Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2016 Weekly Contests Presents: Golf Contest ends Sunday, 6/26/16 at 11 PM NA time

Jun 19, 2016 at 3:29:01 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan
Hello everyone and welcome to the latest installment of the Weekly Contests!  This week’s game is going to take us to the great outdoors where we are going to hit the links (and no, not Link from the Zelda games) and play some good old NES Black Box Golf.  I’m legendary golfer Bimmy Hogan and I’ve put together a team of some of the best golfers in the world in a rematch against our arch rivals, Team Abobo!  In case you haven’t been keeping score, it is 1-1 in our bitter rivalry.  We took those lunkheads down last year at basketball, but they defeated us last time at baseball, so it’s time to settle the score and get revenge against them for our humiliating baseball loss!  Now let me introduce to you my team of pro golfers that will send the dummyhead Abobos back to the clubhouse in shame.  First of all, I have one of the top golfers in the world today in Williams Woods.  Yeah, he may spend more time nowadays banging women left and right, but when it comes to golf, he can certainly bang the ball into the hole…what are you all laughing at?  I was talking about the golf ball!  Get your mind out of the gutter!  Next up, I have recruited one of my favorite golf masters, Chin Chin Rodriguez.  Not only does he have one of the coolest names in pro golf, but he can always whack the ball all the way down the fairway on any hole in just one stroke!  Stoke me, stoke me, Chin Chin!  Wait…that sounded really gay.  And I’m definitely NOT gay!  Hello, remember my hot babe of a girlfriend, Marian?  Yeah, she may be a bitch at times and yells at me when I leave the toilet seat up or I forget to use a coaster on the coffee table or I accidentally wash her socks with my karate outfits and they turn blue, but man is she ever SMOKIN!  Anyway, I also have up and coming golf ace Rowper McIlroy on my team.  Man does this guy have an arm on him!  He can land on the Green every time he hits the ball!  I also recruited one of the top female golfers for my team from the LPGA, the Lesbian Professional Golfers Association, in Linda Lash.  Wait a second, you’re telling me it’s “Ladies” and not “Lesbians?”  Aren’t most lady golfers a little…light in their loafers?  Oh, that’s tennis!?  Wow, do I feel dumb now.  Sorry, my mistake.  Anyway, she is a master with the putter and can always jam the ball home with just one putt!  And last, but not least, I also have my brother, the ultimate golfer!  The hole-in-one king, the master of swing, the winner of six of that Masters Tournament thing, the Golden Dragon himself, the one, the only, Jimmy Nicklaus!  Yes, I’m well aware we don’t have the same last name!  Look, we’ve been over this before and we have the same father!  That still makes us brothers!  Anyway, I really can’t wait to get revenge on these ‘roided up, shirtless half wits for beating us in baseball.  And especially Bo Abobo for clogging up the toilet at my place when I was chilling with the Battletoads.  Like, dude, who just walks into someone’s place when they are getting gassed by a giant rat, a smelly bull, and an androgynous android and clogs up their toilet to the point where you have to call a plumber that likes to be paid in shrooms?  Well guess what, Bo ADOBO?  I will get the last laugh and my ultimate team of bodacious and radical golfers will get revenge on you!  Hmmmm, Ultimate Team…Revenge…I could really come up with a kickass game sequel.  How about this?  Battletoads and Double Dragon and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Ultimate Team of Karate Heroes Out for Revenge!  No wait, this sounds better: Battletoads, Double Dragon, and Ninja Turtles: The Ultimate Revenge Team!  Wait, this one sounds awesome: The Ultimate Team of Revenge-Seeking Ass-Kickers: Battletoads, Double Dragon, and the Ninja Turtles!  Oh, sorry guys.  I was getting a little carried away and distracted.  It’s just that I have been looking forward to this rematch for months now and I know we are going to get them back for all the toilet clogging and face farting.  Okay, here’s what you need to know to beat these Abobo morons at Golf:

• Play all 18 holes
  • Take your picture after you finish the last hole (either on the last hole screen or the title screen)
  • Lowest score wins
  • Participation: +27 (99)
  • GENRE: Sports

The contest ends Sunday, 6/26/16 at 11 PM NA time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun  

-------------------------

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Edited: 06/27/2016 at 03:56 PM by NintendoAge Moderator

Jun 19, 2016 at 3:53:55 PM
bertsampson (11)
(Andrew Bradley) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
OFFICIAL SCOREBOARD
Golf
 photo Golf JU-0_zpseegxqavk.png
(Sports)
Place Score Username
1 -17 (55) Teknoskan
2 -12 (60) UncleTusk
T-2 -12 (60) bertsampson
4 -11 (61) Ferris Bueller
5 -8 (64) skinnygrinny
6 -7 (65) gutsman004
T-6 -7 (65) Krunch
8 -6 (66) the tall guy
Participation
9 -5 (67) Brock Landers
10 -3 (69) Commander Santa
11 +0 (72) SuperJimtendo
12 +1 (73) Twarwick07
13 +2 (74) mattbep
14 +3 (75) Seppatoni
15 +6 (78) dukeofhurl99
16 +7 (79) arnpoly
17 +13 (85) Double0Seven
18 +14 (86) barrelsAndRivets
19 +19 (91) JamesRobot
20 +25 (97) Richardhead

Edited: 06/28/2016 at 07:41 AM by bertsampson

Jun 19, 2016 at 3:56:32 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Oooh boy. 18 holes doesn't sound good. And I have a history of rage quitting golf games...

Actually I have a rage history with golf period.  I'm the guy who throws his wedge at his bag

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Jun 19, 2016 at 4:33:37 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Nice write up bimmy  

Looks like I'll take an extra bye week  

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Jun 19, 2016 at 4:43:17 PM
Richardhead (13)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

Nice write up bimmy  

Looks like I'll take an extra bye week  

"Look at me, my name is Skinny Grinny and I've got a massive lead so I don't need to play Golf this week"😋

Jun 19, 2016 at 4:47:16 PM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
And yet another masterful intro Bimmy! I hate face fartting!! Let's kick some ass😋

Jun 19, 2016 at 4:48:32 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil
Count me out of this one.
Can't stand golf in any form.

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Jun 19, 2016 at 5:02:28 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Hopefully this will be a better week!

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Jun 19, 2016 at 5:03:24 PM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado
score: Par +0 72

*i thought I missed my picture opportunity but it scrolls through the maps from the title screen. If this picture is invalid I'll just have to try again*

Games got a bit of a learning curve too it, but it's not as bad as I originally thought. Let's grind through and see what happens.

owner of post 5000 in the age of Aquarius thread

Original Paintings for sale : https://www.etsy.com/shop/UVCStudios

Edited: 06/19/2016 at 10:08 PM by SuperJimtendo

Jun 19, 2016 at 5:18:10 PM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
Originally posted by: SuperJimtendo

Games got a bit of a learning curve too it, but it's not as bad as I originally thought. Let's grind through and see what happens

Yeah it does, your mom has also got a bit of a learning curve but you see me complaining about that !!!

Jun 19, 2016 at 5:19:15 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

Games got a bit of a learning curve too it, but it's not as bad as I originally thought. Let's grind through and see what happens

You really do have to know what clubs to use for what situation, unlike some other golf clubs where it automatically selects the proper club.

For anyone who doesn't know....

Woods - Used for driving the ball long distances....the lower the number the more drive you will get (same goes for all clubs)

Irons - Used when the ball is closer to the green, a good rule of thumb is 200yards or less from the green/hole.

Pitching Wedge - Used when the ball is about 50 yards or so from the green, it causes the ball to fly up into the air instead of a straight drive.

Sand Wedge - Get yourself out of sand bunks......

Putter - Smash against the ground and throw it into the woods when you miss your putt 100 times.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jun 19, 2016 at 6:17:10 PM
JamesRobot (22)
(JamsGobot ) < King Solomon >
Colorado
Edit: Ok, I have had my fun.  I'll just leave this here for posterity.

Edited: 06/21/2016 at 11:10 PM by JamesRobot

Jun 19, 2016 at 6:19:33 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Oh yea and make SURE you take your picture after the last hole because it will go to the title screen within 10 seconds or so.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jun 19, 2016 at 6:25:53 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan
If you guys are having a hard time getting a picture at the end of the last hole, you can also take your picture on the Title Screen.

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Edited: 06/19/2016 at 06:26 PM by bimmy_lee

Jun 19, 2016 at 6:27:26 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
Originally posted by: ToxieRules

Oh yea and make SURE you take your picture after the last hole because it will go to the title screen within 10 seconds or so.

We will accept a picture taken on the title screen, cause when you play better than 100 strokes (+28) your score take the place of the default 'best score'.

Jun 19, 2016 at 6:36:12 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
My score ended up being +28.......hahahah! I wouldn't have ever noticed.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jun 19, 2016 at 7:42:14 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >

Ouch.  How long does a round take?

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak

Jun 19, 2016 at 7:43:17 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Ouch.  How long does a round take?

20 minutes....it isn't too bad....I was +2 on the 10th hole and completely just shit the bed on some putts.

....You'll see...

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jun 19, 2016 at 7:45:25 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Sadly, I'm sure I will. Still recall the time I smashed my case for Hot Shots Golf 3 against the wall...

Jun 19, 2016 at 9:48:15 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Bea_Iank

Oh yeah, what about NOW!?!?

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Edited: 06/19/2016 at 09:49 PM by Uncle Meat

Jun 19, 2016 at 9:50:25 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil

Nope.
Abusive ex was... way into golf. No way I will ever be able to stand that stuff again. No matter how much Fabio one tops it with.

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Jun 19, 2016 at 9:52:31 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario

Nope.
Abusive ex was... way into golf. No way I will ever be able to stand that stuff again. No matter how much Fabio one tops it with.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jun 19, 2016 at 9:53:26 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Did a few holes, then went to dinner, and came back to a green screen. Think I was in the neighborhood of +12 already

Jun 19, 2016 at 9:54:49 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Yeah my +28 for a first try honestly was not that bad.......This is the only game my Grandpa would ever play, I have to try and honor him and do good this week.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jun 19, 2016 at 9:58:59 PM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado
Originally posted by: JamesRobot

Score updated on page 4 to 13350, may not be much, but its 50 points more than blowbot currently has, so theres always that!

Derp!  I'm StupidFatTendo and I'm the biggest idiot ever!   

Since our little rivalry has devolved into childish name calling, I suppose outright mockery isn't out of the question!

At least you used the fancy script font

owner of post 5000 in the age of Aquarius thread

Original Paintings for sale : https://www.etsy.com/shop/UVCStudios