Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Finally bit the bullet and ordered an AVS Couple of questions

Jan 9, 2018 at 10:34:06 AM
Diamante Loco (149)
(gblock mountaineer) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
1) how's compatibility with the Everdrive? If that's all I'm using, I probably don't have to worry about game incompatibility right (other than the ones that aren't playable due to mapper issues, etc)?

2) which version of the firmware is the best/most stable if you're looking for custom palettes?

3) someone on here a long time ago, had a sticker on the door that looked just like the original toasters but it said something like RetroAVS Advanced Video System. Anyone know where to get one (or if not, just a repro of the original door decal)?

Also anything else I should know about the system? (I have a Samsung 1080p TV w/ the game mode option, for those curious)

Thanks!

DLoco

-------------------------

The User formally known as g_block. Same nice guy, different name :-)

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:04:46 AM
StudyHallPanic#@! (6)
(Jason M Hill) < Eggplant Wizard >
Kentucky
I too would like a decal for the door..its way too big and empty for my taste. I considered emailing retrousb and asking them if they can sell me something or creating a thread here to see if someone could make me one.

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:09:49 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: Diamante Loco

1) how's compatibility with the Everdrive? If that's all I'm using, I probably don't have to worry about game incompatibility right (other than the ones that aren't playable due to mapper issues, etc)?
Perfectly compatible. If a game works on an Everdrive+NES, it'll work on the AVS.

2) which version of the firmware is the best/most stable if you're looking for custom palettes?
The firmware 1.20 is the latest firmware and has custom palattes. I use firmare beta 1.10b6, but I'm too lazy to update.

3) someone on here a long time ago, had a sticker on the door that looked just like the original toasters but it said something like RetroAVS Advanced Video System. Anyone know where to get one (or if not, just a repro of the original door decal)?
I've never seen that one. Might have been custom. Mog was selling some that were AVS in white and red.

Here's a set of ones that say Nintendo Entertainment System.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo...

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:11:25 AM
StudyHallPanic#@! (6)
Kentucky
I've bought decals from the guy Tulpa linked to and they are very nice high quality fyi.

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:14:24 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Here's Mogs. I misremembered thinking they were white.

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:04:24 PM
StuOhQ (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
Originally posted by: StudyHallPanic#@!

I've bought decals from the guy Tulpa linked to and they are very nice high quality fyi.

Where did you place the NES decals on the tray? Pics?

Retro Tech Select
Check out my YouTube Channel for old-school gaming goodness!

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:17:39 PM
StudyHallPanic#@! (6)
Kentucky
Originally posted by: StuOhQ

Originally posted by: StudyHallPanic#@!

Where did you place the NES decals on the tray? Pics?

I haven't placed any of this guy's labels on a NES. I bought a Nintendo logo from him that I place on an acrylic display case and the linked decal for my unfinished R.O.B. display case. I was planning to start a thread to show off my R.O.B. display case once it's finished. I still need to hook up the lighting and paint the base NES two-tone gray.

Edit: I've also bought a Sega and some Amiibo decals from him but haven't used them though they seem like they will turn out real nice.

Edited: 01/12/2018 at 01:19 PM by StudyHallPanic#@!

Jan 20, 2018 at 8:14:21 PM
Diamante Loco (149)
(gblock mountaineer) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
got it in today and tinkered with it a bit.

Updated to 1.20, LOVE the Unsaturated V6 pallet!

this is my definite go to for HD NESsing...now I need to sell my Hi-Def modded top loader lol...

The User formally known as g_block. Same nice guy, different name :-)