Do you believe in UFOs?

Oct 16 at 12:20:24 PM
tbone3969 (67)
< Lolo Lord >
United States
Originally posted by: avatar!

Originally posted by: tbone3969

As a scientist that works in space physics and various fun and geeky research, my answer is a solid NO.
Sure, maybe somewhere in our galaxy, let alone the Universe, there are advanced civilizations capable of traveling light years. Our current technology would not allow us to travel to Alpha Centauri, our nearest neighbor, even if we had to. Furthermore, if we put our resources together to launch a probe to reach Alpha Centauri, given our technology it would take about 50,000 years or longer. How would we power it? How would we make sure it got there? No answers. Given all this, I find it hard to believe that an extraterrestrial civilization would just happen to come visit Earth. As for "weird videos" - sure, lots of them. All of them showing either natural phenomena or something made by people.
As a scietist, how do you explain this?  I am not trying to be flippant, I am genuinely curious.

allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="280" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CnI..." width="500">>

In science, the "easiest answer" is often the most likely. So
1)Testing of new technologies Could be American, Russian, Chinese... who knows. Missles, airplanes, drones, something along those lines. 

2)Sometimes there are "weird" things that can happen. For example, radar has been known to erroneously reported multiple bogies, where in fact there was only one, and sometimes to report one, where there are none. Furthermore these phantom UFOs can do erratic and strange movements because they simply don't exist. 

You obviously didn't listen/watch the whole podcast as the Captain clearly showed that the UFO was "actively jamming" their radar and they switched to other ways to see the object (one was in essence a black and white TV image I think and one thermal imaging.  Somehting like that.  Please watch it as the Captain explains everything very clearly and this is actual Navy footage released by the Pentagon, it's legit).  When you say testing of new technologies.... they go into that in the clip as well as nothing we know of could have moved that fast if it was an actual ship.  No rippling of the waves below, no trail from jet engines, etc.

-------------------------
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Edited: 10/16/2019 at 12:34 PM by tbone3969

Oct 16 at 12:29:43 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: DarkTone

Not yet. I need to see more confirmation.

More confirmation? How about "any" confirmation.

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Oct 16 at 12:35:20 PM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
When I was younger I did, because of the odds. And I thought it was interesting/affirming that so many of the anecdotes seemed to describe the "spacecraft" with similarish movement patterns (basically not being subject to laws of inertia). I even saw a speck myself when I was outside a tiny town in South America where there was NO light pollution. It looked like a satellite (faint speck moving across the sky) until it suddenly stopped, then sped off in a different direction. Satellites can't do that.

Now that I know more about the scale of things in the solar system, galaxy, universe etc, I very much doubt that any alien being would waste their time traveling all the way to us so that they could NOT interact with us, hide from us, etc. So I still think there is other life out there, again because of the odds, but no, they've never been here.

I remember watching a documentary that included the guy who sells real estate on the moon, and he said some stuff about some aliens from other planets wanting to have a big interplanetary meeting on the moon, and that this guy was invited but he couldn't talk about it. Why would these beings want to travel all that way, only to have a meeting on a tiny grey rock, and not the larger, more varied planet right next to it? I feel that way about Earth; there are probably some much more interesting planets "nearby" to anyone who is able to travel those distances.

Oct 16 at 3:40:29 PM
DaneNES (7)
< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Well...For one to believe in “Bigfoot”... you would have to believe in UFOs. (if you have to ask why, then you’ll never know..) And I believe in bigfoot... I think?
I tend to lean towards ancient aliens over god as a creator.
It’s kind of a loaded question.
id say I believe UFOs are out there as much as I believe in god?
this post has caused me to look within myself as an adult, and ask my very soul what I actually, truly believe...
how bout’ this... I don’t really fully believe anything... but I hope Bigfoot and aliens are real.
Is that faith?🤔

“Be quiet brain, or ill stab you with a Q-tip” ~Homer Simpson 

Edited: 10/16/2019 at 03:43 PM by DaneNES

Oct 16 at 3:42:22 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: DaneNES

Well...For one to believe in “Bigfoot”... you would have to believe in UFOs. And I believe in bigfoot... I think.

What? No. Why would you think that? One is terrestial while the other isn't. That's like saying in order to enjoy Christmas, you have to believe in Jesus. Neither have anything to do with each other.

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Oct 16 at 3:46:48 PM
DaneNES (7)
< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: dra600n

Well...For one to believe in “Bigfoot”... you would have to believe in UFOs. And I believe in bigfoot... I think.

What? No. Why would you think that? One is terrestial while the other isn't. That's like saying in order to enjoy Christmas, you have to believe in Jesus. Neither have anything to do with each other.

Do you really want to do this here? Lol
 let’s try to sum it up. Bigfoot is original humanoid indigenous to earth. Aliens dropped us off and we pushed Bigfoot back into the wild. The “ missing link” between monkeys and humans. They evolved into Bigfoot. It’s a cool theory, really.

Oct 16 at 3:51:10 PM
DaneNES (7)
< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina

This is nuts. If you have time, watch it. Bad quality, fascinating info. Makes ya think.

Oct 16 at 3:52:45 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut

Do you really want to do this here? Lol
 let’s try to sum it up. Bigfoot is original humanoid indigenous to earth. Aliens dropped us off and we pushed Bigfoot back into the wild. The “ missing link” between monkeys and humans. They evolved into Bigfoot. It’s a cool theory, really.
I do. You made a superfluous statement that makes no sense. Why do you have to believe in ET to believe in Bigfoot? They have zero to do with each other, other than anecdotal evidence the either exist.

I mean, if you want to pull some galaticlint BS and start up with conspiracy theories that have zero way to be proven, that's up to you. To say you have to believe in one to believe in the other is 100% nonsense, and you know this.

Oct 16 at 3:53:49 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut

This is nuts. If you have time, watch it. Bad quality, fascinating info. Makes ya think.

allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="280" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/e5q..." width="500">>

So nothing more than anecodotes. Gotcha.

Oct 16 at 4:39:01 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky

Nah it's more like, "... Ya gotta know what a crumpet is to understand Cricket."

Oct 16 at 4:41:20 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: Br81zad

Nah it's more like, "... Ya gotta know what a crumpet is to understand Cricket."

I'll teach you. 6 runs.

Oct 16 at 4:43:44 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Seeing a thread like this without Galacticlint makes me wonder if he was one of the guys arrested at Area 51!    

But at least it seems like we have some other conspiracy theorists to keep us entertained.

Oct 16 at 4:47:21 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky

I'll teach you. 6 runs.

Later, freak, I've got work to do.

Oct 16 at 4:50:33 PM
attakid101 (19)
(Fredo ) < King Solomon >
Idaho

I'll teach you. 6 runs.

I really love it when this shit happens on this forum. buncha nerds. 

Oct 16 at 4:50:42 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut

I'll teach you. 6 runs.

FREAK?!

Oct 16 at 4:54:56 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: attakid101

I'll teach you. 6 runs.

I really love it when this shit happens on this forum. buncha nerds. 

Who you callin a nerd, geek?

Oct 16 at 4:55:12 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida

As a scientist that works in space physics and various fun and geeky research, my answer is a solid NO.
Sure, maybe somewhere in our galaxy, let alone the Universe, there are advanced civilizations capable of traveling light years. Our current technology would not allow us to travel to Alpha Centauri, our nearest neighbor, even if we had to. Furthermore, if we put our resources together to launch a probe to reach Alpha Centauri, given our technology it would take about 50,000 years or longer. How would we power it? How would we make sure it got there? No answers. Given all this, I find it hard to believe that an extraterrestrial civilization would just happen to come visit Earth. As for "weird videos" - sure, lots of them. All of them showing either natural phenomena or something made by people.
As a scietist, how do you explain this?  I am not trying to be flippant, I am genuinely curious.

allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="280" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CnI..." width="500">>

1)Testing of new technologies Could be American, Russian, Chinese... who knows. Missles, airplanes, drones, something along those lines. 

2)Sometimes there are "weird" things that can happen. For example, radar has been known to erroneously reported multiple bogies, where in fact there was only one, and sometimes to report one, where there are none. Furthermore these phantom UFOs can do erratic and strange movements because they simply don't exist. 

You obviously didn't listen/watch the whole podcast as the Captain clearly showed that the UFO was "actively jamming" their radar and they switched to other ways to see the object (one was in essence a black and white TV image I think and one thermal imaging.  Somehting like that.  Please watch it as the Captain explains everything very clearly and this is actual Navy footage released by the Pentagon, it's legit).  When you say testing of new technologies.... they go into that in the clip as well as nothing we know of could have moved that fast if it was an actual ship.  No rippling of the waves below, no trail from jet engines, etc.

You obviously don't want my opinion since you're saying the UFO was "actively jamming" their radar. Maybe something was jamming their radar, but it wasn't something from out of space. I've given you my opinion, if you want to believe it's a UFO do so. I'm calling bullshit on the UFO. There has never been anything near clear evidence for

1)God, Angels, Demons, etc.
2)An afterlife (related to 1)
3)UFOs

Want to make an extraordinary claim? Give me extraordinay evidence. 

Edited: 10/16/2019 at 04:56 PM by avatar!

Oct 16 at 8:24:45 PM
tbone3969 (67)
< Lolo Lord >
United States

You obviously don't want my opinion since you're saying the UFO was "actively jamming" their radar. Maybe something was jamming their radar, but it wasn't something from out of space. I've given you my opinion, if you want to believe it's a UFO do so. I'm calling bullshit on the UFO. There has never been anything near clear evidence for

3)UFOs

Oh no, I don't believe in alien UFOs.  I'm just trying to wrap my head around this one as it is reported by a captain fighter pilot and the US Navy.  Forget about the jamming part.  They switched views and saw it with other detection equipment was my point.  Not to mention it was seen with the human eye by this navy pilot for something like 5 minutes.  He saw it with his eyes and like four other Navy crewman saw it.  And they had it on radar (until it started to get jammed) and like three other detection methods.  I just don't know what to make of it when there is clear video evidence here and legit, non wacko, eye witnesses.  My logical self can't wrap my head around it.

Did you watch the whole clip?

TIA

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Edited: 10/16/2019 at 08:26 PM by tbone3969

Oct 17 at 2:39:34 AM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
I feel like if a race has the technology to travel around the universe, then they could see us without being spotted. I just don't believe some alien got lost going home from a space party and ended up in our atmosphere.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Oct 17 at 4:23:11 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida

3)UFOs

Oh no, I don't believe in alien UFOs.  I'm just trying to wrap my head around this one as it is reported by a captain fighter pilot and the US Navy.  Forget about the jamming part.  They switched views and saw it with other detection equipment was my point.  Not to mention it was seen with the human eye by this navy pilot for something like 5 minutes.  He saw it with his eyes and like four other Navy crewman saw it.  And they had it on radar (until it started to get jammed) and like three other detection methods.  I just don't know what to make of it when there is clear video evidence here and legit, non wacko, eye witnesses.  My logical self can't wrap my head around it.

Did you watch the whole clip?

TIA

Admittedly I did not watch the whole clip. I'm sure they saw something they can not explain, and there probably is no "clear" answer as to what exactly it was. However, I'm certain it was not extraterrestrial. 

Oct 17 at 4:26:39 PM
phart010 (8)
(Paul Hart) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
A UFO by definition is an unidentified flying object. It's not a question of belief.. it's an undeniable fact that there are reports of unidentified flying objects every day.

Oct 17 at 4:35:51 PM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
From the OP:

Yes I mean the ones the little green men fly around, not the technically unidentifiable flying objects

Oct 17 at 8:07:30 PM
phart010 (8)
(Paul Hart) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Splain

From the OP:

Yes I mean the ones the little green men fly around, not the technically unidentifiable flying objects
Sorry TLDR

Oct 17 at 9:47:20 PM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio
If by UFOs you mean alien life forms in spacecraft visiting earth and seen by the earth's general public, no.