Jun 14, 2011 at 12:55:48 PM
VGS_MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Bronty

Originally posted by: Alderdragon

Originally posted by: buyatari2

Would you expect so many harder to find titles like that though? Jetsons, RR2, Flintstones? I agree, it sounds sketchy to me. But I hope it isn't!

Well some of the harder titles are rental only. Lots of them ended now.

Whats a sealed Jetsons worth. $200-$400? big jump from  that to F2 which has to be what? 8k? 10k? More? 

I thought the last one went for something like 2.4k?

neither title went for remotely close to that number.    it would be too high for the one title and too low for the other

Too high for Flintstones and too low for Jetsons?  What would you put them at then?  Regardless of what the last sealed Flintstones went for, I think there has been enough time between sales that the market has certainly changed, no?

-------------------------

Jun 14, 2011 at 1:23:52 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: MrMark0673

Would you expect so many harder to find titles like that though? Jetsons, RR2, Flintstones? I agree, it sounds sketchy to me. But I hope it isn't!

Whats a sealed Jetsons worth. $200-$400? big jump from  that to F2 which has to be what? 8k? 10k? More? 

neither title went for remotely close to that number.    it would be too high for the one title and too low for the other

Too high for Flintstones and too low for Jetsons?  What would you put them at then?  Regardless of what the last sealed Flintstones went for, I think there has been enough time between sales that the market has certainly changed, no?

ummmm NO... too high for jetsons and too low for flintstones

EDIT:   Oh wait - I'm talking about the 2.4k.   Are you talking about the set of numbers above that?

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 06/14/2011 at 01:24 PM by Bronty

Jun 14, 2011 at 1:50:18 PM
VGS_MrMark0673 (455)
Massachusetts

Originally posted by: MrMark0673

ummmm NO... too high for jetsons and too low for flintstones

EDIT:   Oh wait - I'm talking about the 2.4k.   Are you talking about the set of numbers above that?

Sorry, I was talking about Adams numbers.

Do you think Jetsons should be valued higher than $200-$400 and Flintstones lower than $8k - $10k?  On second look, I think you were saying that $2.4k was too low and $8-$10k was too high.  What do you think it's at now?  Been so long since the last sale that I honestly have no idea where it would be, though I'm curious what others think.

Edit:  On third look, I get what you're saying.  $2.4 is too high for Jetsons and too low for Flintstones.  Check

Edited: 06/14/2011 at 01:52 PM by VGS_MrMark0673

Jun 14, 2011 at 1:51:29 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
no I was saying 2.4 was too much for jetsons and too low for flinstones.

the value on the flintstones is difficult to determine and I wouldn't really hazard a guess. It would just be a matter of who wanted to pay how much

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Jun 14, 2011 at 2:00:42 PM
VGS_MrMark0673 (455)
Massachusetts
Totally fair enough. If this one is legit, how many confirmed copies does that make? Are any graded, and if so, what are the known grades? Also, anyone know when the last one exchanged hands, when it happened, and how much it went for?

For as much crazy NES info we have here, I haven't been able to find almost anything on sealed Dino Peak sales. Very curious what is actually known at this point.

Edit:  Here not hear*

Edited: 06/14/2011 at 02:01 PM by VGS_MrMark0673

Jun 14, 2011 at 2:21:15 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
last confirmed sales are $33 and $1000. A copy hasn't changed hands in a long time.

Jun 14, 2011 at 2:24:02 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Hmmmm. . . Interesting thread thus far.

Originally posted by: Srimok
I hope not I offered him quite a substantial offer and he never responded

Just out of curiosity, would you mind telling us how much you offered?

Jun 14, 2011 at 2:25:04 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts

last confirmed sales are $33 and $1000. A copy hasn't changed hands in a long time.

Holy crapballs!!! Are you telling me a sealed Dinosaur Peak sold for $33 at one point?

Jun 14, 2011 at 2:26:09 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
might have been 31. it definitely wasn't more than 33.

Jun 14, 2011 at 2:28:48 PM
nintendopower_4_ever (75)

(john smith) < Lolo Lord >
United States
$31 or $33, how long ago was that?

and how much is that sealed clu clu land that just sold for $49.99 worth?

Jun 14, 2011 at 2:34:23 PM
MoeDown (72)
(big hed) < El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: nintendopower_4_ever

$31 or $33, how long ago was that?

and how much is that sealed clu clu land that just sold for $49.99 worth?

That Clu Clu is resealed so it's worth.........whatever a beat up CIB is worth nowadays. That is, assuming it has the proper contents.

Jun 14, 2011 at 2:42:09 PM
Robin Mihara (106)
(Robin Mihara) < Bowser >
Oregon
guys I told him Im a movie star and I would buy all his games for 2k. He snapped and said yes as long as I send him autographs. They are on their way, via overnight mail. Sorry all, now I have everything.

www.ecstasyoforder.com...

Jun 14, 2011 at 2:53:10 PM
Srimok (26)
(! !) < Meka Chicken >
Ontario
Originally posted by: BeaglePuss

I offered him what I thought was a substantial offer ($4000) but maybe not according to this thread.

Jun 14, 2011 at 3:08:45 PM
kimbolemonslice (86)
(Aaron Kit) < Kraid Killer >
Missouri
Originally posted by: robin

guys I told him Im a movie star and I would buy all his games for 2k. He snapped and said yes as long as I send him autographs. They are on their way, via overnight mail. Sorry all, now I have everything.

damn seems like the celebrities get it all handed to them.

Jun 14, 2011 at 3:14:36 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States

I believe it. Sealed prices weren't always what they are now. For the game systems before NES came along a premium wasn't really given to sealed games in the 90's. You get a little bit now but nowhere near what NES has.

I know I bought a sealed Zelda for $15 and multiple Marios sealed for $20 or less. If I wasn't so busy tracking down $1000 Atari games that are worth half or less today I'd really have a nice collection !

If you really want to research what collectors paid for stuff pre DP message boards go check out the google groups. There is plenty good info there. I think most was at rec.games.video.classic but it has been a long time.

Jun 14, 2011 at 3:16:09 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States

Originally posted by: BeaglePuss

I offered him what I thought was a substantial offer ($4000) but maybe not according to this thread.

Well the good news is you have a lock on landing the Jetsons with that offer.

Jun 14, 2011 at 3:19:22 PM
Srimok (26)
(! !) < Meka Chicken >
Ontario
This thread makes me depressed. I think I need to find something else to collect.

Jun 14, 2011 at 3:27:39 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States
Great stuff in a thread talking about the different power pad games.

June 6 2001 8:34 AM

Can someone estimate the value of Stadium Events?

June 6 2001 6:04 PM

I have no idea what it is worth, and it probably isn't that valuable because I don't think it is
in that high of demand (although I am looking for one). It is rarer than the others, though,
because it is essentially Nintendo's Work Class Track Meet (I think) with the original Bandai
name beore Nintendo decided to release it themselves.

Jun 14, 2011 at 3:31:28 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
well that post while entertaining is just uninformed. It was back in 01 that my copy sold for $650? and then $800 on a quick flip

Jun 14, 2011 at 3:31:50 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
so it wasn't that hard to estimate the value back in 01

Jun 14, 2011 at 3:33:24 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
the funny thing is how MUCH 600 or 800 or 1000 was back then. We were all 10 years younger all making less money generally speaking. a thousand bucks was a real kick in the dick

Jun 14, 2011 at 4:28:01 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts

Were these sales two different copies, or the same copy changing hands?  Do you know how many confirmed copies are out there?

Jun 14, 2011 at 4:39:37 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
yes

Jun 14, 2011 at 4:45:04 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
assuming these are all legit it will be quite a set of auctions to watch