did our best to split up any rare or popular titles amongst the various lots. I apologize to everyone looking for various individual titles, but the amount of work it would cause us would just be unmanageable.

I'd like to thank burdger for inviting me to the forum to provide you with more information and all of you for all your interest. If an editor or someone from Nintendoage would like to contact me and thus provide a reference of legitimacy to the site on my behalf, I am willing to do this. My contact information was obviously required for registration, however the volume of email I have received through ebay alone already is simply daunting so I am hesitant to providing my work email here for everyone.

Thanks for your time everyone!

May 30, 2008 at 4:46:53 AM
-JoSeph- (2)
(Joseph Wak) < Crack Trooper >
Australia
Welcome to the forums

My question is, does every Nintendo have similiar stock piles of vintage games? Also, is there more where they came from?

Edited: 05/30/2008 at 04:49 AM by -JoSeph-

May 30, 2008 at 5:06:46 AM
nocl604 (0)
British Columbia
I've had a chance to read through pages 3 through 5 on this post and thought I should expand slightly on some of the themes I noticed to help provide more information.

1. 'Found in the warehouse theme' - NOCL is actually moving to a new location in Burnaby in June. We are in the process of cleaning and purging everything (including the warehouse). These items were not 'found' as per se, but rather 'gone through'. They've been locked up in our Marketing cage in the warehouse obviously for quite some time.

2. 'More games, odd lot combinations etc.' - the 24 lots were created for simplicity, both for posting on ebay and shipping afterwards to the winning bidder. We did a total of 1 hour research and did our best to divide the 'rare' titles amongst the boxes equally. Due to a lack of information for Gameboy, we did no research and just tried to avoid multiple titles ending up in the same box.

3. 'Lack of promotion and publicity' - my only thoughts were to send joystiq an email about our auctions because its a blog I personally follow at work and figured "hey, they put themed birthday cakes on there... why not an auction for charity?". Other than that I've only emailed NOCL employees across Canada. Feel free to send this on to anyone or any site you think may be interested!

4. 'Bronty & Maximus prank' - all I can say is these two seem to have enviable collections and I only hope they can come forward individually to vouch for their innocence in this case.

Thats all for tonight, I hope I've helped to provide you with some more insight into the legitimacy of these auctions. I do have to admit an inferior knowledge for both the products themselves and their value to everyone on this forum. I was hoping we might get $200 on average for each of the boxes and have to say I did not think we'd come close to some of the 'outside offers' we've received.

Thanks again to all of you, my offers stands if any editors wish to contact me using my registration information!

The idea of Bronty & Maximus pulling a hoax seemed to bounce around a lot.

May 30, 2008 at 5:10:36 AM
nocl604 (0)
British Columbia
Thanks! I can't say for sure, but I doubt it. We're much smaller than other offices here in Canada and our distribution facilities were relocated to NOA in Washington state a few years back. Due to this we still have the warehouse facility, its just not used in the same capacity... a primary reason for our move.

There will be a few more lots to come maybe next week... nothing for sealed product however.

May 30, 2008 at 5:43:26 AM
jajaja (8)
(jajaja jajaja) < El Ripper >
Other

Holy shit, imagine the feeling (especially if you're a game collector) to find all these games at once!

Also, welcome to the forum, nocl604!

Edited: 05/30/2008 at 08:36 AM by jajaja

May 30, 2008 at 5:44:40 AM
xARSEFACEx (70)
(x AARON x) < Bowser >
Indiana
It's great that you joined to help shed a little light on these auctions. I can definitely say that lots like these are basically unheard of and are just the sort of thing to get a community like this buzzing. The amount of money you're going to raise is probably going to blow your mind.

Whether 8-bit is your bag or not, you should definitely stick around the board.

Currently Playing: L.A. Noire
Currently Listening: Tyler the Creator - Goblin
Currently Watching: Workaholics, 5 Deadly Venoms