Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Long live the Ezine! Volume 8, Issue #2, Winter 2015!!! Discuss! Let us know what you think about the articles, layout, and thoughts in general.

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:01:53 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
If you hadn't noticed, there is a new issue of the ezine up on the front page. Woo hoo!

Consider this the Christmas that just keeps giving. We wrapped a little late on it and I think Dain was out of town doing what I can only assume we were all doing during the holidays, spending time with family. Probably should have given him a little more heads up from my end and let him know it was coming. My bad, Evil Overlord.

This thread is meant to discuss the articles, the issue as a whole, and I suppose the future of the ezine. I say that because we'll need a new layout artist if this is to keep going. Bruleski recently got a new job and will no longer be able to do the graphic design work. I'm also finding myself more busy with projects I'd like to see completed, too, but would probably be able to continue editing articles as/if needed.

It would be nice if there were another issue, because I accidently forgot what looks like one article that was submitted. Consider this a public apology to that person. I did not screen articles; if you sent it in, I used it. I honestly just missed it in the rush to get it all done. But there is still interest in the ezine, people still want to write articles, this could keep going. All we need is someone to do the layout and graphics and they could be in the next issue.

Let's get this thread started right, though, with pats on the backs to all the writers who contributed and made this happen again. Even the ones that didn't see the light of day. There's always another revival of the NA Ezine just around the corner!

-------------------------

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:10:49 AM
Shane (146)
(Excellence of Execution) < King Solomon >
United States
Hope everyone enjoys the Vomitron interview. The dude was beyond awesome and it was an absolute blast! Highly recommend everyone check them out if you haven't.

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:14:08 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Shane

Hope everyone enjoys the Vomitron interview. The dude was beyond awesome and it was an absolute blast! Highly recommend everyone check them out if you haven't.

Favorite article this month!

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:28:50 AM
Shane (146)
(Excellence of Execution) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Originally posted by: Shane

Favorite article this month!

Awesome man, thanks!

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:34:29 AM
Silent Hill (131)
(A-A-Ron ) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Thanks for the opportunity to write up a quick article Ferris. (And a big thanks to all others who contributed in some way!)

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:42:46 AM
Rocky (11)
(Rocky ) < Meka Chicken >
New York
Who do we send our articles to? I'd be interested in writing a couple.

Jan 8, 2016 at 11:08:39 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Haven't had a chance in reading it all, but the layout was beautiful and it looks like a lot of great contributions. Great work to all involved!

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jan 8, 2016 at 12:13:16 PM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
Great issue and I like the Fun Club News style. Impressive.

Also really cool seeing the RetroGameCon recap article. Didn't know I was going to be in it!

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Jan 8, 2016 at 5:11:52 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Originally posted by: thesubcon3
Also really cool seeing the RetroGameCon recap article. Didn't know I was going to be in it!

Haha, forgot about that pic. Congrats on making it!

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Jan 8, 2016 at 5:36:20 PM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

Originally posted by: thesubcon3

Haha, forgot about that pic. Congrats on making it!
I've finally made it! haha

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Jan 8, 2016 at 5:37:41 PM
Gandlin (17)
< El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
I just read through it. I liked everyones articles!

I enjoyed csylve01's article about female gamers. I don't personally know ANY female gamers so to read her viewpoint was interesting and fun.

I also enjoyed KrakenSoup's article about 1996 being the most memorable video game year for him. I could relate to my own memories of playing Super Mario 64 for the first time and being amazed. Great read!

Nice work everyone!

Edited: 01/09/2016 at 09:12 AM by Gandlin

Jan 8, 2016 at 7:01:57 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
First issue i've read, really good stuff. I will make sure to read more in the future.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Jan 8, 2016 at 7:04:05 PM
NickTLG (48)
(Nintendo Sage) < Bowser >
Illinois
Read the whole thing, loved every article. This has one of the best layouts yet! Great job everyone
@Silent - Event Horizon is one of my favorites!

Instagram
Wishlist

Edited: 01/08/2016 at 07:04 PM by NickTLG

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:20:30 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
Thanks Ferris for putting it all together. You did a great job man! And thanks for putting my article first, mwa ha ha!

Jan 10, 2016 at 12:50:09 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: XYZ

Thanks Ferris for putting it all together. You did a great job man! And thanks for putting my article first, mwa ha ha!

I enjoyed your article dude! A lot of great tips. Also happy birthday!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032