Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

texas members...post up!

Aug 5, 2016 at 12:00:57 AM
dukeofhurl99 (1)

< Ridley Wrangler >
Texas
I would be in on that as well. My schedule with being on call at work has me really only free for 4 or so days a month, so chances are I won't be able to go whenever it would be planned for. But I'd try.

-------------------------

Aug 15, 2016 at 9:04:00 PM
M3CHK1LLA (8)
(robert thegreat) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Originally posted by: ginoscope

Originally posted by: Webhead123

Originally posted by: gutsman004

Also,anyone been to the Free Play Arcade in Richardson or the Video Game Museum in Frisco? Maybe we can plan a day for a lot of us to meet up at either place.....if you live reasonably close anyway.
I haven't been to either yet, although they're only about 15 minutes from where I live and really need to make trips to both. If you're ever planning to come up this way, let me know and we can see about coordinating. That would be cool!

Been wanting to go to the video game museum so if we wanted to organize a trip I would be down.

im in as well....maybe we should plan to go when its a little cooler

from texas or live here?  check in --->  http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?StartRow=1&...

n64 test cart owner  collecting & trading - atari 2600, nes, snes, n64, game cube, genisis, sega cd, 32x, saturn, dreamcast, tg16, xbox, playstation 1 & 2

Aug 15, 2016 at 9:04:42 PM
M3CHK1LLA (8)
Texas
Originally posted by: dukeofhurl99

I would be in on that as well. My schedule with being on call at work has me really only free for 4 or so days a month, so chances are I won't be able to go whenever it would be planned for. But I'd try.

we ought to plan on going

from texas or live here?  check in --->  http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?StartRow=1&...

n64 test cart owner  collecting & trading - atari 2600, nes, snes, n64, game cube, genisis, sega cd, 32x, saturn, dreamcast, tg16, xbox, playstation 1 & 2

Sep 23, 2016 at 4:59:44 AM
M3CHK1LLA (8)
Texas
is anyone going to retropalooza 4? i'll be there both days

here is the thread ---> http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Aug 14, 2017 at 4:43:09 AM
M3CHK1LLA (8)
Texas
been away for a while and thought i see what was up.

missed 'lets play gaming expo' for the first time due to my mom passing away.

hope to make retropalooza. anyone going this year?

Aug 15, 2017 at 12:57:42 AM
dukeofhurl99 (1)

< Ridley Wrangler >
Texas
Originally posted by: M3CHK1LLA

I've been wanting to go but haven't made it so far.  I could half-way commit to going but work this time of year keeps from doing a lot of things I'd like to.  I got called in to work Sunday and Monday nights around 7:30 for example.

Aug 17, 2017 at 12:02:18 PM
M3CHK1LLA (8)
Texas

Originally posted by: M3CHK1LLA

I've been wanting to go but haven't made it so far.  I could half-way commit to going but work this time of year keeps from doing a lot of things I'd like to.  I got called in to work Sunday and Monday nights around 7:30 for example.

you may have to schedule a vacation day lol

Aug 19, 2017 at 12:13:07 PM
M3CHK1LLA (8)
Texas
forgot to ask if anyone was setting up a booth...

...or gonna play in any of the tournaments

Aug 27, 2017 at 2:20:45 AM
M3CHK1LLA (8)
Texas
any members caught up in this hurricane?

hope not, stay safe

Aug 28, 2017 at 1:15:07 AM
dukeofhurl99 (1)

< Ridley Wrangler >
Texas
We just got rain and off and on showers up here in DFW. I happened to stop by Walmart on Saturday and hit up the Burger Kind inside the store before I left and heard some of the customers who apparently were from the Houston area talking amongst themselves about the news from friends still down there that everything was under water. I also heard on the radio talk about how the Astros were going to finish out there season. I'm wondering if the Texans are going to be able to play their first few home games this year in Houston. Sports aside it's a sucky deal. It reminds me of what Katrina did to NoLa and 9/11 in NY.

Aug 28, 2017 at 2:29:02 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

We just got rain and off and on showers up here in DFW. I happened to stop by Walmart on Saturday and hit up the Burger Kind inside the store before I left and heard some of the customers who apparently were from the Houston area talking amongst themselves about the news from friends still down there that everything was under water. I also heard on the radio talk about how the Astros were going to finish out there season. I'm wondering if the Texans are going to be able to play their first few home games this year in Houston. Sports aside it's a sucky deal. It reminds me of what Katrina did to NoLa and 9/11 in NY.

the astros have played terrible all year at minute maid park besides josh reddick. Maybe its a good thing they wont have to play there. All joking aside. This freaking sucks. I was watching local reports because the national news is garbage at telling you whats actually going on. All they talk about is rockport, corpus, and houston is having flooding problems. TELL ME WHERE IN HOUSTON!!! THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF SUBURBS. 

This is the reason ill never live anywhere thats even close to a flood plain or the ocean. Just too much risk. Talk about storm damage from landfall  from this hurricane all you want news. Houston flooding is the absolute worst of this.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Aug 29, 2017 at 1:19:45 AM
dukeofhurl99 (1)

< Ridley Wrangler >
Texas
Originally posted by: quest4nes

the astros have played terrible all year at minute maid park besides josh reddick. Maybe its a good thing they wont have to play there. All joking aside. This freaking sucks. I was watching local reports because the national news is garbage at telling you whats actually going on. All they talk about is rockport, corpus, and houston is having flooding problems. TELL ME WHERE IN HOUSTON!!! THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF SUBURBS. 

This is the reason ill never live anywhere thats even close to a flood plain or the ocean. Just too much risk. Talk about storm damage from landfall  from this hurricane all you want news. Houston flooding is the absolute worst of this.

I typically don't pay much attention to weather patterns, but the way this hurricane moved over land and just stalled out pummeling the area with rain for days and is slowly drifting around a 100 square mile area is something I've never seen before.  Totally sucks ass.  I lived in Lake Jackson for a year, wondering if Dow is polluting the Texas coast line right now.  I didn't look but Lake Jackson must be in bad shape right now.

Aug 31, 2017 at 11:09:13 PM
M3CHK1LLA (8)
Texas

Originally posted by: quest4nes

I typically don't pay much attention to weather patterns, but the way this hurricane moved over land and just stalled out pummeling the area with rain for days and is slowly drifting around a 100 square mile area is something I've never seen before.  Totally sucks ass.  I lived in Lake Jackson for a year, wondering if Dow is polluting the Texas coast line right now.  I didn't look but Lake Jackson must be in bad shape right now.

​been watching the news and its crazy out there...

​started effecting us here too as far as gas prices.  now we are running out.  three different gas stations ran out of gas.  i heard earlier in the day the next town over ran out of gas and they were coming over here to fill up.  they are not sure when they will get more cause they get it from houston

Sep 1, 2017 at 12:59:35 AM
dukeofhurl99 (1)

< Ridley Wrangler >
Texas
Gas is coming hard to come by in DFW as well. Not sure if it's a true shortage or hysteria causing it. I've also heard that some gas stations are bagging pumps and saying they are out, then miraculously having gas again a few hours later only for them to be bagging the pumps again. The price gouging has already started.

May 7, 2018 at 1:44:29 AM
M3CHK1LLA (8)
Texas
haven't looked at this thread in a while...time to bump this up

May 7, 2018 at 2:20:03 PM
Webhead123 (30)
(Jordan S.) < El Ripper >
Texas
Anything new/exciting going on with the Texas peeps?

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Now Playing: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (Switch)
Last Beaten: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-2929-9013-9208