Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Chubby Cherub box boys, start you engines!!

Apr 1, 2007 at 3:12:44 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Don't know why I am posting this but there is a Chubby Cherub box on Ebay right now. I am current high bidder at $315 for it.
Bidder 1 is Michigan Mike
Bidder 2 is David AKA Hounder
Bidder 3 is Mwah

Just think if I finally cross this off my list I can finally change the quote under my posts to something else... :-)

-------------------------

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Edited: 04/01/2007 at 03:16 AM by Braveheart69

Apr 1, 2007 at 3:40:42 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
cool. will be fun to watch.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Apr 1, 2007 at 3:41:51 AM
Nistle (94)
(Dustin Lett) < Ridley Wrangler >
North Carolina
would really be fun to see a sealed copy on there

NES Collection: 83.73% Completed

Carts: 709/766
Manuals: 616/765
Boxes: 594/761

Apr 1, 2007 at 3:50:18 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
Washington
You know you are right Dustin, I think Bronty could help out with that!!

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!

Apr 1, 2007 at 4:05:59 AM
burnambill333 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Nicholas Morgan) < King Solomon >
New Jersey

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

Apr 1, 2007 at 4:25:56 AM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
HMMMM Got about 600.00 in paypal but I think I wont be in the running for this one Im trying hard to finish off my n64 collection before the prices skyrocket. there are already some boxes that are very hard to find.

Funny thing is going to be watching all the loose carts suddenly going up in price when this one goes for a ton of cash.

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Apr 1, 2007 at 7:56:55 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Any guesses on the final price?

I think this one will breach $500 -- anyone agree/disagree?

-Dain

Apr 1, 2007 at 12:37:04 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Good luck gentlemen. I hope to own this box. So unless you boys are willing to pay more than $500 you probably won't be getting this copy.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Apr 1, 2007 at 1:02:12 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
sounds like the gauntlet is being thrown down

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Apr 1, 2007 at 1:22:10 PM
Speedy_NES (158)
(< Pieter >) < Kraid Killer >
Belgium
Wow, looks like some people are desperate

I also think it may still rise in price, but given that many still don't know about its rarity, it may be best to just take turns buying them off eBay, as I'm sure there can't be that many NES collectors actively looking for this item.

Apr 1, 2007 at 1:44:51 PM
wrldstrman (107)
West Virginia
Well hopefully if it goes for a lot it will pull more out for sale

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Apr 1, 2007 at 1:48:37 PM
Nistle (94)
North Carolina
"take turns"...yea id like to see that happen. lol

Apr 1, 2007 at 2:03:45 PM
Speedy_NES (158)
Belgium
Originally posted by: Nistle

"take turns"...yea id like to see that happen. lol

Well, it seems to me that the people who want this box the most are all members on here or other NES forums, so it shouldn't be too hard to make a deal outside eBay to keep the prices low(er).

Apr 1, 2007 at 2:10:57 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
Well, whoever wins this one will likely see the next few go for a lot less, as this is sure to bring a few out of the woodworks. It happens all the time: rare game that hasn't been listed in a while fetches 5x the going rate ($75 was the going rate); 5 owners of said games say to themselves, "wow, that's a lot of money, I think I'll list mine!" Seller two reaps the benefits of seller one, seller 3 likely makes off like a bandit as well, but sellers 4 and 5 weep, as the interest has subsided because the madmen already own one.

*BEGIN MEGA RANT*

But what I really would hate to see is buyer 1 and buyer 2 bidding on seller 3's and seller 4's auctions just because they had to pay a lot and figure that if they had to, everyone has to (which is absolute fucking bullshit if you ask me). I see this shit all the time too, and unfortunately, there are people on these forums who do it ALL the time. You know who you are, don't even make me call you out because I'm really, really, itching to. Case in point: wrldstrman won a Speedboard for $5(?) whereas I paid $100 for mine. Did I bid up his auction because I overpaid for mine? No! I wish people would stop doing that. Can't we just be happy for each other's mini victories? I swear this type of thing is killing this community -- is it worth it guys?

One of the new things coming with the next version of NA is the chivalry system, and it's actually what unlocks various tools. Think of it as a video game (that's the way it was designed). If you do good things for other members of the community, you are awarded chivalry points by your peers. You can never ask for points -- they are only rewarded when things you do get noticed. At the same time, they can be removed by your peers just as easily. Jason and I talked long and hard about what we could do to encourage a sense of community and that's what we came up with. The home page of the site will have a "High Score" that shows the user name and their points. Anyway, I'm rambling now.

*END MEGA RANT*

-Dain

Apr 1, 2007 at 3:52:39 PM
wrldstrman (107)
West Virginia
That is very uncool to bid just to run up the price.

Apr 1, 2007 at 3:56:14 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
Washington
Sounds interesting DAIN, I would like to see that. As for how I search for NES stuff once I have it off my list I don't search for it anymore, that way I won't even have the chance to bid up a fellow NA'r on something. I am down to very few items left to go for all NTSC CIB so my eBay searches usually take about 5 minutes to run through and look for the last few things I need. Perfect example now that I own Bubble Bath Babes CIB I took it off the list and never search for that anymore, I might be missing a great deal but since I already have it why go after another one? The exception is I do look for boxed (especially) and manual lots, they are best way to find variations and upgrade my stuff. Sometimes even get something you need like the BB2 box in that box lot right now.

I really do hope more CC boxes come to light. I only remember DKazz's all last year that I lost to DreamTR by $5 as the only one. So no one capitalized that time. We will see this time but I would say $500+ will be where this one ends up, no problem.

Apr 1, 2007 at 3:59:27 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
yes, but you have be careful when inferring people's intentions. sometimes the other person just wants a double. I've bid on doubles many times just because I liked the game and not to 'run up the price.' Although certainly there are some people that do it just to run up the price :/

Apr 1, 2007 at 4:19:16 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
alright guys, since we were all waiting for this game to show up, you guys have made the front page

In other news, I no longer have a double (read: this article is not to pump up the value of my double as I no longer have one). But I'll let the new owner start a thread on upon receipt of the game.

Apr 1, 2007 at 4:19:31 PM
Parpunk (172)
(Mark ) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
dude i hate the whole running up the price crap. its freakin stupid! Dain is right. I couldnt have said it any better. I believe some people are just insecure with their collections, thinking if they dont keep trying to bid junk up, the market will fall out. And maybe they are right, but who freakin cares. You dont get into this for an investment. And collectors like me suffer in the end. cause i dont always have a ton of cash to spend on panesians i need and other top end game, and then when i think im gonna get a chance at one of the rare games for a decent price, i see the same people (who already have them) bidding on them, running up the price and i can never seem to get a good deal, and dont know if i ever will :-( But owell i dont feel like ranting either, i think everyone should work as a team. thats my 2 cents :-)

Shop Retro Video Games, Vinyl, Toys, Comics, and more at https://www.backtothemedia.com/ 
Visit our store in Winchester Virginia! http://www.facebook.com/backtothemedia
NES Games beaten in 2013 - http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&am...
Me getting my first Nintendo in 1990 (for real) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjhKPNV2PbM

Apr 1, 2007 at 4:31:09 PM
udisi (88)
< King Solomon >
United States
I think $315 for this is nuts. If you look this box isn't even in the best condition. MAYBE I could see $315 if it was mint but you can clearly see some whiting near the lower right.

That all being said, it may very well go higher, as harder boxed NES stuff has been on the upturn the last year or so.

Apr 1, 2007 at 4:34:24 PM
Nistle (94)
North Carolina
yea i agree. i would definately get him to post more pics.

Apr 1, 2007 at 5:07:05 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
Washington
I asked him last nigh to post more pics, especially one of the back of the box. He said he would post more today. How many more I don't know? Box looks pretty nice to me from the one pic. It's hard to be super greedy on a box this rare condition wise. Like I said I only remember Dkazz's being the only one I saw all last year and I lost on it by $5 still makes me mad and I try to get it back from DreamTR AKA RainKing almost everyday. With the higher end NES stuff going higher yet and this box coming up 1 - 2 times a year (other then Dustin's "topless" one) it's not getting any easier to find.

Apr 1, 2007 at 7:04:23 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Bronty

yes, but you have be careful when inferring people's intentions. sometimes the other person just wants a double. I've bid on doubles many times just because I liked the game and not to 'run up the price.' Although certainly there are some people that do it just to run up the price :/

You're right, I do need to be careful when inferring people's intentions. I've certainly bid on extra sealed games, or cheap rare games, simply to have trade copies or ones to re-sell later on. I don't think my observations go completely without merit though, but I also think it's perhaps that I get frustrated when it seems that lots that have some of the only few boxes/manuals I need get won over and over by people that already have them, for prices that seem to be over market value. That's an oxymoron though -- if they go for those prices, then apparently market value has changed. Ah well, I think I just woke up on the wrong side this morning!

-Dain

Apr 1, 2007 at 8:52:51 PM
Speedy_NES (158)
Belgium
Originally posted by: Bronty

alright guys, since we were all waiting for this game to show up, you guys have made the front page

Now everyone is going to think the Chubby Cherub auction is an April Fools' joke

Apr 1, 2007 at 9:00:44 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
New High Bidder gentlemen!!
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread