Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

dont get this site

Aug 23, 2017 at 11:17:19 AM
star-soldier-x (2)

< Little Mac >
hi all

im new to this site, i usually use sealed game heaven, but i like the look of this site, and the community seems alive here compared to sgh. id love to share my collection, buy, sell, and trade games here.

i love the awards, and its perfect to catalog your games, makes me want to collect more, but i really dont understand certain things like...

i no this is a nintendo site, and not really geared towards xbox, sony, sega etc. and to be a real game collector everyone needs some nintendo, but what is the point in listing my collection if i cant list my xbox, my pc engine etc, that makes no sense. i want to catalog my dream collection here, not a part of it.

do i really need to join an xbox site to list my 30 odd games ? when i want to see my whole collection in 1 forum. that seems really stupid. i see they updated ps1 etc to this site, and i still have not worked out how to add those games to my colection yet. also, another question, this site cant find some games i look up nintendo wise, strange, can i add them myself ? if i cant, then this site is definatly totally weird. and there would be 0 reason to catalog my games i collect as many cant be found and many arnt compatable with this site. 

so you can only add what systems admin let you add, and only what games and variations they have bothered to look up and add to the site. sounds really exciting

Aug 23, 2017 at 11:31:02 AM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
You can track any system here no problem. If you're talking about the game database for collection tracking, check out my Silent Hill collection here: http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

See how there's tabs for the different systems? Lots of Playstation no problem!

I'm sure you can do what you need to here, it just might take some searching around and/or asking for help!

-------------------------

Aug 23, 2017 at 11:45:23 AM
star-soldier-x (2)

< Little Mac >
Originally posted by: Gloves

You can track any system here no problem. If you're talking about the game database for collection tracking, check out my Silent Hill collection here: http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=My.Collection.Ed...

I'm sure you can do what you need to here, it just might take some searching around and/or asking for help!

thanks for your help and your reply, but this site seems to only include nintendo, sega, and sony. so if you collect xbox, atari, pc engine etc, your out of luck. so i start with catalogging my ps1 games, it cant find any japanese megaman games, and if i stick to just ntsc, which would just be a waste of time, it does not have no greatest hits version or 15th annivasery version of megaman 8 on there system. so thats why i made this post, to confirm that you cant add other systems or even add missing games your self.

Aug 23, 2017 at 11:48:44 AM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: star-soldier-x

Originally posted by: Gloves

You can track any system here no problem. If you're talking about the game database for collection tracking, check out my Silent Hill collection here: http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=My.Collection.Ed...

thanks for your help and your reply, but this site seems to only include nintendo, sega, and sony. so if you collect xbox, atari, pc engine etc, your out of luck. so i start with catalogging my ps1 games, it cant find any japanese megaman games, and if i stick to just ntsc, which would just be a waste of time, it does not have no greatest hits version or 15th annivasery version of megaman 8 on there system. so thats why i made this post, to confirm that you cant add other systems or even add missing games your self.

You can definitely add stuff yourself, including custom items (such as prototypes etc.). You just have to enter manually, like I've done for my Final Fantasy collection here: http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

See how I've listed each item under Canada, and like this: [3DS] Final Fantasy Explorers

So I've manually put in the system, followed by the name. I did this because for FF I wanted everything to be in a single view. Frankly I'm not sure there's a single place that will have absolutely every game for every console and region ready to be catalogued in a collection, so doing as I've done there may be your best bet.

Aug 23, 2017 at 11:49:08 AM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
So you're a newcomer to the site, and immediately finding issue with the fact that it's Nintendo-oriented (thus the name), and not a one-stop, self-service, all-inclusive collecting hub?

There is a sub-forum, Site Suggestions and Feedback, that is more appropriate for your concerns.

Welcome to the site, but I think you need to take a step back, temper your expectations, and realize what this site is really about before laying your demands out on the table (unrealistic or otherwise).

Edited: 08/23/2017 at 11:50 AM by barrels

Aug 23, 2017 at 11:52:40 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: star-soldier-x

thanks for your help and your reply, but this site seems to only include nintendo, sega, and sony. so if you collect xbox, atari, pc engine etc, your out of luck.

SegaAge and PlaystationAge are sister sites to this one, so the collection tools are linked. There's AtariAge, but they're not an affiliated site, and I don't see any collection tools on their site, other than their general database.

Most of the Xbox sites/forums are run by Microsoft. I'm sure there are some independent communities, though. The PC-Engine/Turbo crowd kind of does their own thing.

I get that a lot of collectors overlap, but I don't think we can merge with every single retro collecting community out there.

Edited: 08/23/2017 at 11:53 AM by Tulpa

Aug 23, 2017 at 1:08:43 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Yeah, there's a way you can manually add a list to whatever you want, so XBOX and PC Engine is totally fine here. I know it's mostly a Nintendo site, but nobody ever gets shunned for liking other things (I'm mostly a Sega dude myself than anything)

Heck, if you wanna, you can throw a grocery list in your collections such as milk and eggs. Just make a column of what you have in the list loader tab in the collections section, and edit them all manually later on.

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Aug 23, 2017 at 1:52:04 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Welcome to NA!!!

Aug 23, 2017 at 5:03:24 PM
BigHero1006 (26)
< Meka Chicken >
Nebraska
People buy and sell all types of games here, not just Nintendo. I have bought Xbox and PS2 here myself. As far as tracking my collection the NES Collector application is what I use. It tracks everything not just Nintendo. It also gives recent Ebay sales and what collector say they bought it at.

Welcome to NA!

It’s a Nintendo Entertainment System….If I wanted to play Sega I’d call your sister!

Aug 23, 2017 at 8:50:50 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Welcome

Playas Guide Logo

Aug 23, 2017 at 9:24:18 PM
zfleming54 (65)
< Meka Chicken >
Iowa
I am a huge OG XBOX collector and I used to feel the same way but I started using Gamevaluenow to catalogue my games and I don't even use the collection tracker on NA anymore. It is also my understanding that you will be able to view others' collections on gamevaluenow soon so you can probably link it to your NA account and you'll be set.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4911-9662-4119