Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

HDMI to Component or Svideo?? Is playing an NES/SNES Classic possible on older tvs?

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:45:08 PM
~CM~ (0)
(Chocolate Misu) < Cherub >
Indiana
I've had this notion rolling around in my head for a while if trying to convert the HDMI signal from the NES/SNES Classics to component or something would be worth a try.  Has anyone tried this and what kind of equipment does it take to do?  Is it worth the effort?

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:48:29 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
There are converters that do that. No idea on the quality, though.

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:45:54 PM
Mobiusstriptech (22)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Yeah you'd want to use a converter. There are better ways to do this kind of thing, especially since it's really just an emulator anyways.

-------------------------
For mod work and questions email us at [email protected]

Twitter: @mobiusstriptech

Youtube: MobiusStripTech

Dec 5, 2017 at 4:17:47 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
Yeah, it's possible. LGR did a video awhile back where he daisy-chained converters together to get HDMI output onto an old B&W CRT TV:

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Dec 5, 2017 at 10:31:20 PM
Pikkon (8)
(スーパーファミコンコレクター ) < Meka Chicken >
Florida
If your talking about playing one on a 4:3 crt it will work but when you play a game the aspect ratio will be off.

Dec 6, 2017 at 1:38:39 AM
chromableedstudios (14)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
http://www.microcenter.com/produc... kinda an expensive way to add lag and squish the aspect ratio for nes games though