Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

pleasant susprise today

Nov 9, 2006 at 3:37:43 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
I won a sword master complete it was one of the last boxes i needed..it arrived today and it was actually a factory sealed copy

-------------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Nov 9, 2006 at 3:44:33 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
oh I also got my complete copy of international superstar soccer 2000 today was a great trip to the mailbox

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Nov 9, 2006 at 5:16:48 PM
Battymo (100)
(Scrubb'n Nutz) < King Solomon >
Nova Scotia
I think the mailman has been stealing my games...

Nov 9, 2006 at 7:16:22 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Nice! That is *definitely* a nice surprise. I still need that box as well, but I have the manual.

-Dain

Nov 9, 2006 at 7:17:05 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Battymo

I think the mailman has been stealing my games...

If I caught my mailman stealing my games, I'd whoop his ass.

-Dain

Nov 10, 2006 at 12:11:55 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Originally posted by: wrldstrman

I won a sword master complete it was one of the last boxes i needed..it arrived today and it was actually a factory sealed copy

If for whatever reason you open it, send me a list of the contents (what it is, item numbers if applicable, etc...right down to cart variations, what type of dust sleeve - yeah it's black, but glossy black or flat black - and any other details). As much info as possible if you would...I'm making a list of game contents over at NESForums...

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Nov 10, 2006 at 8:06:14 AM
jajaja (8)
(jajaja jajaja) < El Ripper >
Other
That is really cool! The exact same thing happend to me a year ago or so. I bought 2 Action 52's for NES from a guy. It was just a small pic in the auction and not much details in the description. When i got them, both where sealed! Its a great feeling isnt it?

Nov 10, 2006 at 9:11:50 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
I got a pleasant surprise yesterday...opened a box that was supposed to just be boxes and manuals...inside was an HES Total Funpak...when I asked the guy who sent it to me, he said he felt that the trade was a bit lopsided (I did part with two somewhat hard to find carts for just some boxes and manuals), so he threw it in as compensation. He said he didn't have a use for it, and he knew I was gunning for all regions at some point, so he tossed it in the box

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Jan 4, 2007 at 12:26:40 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
I sure like days when I get mail better than days that I don't... in my mail box today...

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Jan 4, 2007 at 12:47:27 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
nice!

and finding a sealed sword master sucks, so congrats on a tough one.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 01/04/2007 at 12:48 AM by Bronty