NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

I hate game horders/I'm an angry gamer

LOCKED TOPIC

Jan 9, 2014 at 5:43:04 AM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
You know the people who horde multiples of games/systems, thus taking away other peoples chances on owning them? I get collecting two of one game, one CIB and one cart only so you can keep your CIB nice and minty, but have the cart to play. And to a degree I get collecting Pal/US and Japanese versions...it's a little harder to accept people collecting little tiny variations on boxes/labels but whatever...as long as you don't have five of the same damn game.

Another thing I hate is resellers. Now i'm not talking about gamers who will buy a game or two to resell on ebay to get some bucks for collecting. No i'm talking about these scums of the earth that go to swap meets/flea markets/yard sales and grab up every game worth anything, offering the owners very little and then turning around and reselling them for three times the price. These people don't even freaking play games! They just resell them!!!!!! I've seen it happen right in front of my eyes...our local (and only swap meet) has a few of these creeps. What's worse is they act like they know everything. I was trying to haggle with one of them (foolish I know) on a game that I knew went for x amount on ebay, the guy said it was super rare so thats why it had a high price. I looked him right in the face and told him that I knew exactly how much it goes for on ebay, that it's not rare since I saw about two copies of the game that day and I happen to own the game (My game had some label damage so I was trying to upgrade). I just left after that. Maybe it's because i'm a chick and men still think that women are dumbshits when it comes to gaming..idk. But that's what it feels like when I'm haggling with some people..not just resellers.

I also hate when people put stickers on labels/write on games or otherwise make it a pain in the ass to clean a game. Like Gamestop using those super hard to get off in one peice and not leave sticky shit leftover labels, or thrift stores that write the prices of games on the cases/games/consoles. How the hell am I supposed to get that shit off? Some of it can be cleaned with rubbing alcohol yes or if it's really bad a Mr. Clean magic eraser (if you don't rub hard), but some of it just will NOT come off. Case in point, I have three NES consoles that I picked up from a thrift store (yes I am planning on selling them for collecting money and not hording them), they wrote the price on the bottom...in permanent marker! I don't know how i'll get that off.

One last thing I hate? Collecting in the Seattle area. It's like a black hole for games, everything good gets sucked in and vanishes while everything left is...shit. Sports games and shovelware...gee what I always wanted. Or ten thousand broken Xboxes...or tons of shittastic Xbox games (I really dislike Xbox lol). I am going against a few big collectors...who no doubt have way more money then me, more time, can travel farther then me (I don't drive) and of course have friends and family to help them. While I have little to no money, lots of time but can't use it for collecting since I can't travel far, and don't have any friends. Also my family doesn't game at all. I'll be here till the day I die trying to get a collection going...

I just had to vent, so sorry. Anyways about me...not much to know. I live at home with my parents, I dropped out of high school because of medical issues, my dad lost his job so our insurance dried up so I still am dealing with the medical issues, I have no job because of medical issues, I can't get a GED because of medical issues, I'm pretty much stuck in a life that I hate...my only enjoyment is gaming, sleeping and my boyfriend. Most of my time is spent sleeping so I don't have to be awake and suffer in pain from those same medical issues. Lately though it's hard to get to sleep because of the pain. When I am awake I lose myself in games. Before I started having this really bad pain and 0 energy I used to try and clean/fix up old games/consoles. I like to rescue these things and sell them in the hopes that they'll have a good home with gamers who love them.

I like food, reading, collecting sailor moon stuff, hello kitty stuff, games, game related items and or odd things that interest me like fallout related items (game and real life 50's era stuff), watching anime, crafting, fixing consoles, art related projects, music, zombie stuff (shows, movies, books, games) and thinking how great it would be if the world went to hell and zombies were real.

My favorite games would have to be Zelda games, Fallout games, Kirby games and Mario games. In that order. My all time favorite game would be The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Fallout 3/Fallout NV/Kirby and The Crystal Shards or Kirby's Air Ride. It sort of changes...but those are some of my top fave games.

Uh what else...oh grew up on the NES then went to SNES, then N64, then I switched it up and went to PS1, I went back to Nintendo but didn't care for their first disc system the GameCube. Took me a while to like it...and even then I still think the N64 was Nintendo's last great system. Of course I had the handhelds, loved me some Gameboy but like the GC...I was against the DS...still kinda am. I believe it's filled with crappy kids/family games and shovelware. But it does have a few good games, good enough for me to buy a 3DS in the hopes it will have some good games. Anyways back to the PS. I simply fell in love with the PS1, Spyro games made me almost turn my back on Nintendo for good..for a while there I was a Sony girl. I loved the PS2 hard...today it's still my biggest game collection. I also have the PS3, didn't fall in love with it...at least not in the same way I fell in love with the other PS's. This time it was sort of a....growing on you kind of love. I'll always have a place in my heart for it since it actually kept me sane in a very trying point in my life. As for other systems...I dislike the Xbox...it was aimed at males and the games scream male gamers play me. The PS3 is liked better by female gamers, all the ones I have met (which is few but enough to make me think about it) have said they like the PS3 way more then the Xbox. And Sega...well since i'm a Nintendo girl...Sega sucks. Some games are better on the Genesis then the SNES but very few. The SNES was better by far. And the GG...don't get me started on it. I can't say anything about the Saturn since I don't have one and the DreamCast since I only have one game for it.

I think that's about it. Oh one thing, I hate my tiny ass collection and it's driving me nuts that I have a tiny collection.

-------------------------
My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

Jan 9, 2014 at 5:45:42 AM
ZombieGuyGeezus (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
Welcome! Hopefully NA can harm you icy heart with its cool island song.

VideoGameSage.com

Jan 9, 2014 at 6:13:09 AM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Originally posted by: RegularGuyGamer

Welcome! Hopefully NA can harm you icy heart with its cool island song.

You mean warm my icy heart with a warm island song right? lol

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

Jan 9, 2014 at 6:19:33 AM
ZombieGuyGeezus (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
No no cool your hot heart with a warm island song.

VideoGameSage.com

Jan 9, 2014 at 6:55:12 AM
jfreakofkorn (23)
< King Solomon >
United States
welcome to the show ....

we all have to vent in one matter or another ( i vent by repairing cars/ trucks )

how big is this small collection of yours ....?? any games out there that your in the searching of playing ...??

once again, welcome =)

Jan 9, 2014 at 7:20:52 AM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Welcome aboard. You already made it obvious you hate me. A small part of my soul cries. For the rest has been sold to the reselling DeViL for a 3rd copy of Wild Guns. He even tossed in the cover to the manual... Ahh just playin I'm bitter to the core and never cry.

FS/FT/FO: Nintendo Handhelds, Demos/NFRs, Development Equipment, Prototypes, and more http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...
Always looking to buy Nintendo Not For Resale titles, Promo items, Development/Test Equipment, and Nintendo Platform Prototypes.

Edited: 01/09/2014 at 07:44 AM by JaxsBox

Jan 9, 2014 at 7:30:44 AM
Jig (4)
(Josh ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
How did that feel to get out? You say you don't really like the Gamecube...maybe playing Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem will fix that problem. The GC is pretty awesome.

Jan 9, 2014 at 7:37:28 AM
sadikyo (89)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
Wow what an intro! I'm not really sure how to respond...Welcome I think?

Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:16:47 AM
m308gunner (63)
(Jason ) < King Solomon >
Connecticut
Welcome to NA. Let the healing begin.

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:22:50 AM
Slayter (61)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Maryland
Very informative intro and welcome! I feel like I know you. And it should be "I hate game hoarders".

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:36:04 AM
attakid101 (19)
(Fredo ) < King Solomon >
Idaho
Yeah, you totally spelled "hoarders" wrong. Your whole diatribe is rendered invalid. Also, WELCOME TO NA!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 XOXOXOXO!!!!!

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:51:04 AM
jkenned5 (131)
(Jordan Kennedy) < King Solomon >
Ontario
if you read my sig you may hate me lol

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:12:57 AM
pujolsfan (116)
< King Solomon >
Missouri
Welcome to NA! I don't have a problem with people hoarding hundreds of copies of the same game. The supply for most games is bigger than the demand. SO many copies of games were made that it really doesn't matter. If you want a game, you'll be able to find it.

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:26:09 AM
USFLegend (63)
(Adam ) < Kraid Killer >
Florida
Welcome to NA! I can't wait until you meet the Jurassic Park collector or the dragon warrior collector or even the Mario / duck hunt collector!

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:48:22 AM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
I'll just leave this here....

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:12:22 PM
enysse (3)

< Tourian Tourist >
Welcome to NA, give the gamecube time, the games are cheap. The system I think is well built.

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:37:44 PM
fsped09 (234)
(( nes-city.com )) < King Solomon >
New York
You need a TL;DR at the bottom. Welcome to NA!

Jan 9, 2014 at 7:10:54 PM
sephiaya (9)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Australia
I LOVE HOARDING....

I LOVE RESELLING....

I LOVE BUYING GAMES CHEAP....

I don't think i should post further in this topic.

Jan 9, 2014 at 7:56:03 PM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
Yeah, hope you are not looking for a game called Jurassic Park.

There is a blackhole called K3VBOT that has swallowed up almost all available copies, and the game has since became an uber rare 4.99 title

Oh... And Welcome to NA! I hate everything under the sun also!

Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:05:30 PM
Holy-SNES (47)
(Almost there :D) < Meka Chicken >
Victoria
Originally posted by: Br81zad

I'll just leave this here....

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&thr...

^LOL

I once knew a butcher who was a vegetarian! Shame on him for not eating beef and only 'reselling' it... At more than what it costs me to keep a fresh cow in my yard! And what's worse, he had more than one cow chopped up in his shop! That dirty reseller butcher hoarding all the cows.
I have about 10 rooms in my house and I'm going to buy 10 SNES' and 10 of each game, just so I don't have to walk to my 'main' room to grab a cart, because I'm a lazy ass.

Welcome to NA

Jan 10, 2014 at 2:08:46 AM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Originally posted by: jfreakofkorn

welcome to the show ....

we all have to vent in one matter or another ( i vent by repairing cars/ trucks )

how big is this small collection of yours ....?? any games out there that your in the searching of playing ...??

once again, welcome =)
It's small...and what? I don't quite understand what your asking....

@Jaxsbox Unless you live in Seattle, have a Youtube channel, and like retro games...your not the person I hate.

@Jig Quite good actually...venting is good for the soul. And I'm so-so on the GC. It has some good titles but like I said Seattle is a black hole for good games so it's hard to find good games for it. Unless you plan on spending an arm and a leg for a game. Which is what that game would cost around here...if you could find it.

@Pujolsfan hahahahaha! If I want a game, I'll be able to find it? Yeah no. Seattle = black hole for games.

@Enysse idk what world you live in but GC games are not cheap. Sports games for the GC are but thats about it.

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:25:26 AM
DoctorNick (76)
(Nick ) < El Ripper >
Ohio
Welcome to the site, prepare for plenty of deals and steals in the FS/FT/FO thread. Just bug the same member for a week straight and they'll finally sell you a game for cheap.

"100% agree. I'll never bargain shop for tattoos or condoms."  -thenickross 2015

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:49:07 AM
Jerbilly (62)
(Jeremy ) < Master Higgins >
Michigan
Originally posted by: DoctorNick

Welcome to the site, prepare for plenty of deals and steals in the FS/FT/FO thread. Just bug the same member for a week straight and they'll finally sell you a game for cheap.

Are you asking folks to bug you?

Jan 10, 2014 at 6:13:08 AM
DoctorNick (76)
(Nick ) < El Ripper >
Ohio
I have nothing FS so there is nothing worth bugging me about

"100% agree. I'll never bargain shop for tattoos or condoms."  -thenickross 2015

Jan 10, 2014 at 6:15:58 AM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Originally posted by: DoctorNick

Oh really? This i'd like to see.