Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2016 Weekly Contests Presents: Mighty Bomb Jack Contest ends Sunday, 9/25/16 at 11 PM NA time

Sep 25, 2016 at 10:38:51 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
NOOOOOOOOOOO

Goddamn torture room!

-------------------------

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Edited: 09/25/2016 at 10:41 PM by Brock Landers

Sep 25, 2016 at 10:46:34 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Sandafloor gonna win the icon?

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Sep 25, 2016 at 10:50:24 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
You are such a bullshitter. Gonna wait until 10:59?

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak

Sep 25, 2016 at 10:55:24 PM
EgasKrad (17)
(AJ ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin

Sep 25, 2016 at 10:57:25 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Sep 25, 2016 at 11:03:30 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
I wish I'd gotten fifth place so I could tie with arn for 4th on the leader board. Oh well. There's still two more games to go.

Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion

Sep 25, 2016 at 11:05:02 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

You are such a bullshitter. Gonna wait until 10:59?

Lol   I guess I'm a bit of a bullshiter   

no time to grind this week, so no grinder, Kobra Kai no good   

I'm pretty sure you won the icon? 

Sep 25, 2016 at 11:05:15 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Someone want to figure out the standings real quick? I would but the wife just got home

Sep 25, 2016 at 11:13:29 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Bert will finish 3rd and Brock will finish 4th in this contest, so it looks like Brock will beat bert by 1 point to get the action platformer icon.

Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion

Sep 25, 2016 at 11:17:45 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida
Wooooo sandafloor!!! Congrats dude!

Sep 25, 2016 at 11:24:34 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

You sandbagger.  You could of easily won it this week.

Sep 25, 2016 at 11:28:04 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

You sandbagger.  You could of easily won it this week.

You won fair and square my friend   

*bows* 

Sep 26, 2016 at 4:58:28 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida
Originally posted by: bertsampson

You're a weird guy skinny, weird guy!

Just easing the tension baby, just easing the tension   

Sep 26, 2016 at 6:42:49 AM
Jandrem (6)
(Josh ) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

May I ask where you got the purple buttons/dpad for your nes controller? All I can find online are Game Boy buttons that supposedly fit, but I want concave AB buttons, not convex like GB's. 

My FS/FO thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Sep 26, 2016 at 7:37:15 AM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil
Alas, I couldn't even tie with Skinny for third place in the final standings. A pity.
Good job guys, it has been fun.  

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Sep 26, 2016 at 9:18:27 AM
tablew/chairs (11)
< Meka Chicken >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Bea_Iank

Did some quick memory sniffing. No clue as of yet of where the GDV is being stored.
I guess tomorrow I will have to record the inputs of a full play through and step debug it at the parts where important items are picked.
It also might be that the bonus multipliers at the end room play a part on it. I never got too many of those, and they are supposed to go up to 5x.

not sure if the wiki mentioned it but the B coins drop when your score crosses a 5000 point mark in the bonus room so the first level for example I could score like 31,000 but I was better off getting 29900 and then entering the room collecting one bomb and making the first coin drop giving me 2x on every bomb and enemy and allowing my score to more quickly pass another 5000 to drop the 3x which then makes the 4x and 5x drop sooner 

also if you get the 5x coin each jump is worth 50 points instead of 10 points and each second on the clock is only worth 100 points so if you can do 3 or more jumps each second you score more points hanging out in the bonus room making jumps until 1 second is left and you have to exit

Sep 26, 2016 at 9:43:03 AM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
Originally posted by: tablew/chairs

Did some quick memory sniffing. No clue as of yet of where the GDV is being stored.
I guess tomorrow I will have to record the inputs of a full play through and step debug it at the parts where important items are picked.
It also might be that the bonus multipliers at the end room play a part on it. I never got too many of those, and they are supposed to go up to 5x.

not sure if the wiki mentioned it but the B coins drop when your score crosses a 5000 point mark in the bonus room so the first level for example I could score like 31,000 but I was better off getting 29900 and then entering the room collecting one bomb and making the first coin drop giving me 2x on every bomb and enemy and allowing my score to more quickly pass another 5000 to drop the 3x which then makes the 4x and 5x drop sooner 

also if you get the 5x coin each jump is worth 50 points instead of 10 points and each second on the clock is only worth 100 points so if you can do 3 or more jumps each second you score more points hanging out in the bonus room making jumps until 1 second is left and you have to exit

That is very interesting information that wasn't on the wiki, no.
Did you beat the game to get your score? Your GDV was 2 points lower than mine, even on my sub 3 millions score, so I am wondering if this impacts on the GDV or not.

Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.

Sep 26, 2016 at 10:18:01 AM
tablew/chairs (11)
< Meka Chicken >
Michigan
yes I beat the game twice with the good ending and I was getting 1 million points when I collected the thing from the last chamber on 17. The first game I had 2.7 million and 69 Gdv but I also had a game where I died somewhere between 13 and 17 and only had 1.75million but still got 69 Gdv so go figure

also I just saw your post about the p ball when I was collecting the bombs in order i could get a p ball every ten bombs but I think if I did out of order it might have been 20
I noticed any bombs you collected before opening a chest to get p ball or while the music from collecting the p was playing did not count toward the next p ball

Sep 26, 2016 at 10:33:29 AM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
Aye, the p ball shows up after you collect 2K points worth of bombs, which is why you get them with 10 pick ups if you pick the bombs in order and 20 if you pick them out of order. But it seems this counter gets reset when you use the level 3 power to turn enemies into coins.

Sep 27, 2016 at 8:32:05 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Did you guys not visit the Japanese site where he breaks down the game?

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Sep 27, 2016 at 9:07:57 AM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
I haven't found such site.
Do you have a link? Maybe he has some clue on how the GDV works already.

Sep 27, 2016 at 9:13:41 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas

You guys are lucky I'm so busy. I really enjoyed MBJ and if I'd had some time, think I could've dominated. It's a little broken when you translate it, but it breaks down the game completely.

http://www1.odn.ne.jp/horus02/tit...

Sep 27, 2016 at 10:00:20 AM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil

You guys are lucky I'm so busy. I really enjoyed MBJ and if I'd had some time, think I could've dominated. It's a little broken when you translate it, but it breaks down the game completely.

http://www1.odn.ne.jp/horus02/title.html

Interesting.
He doesn't have any explanation on how the GDV works, though.
I will check it more thoroughly tonight at home.

Sep 27, 2016 at 10:08:02 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas

He talks about it here: http://www1.odn.ne.jp/horus02/gdv...

From what I can understand from the shitty google translate, it's how accurate you do the balloon collecting, because there is an order to collect them indicated by the sounds made as you collect them. I never would have caught that, as I play with the sound off. I'm also bad about not reading instructions.

Edited: 09/27/2016 at 10:08 AM by Ferris Bueller

Sep 27, 2016 at 10:20:34 AM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil

He talks about it here: http://www1.odn.ne.jp/horus02/gdv.html

From what I can understand from the shitty google translate, it's how accurate you do the balloon collecting, because there is an order to collect them indicated by the sounds made as you collect them. I never would have caught that, as I play with the sound off. I'm also bad about not reading instructions.

He doesn't say much about the GDV there, only that he doesn't know how it is calculated and that he broke the 100 mark on it before.
The rest of his pages seem a lot like the strategy wiki ones, with his scores in the screenshots pretty similar to mine on my last run.
There is one page with some absurd scores where he talks about breaking the game, but I didn't look at it in depth yet.