Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NEW Can NA Beat Every GameBoy Color Game in 2016? Current Total: 71/452

Mar 27, 2016 at 8:43:49 PM
guitarzombie (30)
< Ridley Wrangler >
New York
I beat Baster Master Boy after keeping it on today. Word to the wise with this game, dont use the candles until you NEED them in a level. Had to do the 2nd to last level with 1 candle... and theres no passwords. Its an easy but long game. But very annoying and hard if you cant see anything

-------------------------
Mutant Virus strat thread.  Help each other finally put the nail in the coffin for this game, EVERY time.
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Mar 28, 2016 at 4:53:31 PM
GBC Collector (7)
(Alex Lacamu) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Originally posted by: guitarzombie

I beat Baster Master Boy after keeping it on today. Word to the wise with this game, dont use the candles until you NEED them in a level. Had to do the 2nd to last level with 1 candle... and theres no passwords. Its an easy but long game. But very annoying and hard if you cant see anything

Updated, keep on rolling guitarzombie

Check me out on Instagram @GBC_Collector

GBC Collector's FO/FT  GBC Collector's WTB

Want spine labels for OEM NES clamshell cases? Click Here!

Can NA beat every GB/GBC game? Come Join In!

Mar 28, 2016 at 9:50:40 PM
guitarzombie (30)
< Ridley Wrangler >
New York
Good cuz it took a few days and starting over to beat Sumo Fighter. WOW that 4-3 boss is ANNOYING!! The only game I have left in my little collection I haven't beaten yet is Waynes World, altho I can get far. I might be getting some more games within the week but I haven't seen if they've been beaten yet.

Mutant Virus strat thread.  Help each other finally put the nail in the coffin for this game, EVERY time.

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:02:52 AM
guitarzombie (30)
< Ridley Wrangler >
New York
I found Cliffhanger today and I beat it. Luckily its about 100% identical to the NES version so it wasn't too bad. I also picked up Snow Bros and a couple of others i'll eventually get to.

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:16:43 AM
Junk_isHxC (6)
< Crack Trooper >
Louisiana
Mickey Mouse: Magic Wands! is completed! The first 30 levels are a cakewalk then they ramp up the difficulty tenfold, but the final boss was really easy.

photo 20160330_231118_resized.jpg

photo 20160330_231121_resized.jpg

Mar 31, 2016 at 2:03:44 AM
Seppatoni (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Switzerland
Just wanted to add some European games until I saw that they were removed.

> Seppatoni's Zockerstübchen

Mar 31, 2016 at 8:33:13 PM
guitarzombie (30)
< Ridley Wrangler >
New York
Took a second try at Snow Bros. Its also a pretty similar port to the NES versions but had to get used to its physics. Also with 10 more new levels! Cool!

Apr 1, 2016 at 4:54:08 PM
Seppatoni (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Switzerland
The Flintstones: King Rock Treasure Island

Apr 1, 2016 at 4:55:41 PM
GBC Collector (7)
Texas
Whoa this thread took off while I wasn't paying attention. I'll update shortly

Apr 2, 2016 at 5:30:38 PM
Seppatoni (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Switzerland
Dr. Franken

Apr 3, 2016 at 10:33:34 AM
GBC Collector (7)
Texas

Took a second try at Snow Bros. Its also a pretty similar port to the NES versions but had to get used to its physics. Also with 10 more new levels! Cool!

ok list is updated to this point minus this game, guitarzombie is it beaten or are you still playing it?

Apr 3, 2016 at 1:51:29 PM
guitarzombie (30)
< Ridley Wrangler >
New York
Oh i beat it. I guess i didnt say it. I got two more games coming in the mail, Turrican and Darkman. Ill get to those after I finish Toxic Crusaders, even tho its beaten already (I beat as many games as I can that I own!) Toxic is really great!

Apr 3, 2016 at 5:06:29 PM
Junk_isHxC (6)
< Crack Trooper >
Louisiana

Oh i beat it. I guess i didnt say it. I got two more games coming in the mail, Turrican and Darkman. Ill get to those after I finish Toxic Crusaders, even tho its beaten already (I beat as many games as I can that I own!) Toxic is really great!
Toxic Crusaders has alot of frame rate issues in the later levels. Its not too bad though.

Apr 3, 2016 at 6:05:30 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Damn, I was gonna buy Battletoads Double Dragon so I could knock it off, but of course its a $40 game. Maybe before the end of the year...

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Apr 3, 2016 at 8:23:38 PM
TheFinder (47)
< King Solomon >
Illinois
Sorry it took forever, but I finally got around to beating Pokemon Blue. Tried a team of Pokemon I had never used before. Really hated the lack of Jolteon when facing off against the Gyarados at the end.

To the Finder...
The Isle of Koholint is but an illusion...
Human, monster, sea, sky...
A scene on the lid of a sleeper's eye...
Awake the dreamer, and Koholint will vanish much like a bubble on a needle...
Cast-away, you should know the Truth!

My FS/WTB threads: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Apr 3, 2016 at 8:29:04 PM
GBC Collector (7)
Texas
Originally posted by: TheFinder

Sorry it took forever, but I finally got around to beating Pokemon Blue. Tried a team of Pokemon I had never used before. Really hated the lack of Jolteon when facing off against the Gyarados at the end.

Sweet! I was actually just thinking about you and this game earlier, glad you enjoyed this playthrough. I'll update the list shortly 

Apr 3, 2016 at 11:09:38 PM
guitarzombie (30)
< Ridley Wrangler >
New York
Originally posted by: Junk_isHxC

Toxic Crusaders has alot of frame rate issues in the later levels. Its not too bad though.

I didnt have too many issues.  I thought level 6 was much easier than 4 and 5

Apr 4, 2016 at 9:18:31 PM
Jin (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Minnesota
Hey there everyone! Thegoldenband on the AtariAge forum suggested I sign up and make an account here on NintendoAge to help out with the Game Boy / Color effort, since I'm always posting a ton of Game Boy / Color play times in his tracker thread on AA, so here I am! Of the North American released games not yet beaten by someone else this year, I've currently completed:

Game Boy
Boggle Plus
Mortal Kombat II
R-Type

Game Boy Color
Monopoly

Mortal Kombat II and R-Type are pretty straightforward and were beaten on the standard default difficulty settings (and 1 credit cleared as well). In Boggle Plus I have played against and beaten every computer opponent in the normal Boggle tournament mode, so I hope that counts.

As far as Monopoly on the GBC goes, I have played through and won 4 player with various combinations games with every computer opponent possible to play against; so I feel like it's been fairly thoroughly beaten.

Lastly, I have completed every normal stage in Kirby's Block Ball and watched the credits roll, but I know that there is one more final stage that unlocks once you've achieved a certain high score level in every stage. Since I haven't gotten a high enough score in every stage to unlock that final stage yet I'm not sure if I could say that I've really beaten it, but I figured it was worth mentioning since I did complete enough of the game to see the ending credits.

That's all for my first post! Apologies for the lack of pictures on this first post, but I will be sure to start taking end game pictures from here on out now that I've found my way here and have a good reason to. I did snap a picture of the ending of R-Type II when I beat it the other day, but since that one was never released in North America (outside of the R-Type DX compilation cart) it wouldn't be very helpful here. Anwyay, that's all for now and I'll be looking forward to helping out more with the GB/GBC completion effort over the coming months.

Edited: 04/04/2016 at 09:19 PM by Jin

Apr 4, 2016 at 9:23:30 PM
GBC Collector (7)
Texas
Originally posted by: Jin

Hey there everyone! Thegoldenband on the AtariAge forum suggested I sign up and make an account here on NintendoAge to help out with the Game Boy / Color effort, since I'm always posting a ton of Game Boy / Color play times in his tracker thread on AA, so here I am! Of the North American released games not yet beaten by someone else this year, I've currently completed:

Game Boy
Boggle Plus
Mortal Kombat II
R-Type

Game Boy Color
Monopoly

Mortal Kombat II and R-Type are pretty straightforward and were beaten on the standard default difficulty settings (and 1 credit cleared as well). In Boggle Plus I have played against and beaten every computer opponent in the normal Boggle tournament mode, so I hope that counts.

As far as Monopoly on the GBC goes, I have played through and won 4 player with various combinations games with every computer opponent possible to play against; so I feel like it's been fairly thoroughly beaten.

Lastly, I have completed every normal stage in Kirby's Block Ball and watched the credits roll, but I know that there is one more final stage that unlocks once you've achieved a certain high score level in every stage. Since I haven't gotten a high enough score in every stage to unlock that final stage yet I'm not sure if I could say that I've really beaten it, but I figured it was worth mentioning since I did complete enough of the game to see the ending credits.

That's all for my first post! Apologies for the lack of pictures on this first post, but I will be sure to start taking end game pictures from here on out now that I've found my way here and have a good reason to. I did snap a picture of the ending of R-Type II when I beat it the other day, but since that one was never released in North America (outside of the R-Type DX compilation cart) it wouldn't be very helpful here. Anwyay, that's all for now and I'll be looking forward to helping out more with the GB/GBC completion effort over the coming months.

Hey welcome, I'm glad to have a new person join in on the hunt.  I'll update the list in the morning. Also monopoly on the GBC has been beaten but I don't believe the other games have. Anyways I'm rambling on thanks for joining the quest! 

Apr 4, 2016 at 9:37:38 PM
Jin (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: GBC Collector

Hey welcome, I'm glad to have a new person join in on the hunt.  I'll update the list in the morning. Also monopoly on the GBC has been beaten but I don't believe the other games have. Anyways I'm rambling on thanks for joining the quest! 

Thanks for the warm welcome, and sorry for the mixup with Monopoly. I just realized that it's only the original Game Boy version that hasn't been beaten yet. Whoops! lol That does bring up a question I was wondering about though. If you took a backwards compatible Game Boy Color game that loads up the original Game Boy version of the game when played on a Game Boy/Pocket/Light (such as Monopoly, Battleship, Centipede, or R-Type DX) and played through it on one of those systems would it then count towards beating the original Game Boy version? I know it's an odd question that only applies to a handful of backwards compatible GBC games, but it was something that I was wondering about.  

Edited: 04/04/2016 at 09:38 PM by Jin

Apr 4, 2016 at 9:58:44 PM
GBC Collector (7)
Texas

Originally posted by: GBC Collector

Thanks for the warm welcome, and sorry for the mixup with Monopoly. I just realized that it's only the original Game Boy version that hasn't been beaten yet. Whoops! lol That does bring up a question I was wondering about though. If you took a backwards compatible Game Boy Color game that loads up the original Game Boy version of the game when played on a Game Boy/Pocket/Light (such as Monopoly, Battleship, Centipede, or R-Type DX) and played through it on one of those systems would it then count towards beating the original Game Boy version? I know it's an odd question that only applies to a handful of backwards compatible GBC games, but it was something that I was wondering about.  

Hmm that's a good question, I think we should keep it to if it was released as a GBC game with backwards compatibility it counts towards GBC and if it's the grey gb cart it counts towards the game boy games 

Apr 4, 2016 at 10:13:03 PM
Jin (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Minnesota
Thanks for the heads up! That makes perfect sense to me. The last thing I was wondering about is that I noticed a great deal of arcade game ports on the list of unbeaten games (most of which I do own, since I'm a pretty big fan of 80's arcade games) and I'm just wondering what constitutes "beating" these arcade games like Ms. Pac-Man, Centipede, Missile Command, Asteroids, etc. that don't have any real ending to them. Are there certain high scores that must be achieved for the game to be considered beaten, or how does that work? My apologies for all the questions, I just want to make sure I've got the rules sorted out.

Apr 5, 2016 at 10:46:01 AM
GBC Collector (7)
Texas

Thanks for the heads up! That makes perfect sense to me. The last thing I was wondering about is that I noticed a great deal of arcade game ports on the list of unbeaten games (most of which I do own, since I'm a pretty big fan of 80's arcade games) and I'm just wondering what constitutes "beating" these arcade games like Ms. Pac-Man, Centipede, Missile Command, Asteroids, etc. that don't have any real ending to them. Are there certain high scores that must be achieved for the game to be considered beaten, or how does that work? My apologies for all the questions, I just want to make sure I've got the rules sorted out.

beating the highest score on a normal or harder difficulty should suffice 

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:21:35 PM
Jin (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Minnesota
Now that I know all the rules for this shindig I decided to try my hand at a couple more games tonight, with one old favorite and one that was entirely new to me. 

Alien vs Predator: The Last of His Clan (Game Boy)

I've loved this game ever since I was a little kid. Back then it was one of the first games I got for the very first game system I ever had that I could really call my own: An original gray brick Game Boy that I got for Christmas in 1990. At the time I was only five years old and was never able to get through more than the first few levels of the game, but now as an adult I've been having a lot of fun revisiting this hidden gem and can beat it with relative ease. This was one of the first handful of games that I re-acquired when I started collecting for the Game Boy a few years back, and it's still one of my favorites.

Battle Unit Zeoth (Game Boy)

I picked this game up on eBay a week or so ago but hadn't sat down to play it until tonight. The reviews I had read of Battle Unit Zeoth made it sound pretty difficult, and they weren't kidding! While it is a pretty short game (it only took 35 minutes to beat on my first try) it was definitely a challenging one, and I think I used somewhere around 8 to 10 continues total. I'll definitely be going back and playing through it again at some point in the not too distant future though, since the music was just awesome, the gameplay was really enjoyable, and the graphics were pretty darn impressive for a title made for the old gray brick. 

Edited: 04/05/2016 at 09:25 PM by Jin

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:26:06 PM
GBC Collector (7)
Texas

Now that I know all the rules for this shindig I decided to try my hand at a couple more games tonight, with one old favorite and one that was entirely new to me. 

Alien vs Predator: The Last of His Clan (Game Boy)

I've loved this game ever since I was a little kid. Back then it was one of the first games I got for the very first game system I ever had that I could really call my own: An original gray brick Game Boy that I got for Christmas in 1990. At the time I was only five years old and was never able to get through more than the first few levels of the game, but now as an adult I've been having a lot of fun revisiting this hidden gem and can beat it with relative ease. This was one of the first handful of games that I re-acquired when I started collecting for the Game Boy a few years back, and it's still one of my favorites.

Battle Unit Zeoth (Game Boy)

I picked this game up on eBay a week or so ago but hadn't sat down to play it until tonight. The reviews I had read of Battle Unit Zeoth made it sound pretty difficult, and they weren't kidding! While it is a pretty short game (it only took 35 minutes to beat on my first try) it was definitely a challenging one, and I think I used somewhere around 8 to 10 continues total. I'll definitely be going back and playing through it again at some point in the not too distant future though, since the music was just awesome, the gameplay was really enjoyable, and the graphics were pretty darn impressive for a title made for the old gray brick. 

Nice Jin, I'll get to updating this thread soon I promise, also I love your custom GBC buttons they look nice