Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Elbobelo joins It's me joining another nes forum

Apr 18, 2009 at 5:15:06 PM
elbobelo (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Maryland
Story line in the since of where the character is in the timeline and who you are battling is what this story will consist of. There may be side stories about the familiars you encounter, perhaps Alucard is helping you this whole time without showing you his true form, and such. But the idea with this hack is also to have a lot of RPG elements like CV2, but without stopping the action. For instance you don't have to talk to villagers, you don't have to shop for all your items. All your items are for the most part gained by killing the correct monster, and randomly through a rarity algorithm.

Apr 21, 2009 at 9:58:09 PM
Miss Clawful (19)
(Megan Roberts) < Ridley Wrangler >
North Carolina
I've been thinking this over the past couple days, while this is an exciting thing, and certainly I would've loved to been a part of it, I'm really not sure that I could deliver, and what I'm worried about is that I'll not only disappoint you, but waste your time as well. Sure a year is a long time to come up with stuff, but for me, this stuff comes and goes when it wants, maybe its because I've been feeling really shitty for the past few days, maybe its just that I'm unstable (probably the later), I dunno, but regardless of what my problems are, I don't want you to rely solely on me for coming up with graphics for this, perhaps there's somebody better, someone who'll be able to keep up a level of consistency so that your project can be completed. I'd love to play it when its finished, but with me on board, I think I'll only hold you back longer. Sorry if I'd gotten your hopes up for something, don't know why I even bothered saying anything in the first place, guess I got a bit excited when I saw that someone else had similar ideas to mine, so like a dumb ass I had to share mine as well, guess I thought it'd inspire me to get back to that project, it did put a little spark there, but as with everything I do, it only lasts briefly, when it'll alight again, who the hell knows. But if you want to continue to use whatever graphics I've offered so far, they're your's to do with as you please, give me credit or not for them, up to you, don't matter to me anymore. Good luck on this, I'm sure this game'll turn out good regardless of what it ends up looking like.

-------------------------

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:50:38 PM
elbobelo (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Maryland
Yes it was really exciting to have found someone who was working on a similar project. Even more so someone with your talent who was willing to lend graphics and such. This project has been off and on for me as well and there is always a big chance that I will never finish thus wasting your time, which is not what I would want. So don't feel you have let me down in any way shape or form. It was a really cool thing to have had that meeting happen and still is. So again like most of my projects this one too will be a solo one, that is how I have always worked and most of the time prefer to work, but I now have new inspiration and new ideas thanks to you. And you have a new fan of your artwork. So all is well.

p.s. I'll let you know if I do something with your graphics, at the moment I am thinking I will leave them in for the last 8-eyes to Castlevania DEMO (giving you creds), then take them out once I start to truly convert this game into something that doesn't resemble 8-eyes at all.

Apr 21, 2009 at 11:11:59 PM
Miss Clawful (19)
(Megan Roberts) < Ridley Wrangler >
North Carolina
Good to hear. I'm just going through a really tough point right now, I don't want any of my problems spilling over somehow and affecting other people just because I can't seem to get it together what I need to do with myself and my life. And really, while I enjoy doing sprites and such once in a while, I'm really not a big artist, sure I can sometimes do some decent stuff, but its never been anything that I could do all the time, and certainly not when need be. Just glad that I didn't affect your project negatively and that you weren't pissed about it.

-------------------------