Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

A couple small glitches I found in the Collection Tool.

Dec 28, 2010 at 5:00:37 AM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
First off, great work, Dain, on the Collection Tool...I've been putting it to use a fair bit (finally!) lately.  However, I did notice a couple things as I was progressing through adding items and such...

1.  If you click the check box at the top of a list (not the rest of the check boxes, though they all become checked when you check that top box), and then attempt to copy it to another collection, it will not copy those which you selected, but will copy some others from somewhere else in that collection...in my experience, it only copied the first and third entries in my NES section.

2.  If you state the value of a game to be $1000 or more, at the bottom of the value column, it will count the $1000 as only $1 (it also counts $1200 as only $1).  I'd imagine this might perhaps be fixed by simply removing the comma from the displayed entry in the value column, as commas are decimal separators (separating whole numbers from parts thereof) in other countries, and perhaps the programming is written in such a way as to recognize a comma as such a separator, and to stop reading the rest of the number after said comma (besides, I never use a comma when writing out a 4-digit number ).

-------------------------

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Dec 28, 2010 at 7:26:51 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Thanks for the info -- I'll see what I can do to fix these.

Jan 4, 2011 at 12:44:31 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
I wasn't able to find the issue with #1, so it may require more detail info (ie, were the game variants?). For #2, this should be fixed.

Jan 5, 2011 at 2:56:51 AM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
In #1, the games that actually got copied were not variants...one was Dragon Warrior, the other was Dragon Warrior III. The games that I wanted to copy were not variants, either.

#2 is indeed fixed...thanks for that .

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:43:41 AM
albailey (55)
(Al Bailey) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
I think I am seeing the same thing as #1.
I am trying to expand my N64 collection by including the major variants. When I choose expand, then click the checkbox to the right of Publisher, all the items visible on the page are selected. But when I choose to add selected items to the collection, they do not show up in the collection. Next time I do the same search, the list is slightly smaller, but most items I saw selected before are still there.

Al

My Gameboy collection  97% complete.          My N64 collection   88% complete

My Gamecube collection  99% complete        My NES collection   97% complete

Jan 26, 2011 at 11:04:50 PM
PeteDiak (195)
(Pete Diak) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
The colection tool is great. When i learn how to use it it will be even better