Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

I'm new here...be gentile.

Mar 10, 2015 at 6:55:38 AM
kamakaze_ekun (5)
< El Ripper >
Michigan
LOL I started here with 10 games. Saw some of the collections here and still have a very long way to go.

-------------------------
WHAT AM I SEEKING NOW???
PC Engine with video cable, power supply and controller. Looking to spend $100 to have this console in my collection.

Mar 10, 2015 at 7:07:43 AM
jfreakofkorn (23)
< King Solomon >
United States
welcome to the forum ....

Mar 10, 2015 at 7:12:30 AM
NostalgicMachine (8)
< Master Higgins >
New Hampshire
Welcome to NA!

Mar 10, 2015 at 1:06:58 PM
inaka (0)
< Cherub >
California
Originally posted by: NESfiend

Originally posted by: inaka

Originally posted by: spoonman

It doesn't matter weather you have a large collection or just play the games on Virtual Console, emulated, flashcarts, etc.. What matters is that you still passionate about gaming and having a blast playing Punch-Out!!.

What are some of your other favorites?
Thanks! My Favorites:

Rush n' Attack
Blades of Steel
Tecmo Bowl/Tecmo Super Bowl
RBI Baseball
Mike Tyson's Punchout
Super Mario Bros.
Robocop
Double Dribble

Again, nothing rare or fancy at all. Just fun games that are timeless to me.

Based on those games (heavy with sports I guess), if anyone has any other games to recommend, I would love to hear some titles. Thanks.

Not a lot of people here are into sports games so its great to have another who is proud to say he enjoys them. I collect the rare stuff but spend more than my share of time playing old sports NES games that go for five bucks or less. Heres a few you may not know about

NES Open - I have played thousands of holes of golf on that game - never gets old.
Little League Baseball - great game, especially two player
Bases Loaded 3
American Gladiators
Hoops - best two bucks you will ever spend

You could pick up all five without spending much more than 20 bucks. Enjoy the site and rediscovering your NES.

Interesting! I wasn't aware that sports games on the NES had a limited fan base. They are by far my favorite, and thanks for the heads up about the games you mentioned above.

Here is my collection of games that were in the box I uncovered in my parents garage. Only 22 in all, and I'm sure nothing is rare or noteworthy...just a nice set of games I love playing:

These are my favorites from the tiny collection I have:

Mar 10, 2015 at 1:09:24 PM
inaka (0)
< Cherub >
California
Originally posted by: nes_pimp

Welcome to NA playa.

How difficult was it to register yourself on the site?
The registration link was closed, so I sent an email to the admin via the FAQ. 
It was fairly painless.

Mar 10, 2015 at 1:11:10 PM
inaka (0)
< Cherub >
California
Quick question, is flash cart talk here frowned upon? I wanted to try out games before I buy them, so I picked up an EverDrive that arrived yesterday. It's pretty amazing, and I created a pretty nice custom label for it that I wanted to share with anyone who wanted it, but wasn't sure if flash cart talk is not allowed, etc.

Just wondering, and thanks to all for the nice welcome. Cheers.

Mar 10, 2015 at 8:59:32 PM
Xerxes (20)
(Xerxes Dole) < El Ripper >
Ohio

Quick question, is flash cart talk here frowned upon? I wanted to try out games before I buy them, so I picked up an EverDrive that arrived yesterday. It's pretty amazing, and I created a pretty nice custom label for it that I wanted to share with anyone who wanted it, but wasn't sure if flash cart talk is not allowed, etc.

Just wondering, and thanks to all for the nice welcome. Cheers.
Welcome to NA!

I think the rule is that discussing how to use the everdrive and other items is cool, but asking for or posting roms are a no no. Here is a thread dedicated to the topic:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Mar 10, 2015 at 10:23:26 PM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Other
I like pie.

...oh, and welcome.

Mar 10, 2015 at 10:37:28 PM
NESfiend (25)
(Travis ) < El Ripper >
Missouri

Interesting! I wasn't aware that sports games on the NES had a limited fan base. They are by far my favorite, and thanks for the heads up about the games you mentioned above.

Its not that the sports games didn't generate a lot of interest. Many were among the NES best sellers. I said not many people on here, meaning NA, have much interest, probably for two reasons. Sports games are typically played more by casual gamers as opposed to action, rpg, puzzles, etc. that your more dedicated gamers tend to get into. People here typically are very dedicated gamers. Additionally, most people into sports games were happy to move on with better graphics, updated rosters (or rosters at all), etc. etc. People who are really into sports gaming tend to want the newest and most current, whereas NA is more about retro gaming.

These are vast generalities and don't cover everyone, including myself. Like all retro games, they have the nostalgia factor for a lot of us. I spent thousands of hours of my youth playing tecmo superbowl, for example. No sports game will ever touch it. To me thats how a football game should look and feel. Someone born ten years after me probably would prefer Madden games. Everyone has an era. That said, on NA you will definitely see a lot more raving about mega man, zelda, and similar greats than you will Tecmobowl and RBI baseball.

Mar 11, 2015 at 12:43:29 PM
inaka (0)
< Cherub >
California
Gotcha. Yeah, Tecmo Super Bowl is the gold standard of football gaming to me. I personally want fun gameplay, not realism.

There's something about picking the right defensive play that you just KNOW your buddy picked and just throwing the controller on the ground as the play begins and talking trash. Classic Tecmo!

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:10:42 PM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
Welcome!

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:12:00 PM
Doc.Stalk (25)
(Carson ) < Meka Chicken >
Ontario
welcome to the party pal

My want list: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Mar 12, 2015 at 1:50:20 PM
inaka (0)
< Cherub >
California
Originally posted by: Doc.Stalk

welcome to the party pal

Yippie Ka Yay!

Mar 12, 2015 at 2:06:36 PM
Slayter (61)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Maryland
Originally posted by: hammerfestus

Welcome. Though I suppose this half Jew is not welcome at your party.

The Jews did this photo The_Jews_Did_This.gif

Edited: 03/12/2015 at 02:06 PM by Slayter